RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Automatic WIndow Closure upon Alarm Activation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

MDP

United Kingdom 

NellyP I like your enthusiasm Thumbs Up

Keep us all posted - I'm sure we'll all want it done - so someones going to proffit Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #65636 Thu Nov 09 2006 8:39pm
NellyP

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Ha Ha......at last.......my car is booked in next Thursday all windows will auto close upon activation of alarm from key fob.

Not a Landrover solution, but by Car Electronics Company in Lutterworth Leics, by the use of a "Clifford" retro fit interface, that will provide a lift to each window therefore closing, if open, Interface activated by "alarm being set"

Will confirm all works next Thursday, apparently this is not a difficult electrical problem & quite a simple job that will take around 5 hours to complete.

Post #65815 Fri Nov 10 2006 6:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NellyP

Well Folks, seems like it's a little more difficult than expected. My Local Car Electronics Company have spent 2 hours investigating toady & cannot complete the works......yet. Sad

They have discovered that upon removal of the ignition key the car "drops" power to all non-essential systems, the window supply being one of them.

So they need to provide a constant live to their interface from elsewhere, this they did not account for, the job will now take around 9 hours to complete, rather than the 4 or 5 originally quoted. They also have to wire to each window motor rather than the multi-switch on the drivers door.

Although im a little disapointed with this, they have "stepped back" & taken the time to inform me, rather than just carry on, which allows me to visit JE Engeneering tomorrow morning, as arranged, to have a JE Exhaust fitted. Smile

One thing the above does prove is that there is no chance of "programming" it at the dealers as an option or off "lazy lock"

It will be re-booked in sometime next week for 2 days, to allow enough time to complete the job........watch this space!

"My windows WILL auto close upon activation of the alarm" Wink

Post #66541 Thu Nov 16 2006 2:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Nelly - no doubt this fix will not come cheap, is it worth it? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #66554 Thu Nov 16 2006 4:30pm
NellyP

To me it's the principle that counts my P38 did.......my sport will.

It really winds me up when you buy a far better vehicle ( overall ) and simple but essential bits dissapear. This seems the "norm" now Ford own Landrover.

Had a series 2 Disco ES 7 seater, this had 7 Leather seats, changed to the 2003 model....low & behold the 2 occasional seats were PVC, the others leather, wrote to Bob Dover @ Landrover, who replied "we must all go forward with the times" Seems BACKWARDS to me, so had them done in leather. Just after this on the 2003 Disco Landrover decided to omit the mesh blinds on the twin sunroofs.....another Ford cost saving scheme I suppose?

Take a look at the 2007 Defender, compare it to the present model....new bonnet.....new dash etc.....what's missing?

Just picked up my sport & they have a 2007 Sport S/C new clocks....electrically opening glove boxes's.....what's missing from the 2006 model, the answer my friends is PLENTY.

Reading this back it appears that I am a bit of a moaner, in fact I am, unfortuinatly, a life long Landrover fan & will drive no other, they are fantastic vehicles & in my opinion, no other 4x4 compares, but come on Landrover your going to have to work a bit harder to keep it that way.
I know the RR sport is just a fast Disco but we all expect a decent level of specification.

Post #66590 Thu Nov 16 2006 9:47pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

I expect they have already found one but this pic from D3Matt's gallery on Disco3 shows where you can apparently pick up a permanent live feed.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayima...amp;pos=12

Last edited by Cliff H on Fri Nov 17 2006 10:27am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #66597 Thu Nov 16 2006 10:40pm
NellyP

Cheers Cliff! Will print & take to the man who needs to know.

These sodding windows will close upon activation of the alarm!

Post #66613 Fri Nov 17 2006 9:10am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

NellyP wrote:
To me it's the principle that counts my P38 did.......my sport will.

It really winds me up when you buy a far better vehicle ( overall ) and simple but essential bits dissapear. This seems the "norm" now Ford own Landrover.

Had a series 2 Disco ES 7 seater, this had 7 Leather seats, changed to the 2003 model....low & behold the 2 occasional seats were PVC, the others leather, wrote to Bob Dover @ Landrover, who replied "we must all go forward with the times" Seems BACKWARDS to me, so had them done in leather. Just after this on the 2003 Disco Landrover decided to omit the mesh blinds on the twin sunroofs.....another Ford cost saving scheme I suppose?

Take a look at the 2007 Defender, compare it to the present model....new bonnet.....new dash etc.....what's missing?

Just picked up my sport & they have a 2007 Sport S/C new clocks....electrically opening glove boxes's.....what's missing from the 2006 model, the answer my friends is PLENTY.

Reading this back it appears that I am a bit of a moaner, in fact I am, unfortuinatly, a life long Landrover fan & will drive no other, they are fantastic vehicles & in my opinion, no other 4x4 compares, but come on Landrover your going to have to work a bit harder to keep it that way.
I know the RR sport is just a fast Disco but we all expect a decent level of specification.

I am with you on this and your line of thinking - moaning or not lowered standards are too readily accepted these days which lets suppliers get away with more and more!!! Banging Head

Post #66621 Fri Nov 17 2006 11:19am
NellyP

Cheers, im not going Peter Meldrew then! Very Happy

Post #66683 Fri Nov 17 2006 6:59pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Go for it Nelly! Thumbs Up 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #66684 Fri Nov 17 2006 7:02pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Im with Nelly on this, i to had a p38 autobiography and that was much better equipped even forgetting the extra bits it had. Why should we settle for less of what seems to be considered the norm on most up market vehicles. In todays market place Landrover need to look at these sort of things if they want to stay at the top end of the 4X4 luxury market. I am an avid L/R fan and would'nt consider having anything else as my main car mainly because of the permanent four wheel drive and where i live, but i do feel let down.

P.S Nelly I think you might mean Victor Meldrew some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #66828 Sat Nov 18 2006 11:22pm
NellyP

DOOOH Embarassed Victor indeed!

Would you believe it! My S/c is back at the local car electronics place, for 2 days giving them time to carry out what Landrover dont do.

By the way anyone had a look at the new Freelander...........it's got auto close as standard!

Looks like ive wasted my money on a DISCOVERY SPORT! Maybe the RANGE ROVER SPORT, when Landrover built it, will have the same spec as previous RR's & newer, supposedly lesser spec ( Freelander ) vehicles.

My Son says I should have bought a Scooby, apparently it, too is basic & fast!

Post #67282 Tue Nov 21 2006 2:05pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

NellyP wrote:

They have discovered that upon removal of the ignition key the car "drops" power to all non-essential systems, the window supply being one of them.

This makes sense - explains that "low battery" warning when I fold the mirrors after removing the key. I just wish I could get the wing mirrors to fold in upon locking the car.

Has someone figured this out yet? 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #67284 Tue Nov 21 2006 2:49pm
NellyP

Very Happy Well my friends, as from today, ALL WINDOWS AUTO CLOSE UPON ACTIVATION OF THE ALARM......yes my local car electronice company have done it, fantastic, excellent, lovely old job.....well happy.

Post #67438 Wed Nov 22 2006 2:25pm
tonser

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Well done Nelly and congrats !

Dare I ask how much this would cost ? And would they be able to include the sunroof ?

Thanks

Tonser Play: '59 VW Kabrio & '90 964
Work: http://www.mustardpost.com

Post #67439 Wed Nov 22 2006 2:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>