RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY17 new central screen and instrument panel pictures
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

XP

United Kingdom 

Sorry maybe I was misleading the previous replies.

The screen basically have 2 mode - speedo (normal/standard) or full map
if you choose full map then there is no speedometer displayed, and the speed is displayed at the bottom
if you choose the speedometer mode, then there are 4 themes you can select (not a big diff in it really), and the map won't be displayed at all (unless if it gives you an instruction, then a small map will be displayed in the middle, like in the old system)
there is no 'combined' mode unfortunately...

Post #512496 Sat Dec 17 2016 5:14pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the clarification. I'm surprised that tiny speed display is legal, though - I hadn't even spotted it!! I wonder what the actual minimum requirements are? I've ordered HUD, so maybe the map display would be the most useful in my case.

Post #512497 Sat Dec 17 2016 5:25pm
LG8340

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I don't want to rain on your parade and though digital is a big step forward JLR is way behind Audi in that regard.

Drag a drop should be the order of the day whereby instruments can be placed anywhere and sized by pinch and stretch gestures the way Apple would do it.

Come on JLR get your act together! RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary
Gone: Evoque, Freelander 2, Mercedes 320 CLK, Porsche 911's

Post #512505 Sat Dec 17 2016 7:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

No we don't want the Audi dash, they have a reputation for melting down and having to be completely replaced! Nothing worse than no info at all in front of you! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #512508 Sat Dec 17 2016 8:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LG8340

OK I didn't know that Audi instrument displays are prone to melting. Not good!

However in Audi's defence there are always dials on screen. It's just that they are smaller when in map mode.

Another thing, the RRS display is a tad bland and tries too hard to look like standard analog.

Anyhow that's just my opinion. RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary

Post #512512 Sat Dec 17 2016 9:20pm
TradingEngineer

Hello all,
Long time follower, first time posting.

I just viewed the delivery on my MY17, and it DIDN'T have the TFT instrument panel (HSE with V&C package). Dealer didn't know too much saying that 'this sometimes and rarely happens'..The TFT instrument panel looks slick, and I feel I am missing out..

Does anyone have any insight from the internals of Land Rover? Parts shortages? Dedication to certain markets?

Cheers!

Post #518237 Sun Feb 19 2017 4:40pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

It's a market thing. The 2017 brochure shows LHD HSE cars with the mechanical instrument package. I'm surprised that your dealer didn't make this clear. On second thoughts maybe not so surprised but it's a pity your expectations won't be met.

Sorry but the 2017 digital dash is rather good.

Jim 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #518239 Sun Feb 19 2017 4:49pm
TradingEngineer

Thank you for the reply Silty.
Everything on order form pointed to it, even the sticker has it on there! Lol
I guess I just have to laugh Shocked . This is the second order in 9 months and I still couldn't get the right car delivered..

Post #518243 Sun Feb 19 2017 4:59pm
Tim in Scotland

Might be worth checking if Audi's in the USA get a TFT screen - if not then it will be a DoT homolgation/type approval thing and not much you or LR can do about it 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #518246 Sun Feb 19 2017 5:12pm
TradingEngineer

Thank you Tim. I thought about that one too, but I sat in a S/C with the TFT panel..
I have to put put it down to timing.. Maybe those who get theirs delivered in the US from Feb onwards get the panel..maybe.. Hopefully... Lol

While the panel does look slick, there may be a reason Porsche continues to keep the traditional dials Smile

Post #518252 Sun Feb 19 2017 5:50pm
LG8340

Couldn't agree more.

JLR lost the opportunity to overreach Audi and do a TFT screen Apple style.

As it is it's a poor attempt and they should have done what Porsche did and stay with analogue until the technology catches up. RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary

Post #518305 Sun Feb 19 2017 10:41pm
wilf

You can access car configuration files with a mongoose adaptor and SDD software. However, it is very (VERY) easy to end up with a totally dead car, so unless you are really expert in these things, you will just have to accept that the software configuration is fixed. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #518322 Mon Feb 20 2017 10:09am
Tim in Scotland

AFAIK the new Discovery5 doesn't get a TFT dash even as an option, they get deeply cowled Evoque style analogue instruments in all the photos I have seen so maybe LR has decided that the tech isn't right yet. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #518331 Mon Feb 20 2017 11:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123