RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > TDV8 3.6 Problem with oil coming Out of LH Side Exhaust Mani
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RANGETDV8

TDV8 3.6 Problem with oil coming Out of LH Side Exhaust Mani

Hi guys i brought a Range Rover Sport last year in oct 2014 3.6 TDV8 2007 model it had been driving fine up until recently it did have a bird chirping noise from right side which i think was either the exhaust manifold issue of snapped stud and air leaking from exhaust manifold which was making this noise as it increased as you put your foot on the pedal. Or could have been. possibly a turbo failing but didnt sound like a whine of a turbo

One day i was driving home at 4am all was fine untill i could feel it was loosing aceleration as i revved it was not moving i looked behind and saw lots of big white clouds of smoke so i stopped and checked the oil was gone from the sump

I got the car taken home as it was near my house

I checked the car didnt have any low oil light on i tried to top the oil up and it was just throwing lots of white smoke once it started it was hardly moving and was running lumpy

I had it taken to a garage that i had used before for my p38 which i had before so i felt il use them again they said to me on the phone it sounds like its the turbos are gone

So i was quoted to have the turbos done by the garage

They had the vehicle in there garage and they said they cleaned and removed all old oil from intercooler and other parts of engine, fitted new turbos both sides, changed oil and oil filter.

Then they called me telling me its still not running right its still throwing white smoke and is still lumpy and slugish and not how it should be

They then mentioned they are getting a turbo whistle noise from the right turbo which they were looking into

During this time they had noticed the left hand side new turbo had oil coming into it so they removed it and said that oil is coming out of the Lh side exhaust manifold in to new turbo

As they had it for a while and couldnt figure out any more since they said to me after taking on the job that they dont work On engine as in taking them apart to find the fault

So i have waited for the garage to come up with a sultion to get this resolved as they were hoping for me to just pay and take the Range Rover in state it was which meant the turbos would fail if it was to be driven and even more further damage to the engine

So i asked the garage if they could get someone in that can fix the engine or check to find the issue why oil is leaking from the exhaust manifold on lh side of the engine or for me to take it away with my old turbos get engine checked & repaired and bring back to them for the turbos to be done with the agreed 12 months warranty which they offer

The reason i chose them was to get the job done properly with warranty for peace of mind

The old turbos were danaged one was seized and they recommended that its best to replace both in a pair

The garage has had the Range Rover for over 1 month & 2 weeks

I called them today to ask if they can update me with what we can do to get this resolved they said few times before when i had called them within a 2 week peroid every few days that they are looking for soneone to look at it and they will get back to me

Today they said they will decide by tomorrow on what they can do as a solution to get this all worked out

End result i want is it working fully with new turbos with warranty

Can any one shed any light on if they seen this fault of oil leaking from lh side of engine exhaust manifold
Or what could cause this and tge turbos to fail all at the same time

I have been told when the turbos fail they dont cause any danage to the engine

I will mention the garage name once i find out how things go tomorrow

I was thinking can the oil coming out of the exhaust manifold be old oil that got in there from the original turbo failure

Also the garage said the Lh side turbo front nut was missing from
the turbo but i have been told by others that the nut cant end up inside the engine most likely would have ended up in intercooler

Can the turbos when they fail push oil into the engine exhaust manifold and later come out of the exhaust manifold once new turbos have been fitted

the oil that has leaked from the exhaust manifold can this have damaged the turbo that they fitted

Also they changed the turbos through the arches without taking the body off

Thanks for taking your time to read all this sorry for spelling mistakes just a bit too stressed about this situation

[/s]

Post #462970 Tue May 26 2015 11:26pm
getaibose

India 

Hello,

I have the same exact problem in my 2010 RR Sport 3.6 TDV8. I was wondering have you managed to sort out your issues and if so what was the reason for these issues. Reply will be deeply appreciated.

Cheers,

Abraham

Post #504338 Fri Sep 02 2016 6:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1