RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Help, I'ts gone potty !!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

Gornal Hills

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue
Help, I'ts gone potty !!!

Hi Folks, drove the beast home last night , parked it locked it , great. Opened up this morning and started her up ! O dear me !! Hazzards flashing, Hill descent fault, Gearbox fault, suspension fault, the list is endless. I locked her back up and tried a few mins later and only half the faults there, done the same again, all gone and fine now. On the initial start up I had a zug-zug-zug instead of a zig-zig-zig is my battery getting tired, please help with any advice Bow down Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #448818 Sun Jan 18 2015 2:04pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Have you checked your battery and alternator voltages?

Hazards flashing (any locking problems too?) sounds like it's a CANBUS problem - check your wheel arches for damaged wires.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #448825 Sun Jan 18 2015 2:31pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Battery is first place to start, then check the volts from the alternator when running. Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #448826 Sun Jan 18 2015 2:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gornal Hills

Hi , thanks for the reply, I have 13.8 across the battery on tickover, so unsure on this one. When you say check under the wheel arches (to sound thick) which one, and what am I looking for ?? Embarassed Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #448827 Sun Jan 18 2015 2:37pm
Gornal Hills

Cheers Bodsy, had similar on my D3 and it was the lead box that was on the blink. Big Cry I'm sure this weather will sort a few out, Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #448828 Sun Jan 18 2015 2:40pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

13.8 sounds a little low for this time of year but shouldn't directly cause a problem.

Can you get a standing charge reading from the battery?

Am I right in saying, the problem is not showing it's self currently though?

Don't worry about the wheel arches until you've ruled out voltage issues. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #448830 Sun Jan 18 2015 3:01pm
Fish

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Mine is doing the same, sometimes right at start up and other times when driving, also going into limp mode. I have to take the key out and let it go to sleep to reset it, this works most of the time.
Still in the process of looking for the fault. I have had Mikey plug his fault reader in but nothing obvious in the list of faults. Battery checked after over night at 12.7volts and 14.2 on idle so I am ruling out the battery and alternator. I have had the 2 cable connection plugs open in the rear passenger wheel arch and also the one under the battery and all the connections look dry with no corrosion.
Next I need to check the ECU box at the back of the battery box and also the brake lights to rule out any water ingress.
I have already changed out the brake switch to rule this out too.
I suppose chasing the gremlins gives me something to do in my time off Whistle 2.7 HSE, Audi A6 Exec, Honda Accord Exec, Volvo 440, Volvo 360

Post #448833 Sun Jan 18 2015 3:15pm
Gornal Hills

Spot on my friend, it's being a good boy at the moment or should I say today, standing charge was reading 12.2 v , hope this makes sense if I've understood your question correctly Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #448834 Sun Jan 18 2015 3:15pm
Fish

Forgot to say when mine goes crazy it is hazards on door locks opening and closing also noticed the oil temp gauge going up to max as well as the HDC, suspension fault, transmission fault, special programs not available basically everything going and if the engine is running and I switch it off it will not let me start it again until it has reset.
Any pointers are welcome Thumbs Up 2.7 HSE, Audi A6 Exec, Honda Accord Exec, Volvo 440, Volvo 360

Post #448836 Sun Jan 18 2015 3:21pm
Gornal Hills

Fish wrote:
Mine is doing the same, sometimes right at start up and other times when driving, also going into limp mode. I have to take the key out and let it go to sleep to reset it, this works most of the time.
Still in the process of looking for the fault. I have had Mikey plug his fault reader in but nothing obvious in the list of faults. Battery checked after over night at 12.7volts and 14.2 on idle so I am ruling out the battery and alternator. I have had the 2 cable connection plugs open in the rear passenger wheel arch and also the one under the battery and all the connections look dry with no corrosion.
Next I need to check the ECU box at the back of the battery box and also the brake lights to rule out any water ingress.
I have already changed out the brake switch to rule this out too.
I suppose chasing the gremlins gives me something to do in my time off Whistle

Thanks for the reply, I've noticed one thing in your post which leads me to water ingress in my rear light cluster, I have this, could this be the problem... Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #448837 Sun Jan 18 2015 3:22pm
Gornal Hills

Fish wrote:
Forgot to say when mine goes crazy it is hazards on door locks opening and closing also noticed the oil temp gauge going up to max as well as the HDC, suspension fault, transmission fault, special programs not available basically everything going and if the engine is running and I switch it off it will not let me start it again until it has reset.
Any pointers are welcome Thumbs Up

Are we sharing the same RRS Whistle 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #448838 Sun Jan 18 2015 3:24pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

12.2V is about 50% charged I think. Did you take the reading directly on the battery? When you first wake the car up you'll get a lower reading than if you let it go back to sleep i.e. unlock, release the bonnet and then leave it for 20 minutes. I check mine through the towing socket as that way it really is asleep as I don't need to unlock it. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #448839 Sun Jan 18 2015 3:24pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Fish wrote:

Have you checked the earth connections? There are several and a dodgy connections might cause weird behaviour. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #448840 Sun Jan 18 2015 3:27pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Gornal Hills wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I've noticed one thing in your post which leads me to water ingress in my rear light cluster, I have this, could this be the problem... Thumbs Up

Could potentially be the issue (brake bulbs, blown or otherwise, often cause issues). 12.2v is OK but a little low. Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #448841 Sun Jan 18 2015 3:35pm
Fish

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Fish wrote:

Have you checked the earth connections? There are several and a dodgy connections might cause weird behaviour.

The only earth I checked was the connection to the battery when I had the battery out checking the plug connection under it, but I will follow the cables and check all for tightness when I get home.
Thanks for the tip Thumbs Up 2.7 HSE, Audi A6 Exec, Honda Accord Exec, Volvo 440, Volvo 360

Post #448844 Sun Jan 18 2015 4:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>