RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Automatic WIndow Closure upon Alarm Activation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

NellyP

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Automatic WIndow Closure upon Alarm Activation

Can anyone provide details of getting the windows to close, if open, upon activation of the alarm from the key fob.

My P'38's did, the present Range Rover does, but rr sport & Disco3 ( same electrics I am told ) do NOT.

I consider this a major design fault by Landrover & a security issue.

In it's present format you could quite easily, by accident open a rear window from the drivers seat, park up in the dark & when setting the alarm leave that window open. Also if this happens you do not get any message from the vehicle that a window has been left open.

If Landrover review this web site ( as other members state ) then please Landrover provide our dealers with the required codes/settings to allow this to happen, after all "lesser" vehicles have this as standard.

I know this issue has been addressed before, but no actual answers yet.

Serious & informative replies please, the "you wont need to open your windows for 8 months replies, although funny" just clog the link & do not help.

Post #64377 Tue Oct 31 2006 12:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The doc

United Kingdom 

The electrical system on your new range rover is nothing like the P'38's I'm afraid.

It would be nice to have automatic window roll up on alarm though Cool

Post #64384 Tue Oct 31 2006 1:51pm
NellyP

I totally agree, maybe the electrics are not the same on a P38 & RR Sport, i wouldnt expect them to be, but would expect the same level of operation on a more electronically advanced vehicle.

Thanks for your thoughts, but it's answers im looking for.

I am now enquiring with technical services at landrover, together with my dealer, who agrees that this is a floor in the design & operation.
Apparently if an engeneering code for the vehicle is provided by landrover, the dealer has many more options in the programming of systems.

Hopefully landrover will take this "on board" & provide some type of up-date to allow the windows to close upon activation of the alarm.

Post #64406 Tue Oct 31 2006 6:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Hi NellyP read Drillers posts about this He said that it is possible RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #64408 Tue Oct 31 2006 7:13pm
Lateral5

Australia 

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic3553.html would be the one you are looking for Smile RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #64447 Wed Nov 01 2006 3:34am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Yes - that's the one ............... come on Driller ..... we want answers Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #64475 Wed Nov 01 2006 11:08am
Driller

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

OK fellas, heading to my local stealer tomorrow to try and get some answers and hopefully get the thing installed, will keep you all posted?!

Post #64496 Wed Nov 01 2006 2:13pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Top man Thumbs Up 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #64512 Wed Nov 01 2006 3:28pm
NellyP

Hey "the Doc" seeing as you are an auto electrician surely you know how to wire & fit a retro fit "window lift" interface, you know the type they used to fit to Toad Alarm Systems some years ago.....maybe this is "right up your street" Why didnt I think of this easy answer earlier, problem is I aint no auto sparks

Post #64559 Wed Nov 01 2006 5:56pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Yes, indeed it is!

I will work on a simple solution to this problem once my RRS has been delivered.

I think that the rear and pass windows are not centrally controlled though Sad

Post #64584 Wed Nov 01 2006 6:31pm
NellyP

Excellent "the Doc" the beauty of these Forum's is that eventually you get the answers.

Hope your pleased with your Sport, add some photos when you get it, nice one.

Post #64628 Thu Nov 02 2006 8:58am
The doc

United Kingdom 

Will do!

It has been delayed Sad

Was suppoed to be arriving Friday but has been put back by 10 days Sad

Post #64630 Thu Nov 02 2006 9:41am
NellyP

Hey Driller.....got any answers yet?

Post #64837 Fri Nov 03 2006 6:43pm
tonser

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Hi guys

I've been chasing a solution to thid for a while too. My dealer has apparently ordered a software 'upgrade' from LR which will allow this, though I dont yet know whether they will be charging me for it. I flagged it as a problem when I collected the RRS from them, and they agreed and said they could resolve it.

Once I'm back in the UK (couple of weeks time) I'll chase up the dealer and see what is going on.

The other thing I'd like would be to have the wing mirrors fold in and out with the alarm activation/deactivation - any chane you could do something with this Doc ?

Thanks

Tony Play: '59 VW Kabrio & '90 964
Work: http://www.mustardpost.com

Post #64869 Sat Nov 04 2006 4:00pm
NellyP

Got some answers from landrover technical, windows do not & cannot be set to "auto close" by setting the alarm or from the "lazy Lock" button. Landrover have no intention of carrying out any modifications to allow this to happen.

Thanks, Landrover, maybe it's only me who considers this a potential security issue & under specification on a vehicle of £60K.

Have now approached my friendly retro fit car electronics dealer, who has listened & approached "Clifford" technical about the possibility. Should cost around £350 fitted & working.

Will keep you all informed......my windows WILL eventually auto close when setting the alarm...to be sure!

Post #65619 Thu Nov 09 2006 6:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>