RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Front parking sensor shut off - software update available
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

scott2k21

United Kingdom 

I believe the handbook is wrong with regards the steps to activate the auto parking aid (i.e. holding the button for 3 secs doesn't work). The 'soft' button on the touchscreen is how to activate it.....but without some form of update, this doesn't work either as for each subsequent journey the auto parking aid will have reverted to "off".

Definitely a fix for it though, as proved on my MY16 Autobiography recently ...however I can't vouch that this 'fix' didn't trigger further problems on my car! Coincidence? Maybe, but if it is proved to be gremlin-inducing, leave it well alone until LR have a new 'update' Rolling Eyes

Post #490718 Sat Mar 12 2016 6:09pm
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

steve_hmmm wrote:
Interestingly, I escalated several points high up the chain in JLR, which included the front parking sensors not coming on below 10km/h, as per owners manual. Official advice from central engineering today was... Owners handbook is wrong. Embarassed

Which seems to contradict the posts above - would be most grateful if anyone could share any additional info on the SW update referred to earlier on the thread?

I can confirm that our car was updated with a software change to sort the issue of the front sensors turning themselves off after the vehicle had been parked for 12 + hrs, this update has completely fixed the issue and the front sensors now operate as you would expect and come on when the vehicle is started and maneuvered from its parking area. Our LR dealer confirmed the issue with the factory before Xmas and we had to wait for several months for the update to be available. I can also confirm that when in near stationary traffic and crawling forward if you become close to the car in the front the sensors activate. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #490966 Tue Mar 15 2016 11:17am
Fletcher

England 

Hi, local dealer being a bit thick, is there a code number for this parking sensor update

Post #495250 Fri May 06 2016 11:25am
Triumph_Dave

Hi, I am afraid I was not supplied with the software update number. If your dealer contacts Taunton Land Rover they should be able to supply the info on what is needed. If not, them please PM me and I will give you my cars details so they can cross check for yours.
Interestingly I think this issue mostly impacts cars produced close to the start of the MY2016 year, so maybe the issue is sorted in later cars.
The front sensors now always work as expected on start up, they also auto switch on when the speed is at or below 5 mph, so sometimes in traffic jams if you get a little close it will detect and alert, same in very narrow Somerset lanes if at slow speed and close to bank sides.

Dave D4 2012 Santorini Black gone

Post #495258 Fri May 06 2016 12:41pm
Fletcher

England 

Many thanks Dave, it's been one of those days . Dealer fitted a new air suspension pump to solve that problem but they were totally baffled as to why I wanted the update/fix to the parking sensors. The wife had to argue with the service adviser who new nothing about the problem and would not except that she new more about it than he did .
After your help Dave and a bit of advice from Taunton landrover our dealer in Barnstable phoned us back to finally agree there is a problem but they will need to take further advice from landrover technical as to the fix .

Post #495301 Fri May 06 2016 10:27pm
Fletcher

England 

Hi Dave. Any chance you can pm me your details. Looks like I'm going to Taunton

Post #495460 Mon May 09 2016 11:26am
Triumph_Dave

No probs, just sent you the info..

Post #495465 Mon May 09 2016 12:51pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

Fletcher wrote:
Many thanks Dave, it's been one of those days . Dealer fitted a new air suspension pump to solve that problem but they were totally baffled as to why I wanted the update/fix to the parking sensors. The wife had to argue with the service adviser who new nothing about the problem and would not except that she new more about it than he did .
After your help Dave and a bit of advice from Taunton landrover our dealer in Barnstable phoned us back to finally agree there is a problem but they will need to take further advice from landrover technical as to the fix .

Hi there,

My new MY16 is going into the dealer next week to have a few "issues" resolved. One of them is the front parking sensor auto activation.

It would be a great help if you could please provide the software code that resolves this issue so I can pass onto my dealer. Not that I have little faith in the dealer to resolve this......... Banging Head

Thanks in advance. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #495526 Tue May 10 2016 2:20am
Triumph_Dave

Hi DrFox, I am afraid that as per previous posts I do not have a software update ID. I was told by my dealer that it was software, as I had to wait over 4 months for LR to come up with a fix for the issue, which was applied by my local dealer. To the best of my knowledge LR have not posted a software fix number for the issue.. Maybe ( and I am guessing) its more than software related.. Just don't know in truth and LR and dealer have never told me.. ( as per normal ref communications from LR ). I can tell you that whatever was done has completely fixed the issue. If you run into problems I can only suggest you show the dealer this forum and thread to prove the issue is real.

Post #495536 Tue May 10 2016 8:41am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Thanks Dave, appreciate your feedback. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #495537 Tue May 10 2016 8:56am
Fletcher

England 

Thanks again Dave, after my local dealership telling me a tail about the hand book being wrong and there was no fix . They installed the latest software and the parking sensors are now fixed .
Fed up with every trip to the main agent starting and ending with an argument. What ever happened to the staff that would say " yes sir , no sir "

Post #495556 Tue May 10 2016 12:47pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

On a slightly off thread, how much should you pay for 2016 map update? I've been quoted £250.00 locally Rolling Eyes , where as when I'm in North Yorkshire, they do it as part of your service at a reduced price.
As new map software is available direct from LR online for £160.00, surely £90.00 fitting is taking the urine? 😡
Will start doing some research. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Sat May 14 2016 1:00am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #495613 Wed May 11 2016 12:07am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Fletcher wrote:
Thanks again Dave, after my local dealership telling me a tail about the hand book being wrong and there was no fix . They installed the latest software and the parking sensors are now fixed .
Fed up with every trip to the main agent starting and ending with an argument. What ever happened to the staff that would say " yes sir , no sir "

Hi Fletcher, by chance did you get details of the software code for this fix? 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #495616 Wed May 11 2016 12:55am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I have brought this to the attention of LRCR: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post495872.html#495872

Hopefully they can provide more information to us and/or the dealers. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #495873 Fri May 13 2016 5:04pm
Fletcher

England 

Dr. Fox , sorry we did have a number from Taunton landrover but the wife has thrown it away as Barnstable landrover said it was just a generic software update to the latest updates for that model of car . However it did fix the issue, not that the dealer realized that . Good luck .

Post #495962 Sat May 14 2016 11:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>