RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Front parking sensor shut off - software update available
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Front parking sensor shut off - software update available

Just been informed by my dealer that a software update is now available to sort the issue of the front parking sensors shutting themselves off. Vehicle now booked for 26th to update, I will revert if this upgrade works.. Will also be having a meeting about the ongoing leather issues... D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #485454 Fri Jan 22 2016 12:04pm
Skittles001

United Kingdom 

Hi can I check what you mean: do you mean it not coming on at slow speeds by itself or something else. Ps what model car do you have?

Post #485488 Fri Jan 22 2016 8:55pm
Triumph_Dave

It seems to only impact the MY2016 RRS. Basically the front parking sensors turn themselves off after the car has been inactive for a certain period of time.. On the 2016 MY cars you can turn on all parking sensors from the front screen.. They then work fine, until the car has been parked up stationary for a while, then when you move the vehicle you will find the front parking aids have switched themselves off. Land Rover acknowledged this as a fault just before Xmas and have worked on a software fix, which as my dealer tells me is now available to be applied. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone

Post #485603 Sun Jan 24 2016 11:03am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Mine doesn't have this problem or may be I don't know that I'm missing something Embarassed Topix isn't showing anything outstanding either.

No matter how long the car has been off for, whenever reverse is selected both front and rear sensors work. The only time I ever need to use the parking aid button is when I just drive forward to park without having selected reverse at any point during that manoeuvre. However, this is extremely rare for me as I almost always reverse into parking spaces so may be I just haven't noticed. Forward alert (radar cruise feature) still works in case of forward parking if approaching too fast.

Is the car supposed to detect that it is being parked forward and activate front sensors without parking aid button or reverse gear being engaged? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #485610 Sun Jan 24 2016 11:37am
Triumph_Dave

The issue seems to only impact the front sensors after the vehicle has been stationary for over 24 + hrs. The forward sensors are not made active, even though 24 hrs previously they had been made active on the touch screen.. If I check on the front screen the parking aid software button has switched itself off.
The LR dealer informed me that once made active the sensors should detect front and back.. LR have acknowledged it as a software issue and have been working for the last 3 months to sort it.
I notice it as I have to maneuver in and out of a parking area and although the rear sensors always became active when the vehicle was started the front sensors did not unless they were manually selected. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone

Post #485620 Sun Jan 24 2016 12:28pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Right, so I found that Auto Parking Aid was off on the screen. Switched it on when starting a journey and very soon realised why I had turned it off or never switched on - so annoying in traffic jams! I still left it on so I can check whether it would turn off automatically. Parked up for just under 2.5 hours and checked upon returning to the car - it was off. Not 24 hours but for me it looks like everytime the engine is switched off or car goes to sleep it resets to off. Topic doesn't list it as an outstanding item against my VIN.

This is one feature I won't be rushing to get fixed as I don't see myself using it much but will get it done (for the next owner) when the car is booked for something else. On the rare occasion that I park forward I can still utilise the sensors using a quick single press of the parking aid button next to the screen. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #485646 Sun Jan 24 2016 7:28pm
Triumph_Dave

Well;, after several days testing I can confirm that the software update works, no longer does the system shut off, so in the mornings I can move the car and the front sensors are active. They also cut off above a certain speed, looks to be about 5 mph, but I have not tested this, all I know is they shout off as you accelerate.

Dave D4 2012 Santorini Black gone

Post #486177 Sun Jan 31 2016 11:26am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

The fix doesn't show on Topix at all, is there anything published about this as normally I know more than my dealer!! MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #486300 Mon Feb 01 2016 7:13pm
Triumph_Dave

No I have not seen the fix on Topix.. the info all came through the local dealer. There was a previous post from another member on this forum before Xmas that I replied to also about the front sensors turning off and a software update, so at least one other dealer knows of it.
The fix was definitely LR software, as they admitted before Xmas there was an issue and I had to wait for it.. This was also the same info on the other post. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone

Post #486366 Tue Feb 02 2016 10:30am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that. I haven't had time to take it in for the AHBA update yet so will ask at the same time. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #486377 Tue Feb 02 2016 1:21pm
ali5711

United Kingdom 
Great sensors

I had mine checked a few weeks ago by LR after I nudged into a low wall again, smashing the plastic bumper, I was relying on the sensors that didn't bleep.
LR said they checked fine but I nudged the bumper again and the sensors were slow reacting.
I will call the service section!

Post #488785 Wed Feb 24 2016 1:32pm
Autobiography

I had mine updated by LR Assist at the roadside. Dealer visits not necessary for software updates Wink

They now work as they should have.

Post #488798 Wed Feb 24 2016 4:05pm
Triumph_Dave

Rgr, I can confirm that after two weeks of in/outs the vehicles front sensors are now working as intended..
If only I could say the same for the seat leather, but that is another story. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone

Post #488805 Wed Feb 24 2016 5:40pm
scott2k21

United Kingdom 

Peter Vardy Aberdeen certainly know about this fix as they did mine a few weeks ago ...around the same time as my car's fetish for beeping developed, so I'd be interested to see if this is linked in any way if the phantom 'mislock' beeps develop on others' cars that have had the update for auto parking aid and/or auto memory seat repositioning Rolling Eyes

Post #488958 Thu Feb 25 2016 10:35pm
steve_hmmm

United Kingdom 

Interestingly, I escalated several points high up the chain in JLR, which included the front parking sensors not coming on below 10km/h, as per owners manual. Official advice from central engineering today was... Owners handbook is wrong. Embarassed

Which seems to contradict the posts above - would be most grateful if anyone could share any additional info on the SW update referred to earlier on the thread?

Post #490662 Fri Mar 11 2016 10:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>