RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Driving Features Menu incomplete - AHBA
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>

fkarim

United Kingdom 

I have brought this to the attention of Pete@LandRover. He might be able to keep us updated of progress on this fix. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #473397 Wed Sep 16 2015 11:33pm
Fletcher

England 

Not wanting to be awkward but is it ok to except my new car ( if it's ever ready ) knowing it has a fault before I drive it out from the show room .

Post #473405 Thu Sep 17 2015 8:22am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I think it depends on the fault. Not being able to configure AHBA isn't too bad (unless you are driving to the continent soon) to warrant an extreme measure like rejecting the car IMHO. Same goes for fuel tank sloshing - annoying but can live with it until they fix it. Had LR not acknowledged the problems or were unwilling to sort out, that would have been a different story.

For more serious issues, I would reject it and would have a better chance of justifying it too. Also depends on how tolerant you are Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #473406 Thu Sep 17 2015 8:58am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The car is safe to drive so what grounds to refuse acceptance? You are aware that there is an issue with AHBA that cannot be fixed at present and the dealer will also be aware (or you should make him aware that AHBA has issues by directing him to the TSB).
I took delivery of my last Evoque knowing that there was an issue with the InControl systems (it was one of the first cars to be fitted with it). With the help of Pete@LR it didn't take long for LR to sort out the issues on mine and another that was delivered the same day by the same dealer with the same issue. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #473407 Thu Sep 17 2015 9:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Fletcher

England 

Many thanks for replies , I was thinking it might give land rover a wake up call if there were lots of new cars sat at dealership , ordered but not wanted due to manufacturing faults .
I'm happy to wait as long as the tecnitions at the dealers don't just grunt and shrug their shoulders .

Last edited by Fletcher on Thu Sep 17 2015 10:02am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #473411 Thu Sep 17 2015 9:54am
Tim in Scotland

They will do that anyway......................... and then tell you it is a characteristic of the car! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #473412 Thu Sep 17 2015 9:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CRC@LandRover

United Kingdom 

Hi All,

Wanted to comment on here publicly as I have been contacted regarding this concern.

We have become aware of a concern regarding the Auto High Beam setting option being unavailable in Instrument Cluster menu on selected vehicles.

This is currently being investigated and we will be providing an update to resolve this concern shortly.

I would be happy to update this once I have further information.

Many thanks,
Pete Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #473479 Fri Sep 18 2015 9:56am
Hedders007

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for this. Please update as soon as there is any progress!

Hedders007 (Topic starter)

Post #473480 Fri Sep 18 2015 10:09am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

My AB has just been built so I guess it will have the issue too. I suppose as I have never had a car with it before that I will cope Very Happy MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #473482 Fri Sep 18 2015 10:20am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thanks Pete Thumbs Up

@Dave777 it is not just the auto operation of high beam. As I understand, without this menu you can't adjust the beam to drive on the other side of the road. Not sure how cars that do not have AHBA at all cope across the Channel though Confused

Reading earlier posts in this topic, apparently not all MY16 cars with AHBA are affected - only ones without Lane Departure Warning and Traffic Sign Recognition. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #473485 Fri Sep 18 2015 10:33am
Tim in Scotland

Cars that don't have AHBA don't need to make any adjustment at all, the headlight design is such that the dipped pattern can be used for left and right hand drive without dazzling oncoming drivers when you are on the continent. No more black stick on reflectors required either. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #473490 Fri Sep 18 2015 11:19am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Stick-on reflectors have never been required on the RRS AFAIK. On my 2009 2.7 HSE I used the levers in the headlamp unit to alter the beam pattern. My 2013 HSE Black had a flat beam that didn't even require that lever. Sounds like it is the same in RRS2 without AHBA. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #473491 Fri Sep 18 2015 11:28am
Hedders007

Just wondered if anyone had heard anything from the factory or their dealer as yet about a timescale for this fix...?

Now the evenings are just starting to close in, it would be nice to have a fix soon!

Post #474697 Tue Sep 29 2015 3:03pm
Fletcher

England 

I made my dealer aware of this fault as we were doing the hand over , I will email again this week to make it a proper complaint .

Post #475279 Sun Oct 04 2015 7:09pm
Leecccmk1

England 

I am waiting for Land Rover to come up with a remedy also,as my car should have had auto hi beam .i thought I was going mad at first trying to get it working..... I was told it was a computer error at the factory & I don't think they know how many cars are affected. I was also told the same info by the dealer that Land Rover are working on a fix & then it should be straight forward configuration once it goes in ,fingers crossed!
Still not good though imo

Post #475313 Sun Oct 04 2015 11:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>