RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Oh Dear !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

RAUNS

United Kingdom 
Oh Dear !

Been a lurker for some while and enjoy the site and member input.

Ordered RRS is Feb and picked up on May 1st from local dealer, delighted to have new car and drove home.

First opportunity to have a play with my new toy was on the Sunday, family loaded and off we go for a trip to the market town of Knaresborough. During the journey out came the sun and up went the temperature in the car, dialled down the temp, but no difference, the air con was blowing warm. When we arrived, I had a fiddle with the settings, still blowing warm, rang my dealer to see if I was doing something wrong, he confirmed I was not.

Drove home a couple of hours later, the cooling was working fine ! All was good and a smile was back on my face.

Bank holiday Monday and we are off to a country show, a couple of miles down the road, we were all hotting again, myself especially, the air con had gone off again, pulled over and rang the dealer.

The guy I spoke to was very apologetic and said if I could come straight across, he would get a loan car and have the problem looked at on the Tuesday, en-route to the dealer a DPF waring came on, the car by this point had done less than 100 miles since I got it.

The car stayed with the workshop all week while they carried out tests, I was assured it was now fine, but that no specific fault could be found. They dropped the car off on the Friday lunchtime.

That afternoon, I nipped out to the bank, on the way back the air con had yet again failed. Car went back to the dealer.

After a few days they concluded that it needed a new compressor, which was order and would be with them the next day. The next day I get a call and informed that the compressor is on backorder and won't be available until the 23rd May at the soonest !

I spoke to the dealer principal, and I asked if a compressor could be sourced andy sooner or taken off a new car, no was his answer.

So the wait for my new car continues. I am thoroughly disappointed as you can all imagine Big Cry 2015 RRS HSE - Coris Grey + options
2014 Evoque Dynamic - Grey
2007 - Porsche 911 Cabrio 4

Post #462250 Mon May 18 2015 8:51pm
Fletcher

England 

Wow . That is a bad luck story . Well I hope it is just bad luck and not the shape of things to come, I was thinking roll on September buy not sure what to think now .
From the dealers point of view I can see why they don't take one of a sales car to swap for yours , can they not park yours up in a secure compound and loan you a car until fixed .

Post #462260 Mon May 18 2015 9:35pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Threaten to return the car as unsuitable and for a full refund. I bet they'll sort it out quickly for you then! 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #462263 Mon May 18 2015 9:43pm
RAUNS

United Kingdom 

Hi Fletcher

They have loaned me a RRS, so I do have a car to use.

I find it very hard to believe that it takes 10 days plus to get a replacement compressor, the car is built in the UK. The sales manager was going to get me an explanation, but as yet I have not heard a word.

I also am not convinced that the compressor is the fault, they were a little vague, and suggested it was the first thing to try. When the air con decided to work, it did blow nice an cold, just the lack of continuity.

No reason was give why the DPF regenerated, having done less than 100 miles, surely this cannot be right ?

I know I picked the car up on a Friday, I hope and prey that it is not a FRIDAY CAR Neutral 2015 RRS HSE - Coris Grey + options

Post #462265 Mon May 18 2015 9:52pm
RAUNS

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8

Returning the car has crossed my mind.

I really want the car and don't want to have to wait for months on a new build.

To be fair to the dealer, I will have to let them get the compressor replaced, however, if it does not rectify the fault !!! 2015 RRS HSE - Coris Grey + options

Post #462267 Mon May 18 2015 9:58pm
sterling01

Scotland 

You have spent a heck of a lot of money on a car. If I were you, I would reject it as not fit for purpose and ask for a new car to be supplied. Current - 2014 Range Rover Sport HSE SDV6
Gone - 2017 Audi A8 Sport
Gone - 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8 - Great car.

Post #462268 Mon May 18 2015 9:59pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

If it's any help my 2013 L494 had a similar issue, in that under warm conditions with the air con on max cooling, the climate would cut out. However, in my case the blower ceased to work hot or cold. Only resetting the climate from on to off and then on again, would it restart. The dealer found no fault, but I concluded that it was a faulty interior sensor as from some older posts, this was an occurrence on recent prior shape RRS cars. So, you could try going into the climate settings and swapping from on to off and then on again. Since I collected my 2015 model at the end of April , the weather hasn't been warm enough here to test out the air con on full whack.
Why the DPF should come on after 100 miles is odd indeed.

Post #462282 Mon May 18 2015 10:53pm
RAUNS

United Kingdom 

peanutbob

Thank you for the reply.The climate was set to auto, when cooling stopped, I did press max, but it still blew warm. I did not turn it on and off. I will mention your experience to the dealer.

Cheers. 2015 RRS HSE - Coris Grey + options

Post #462285 Mon May 18 2015 11:00pm
robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

email Pete Thumbs Up via the forum and ask for Land rover customer service help,

Tracker fitter broke my windscreen prior to purchase of the car, one was released from production line on the Friday and fitted on the Saturday morning, the very next day to resolve on the car prior to collection Sat afternoon.

Dealer and Customer services can work miracles, you just have to remember things do go wrong but can be fixed. None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #462316 Tue May 19 2015 12:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bermyandy

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

We had the exact same air con issue on our car (Dec-15 delivery). Would get around 15 minutes of cool air, but only if you had it on max cool. After that you'd get the outside air.. - car spent around 3 weeks in the dealer trying to fix it, eventually narrowed it down to the compressor but like you there was a delay in the part. It was meant to be fitted last week, which we didnt do in the end so can't tell you if that fixed the problem, but thats another story

Post #462653 Fri May 22 2015 5:43pm
Buster007

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

RAUNS wrote:
RRSTDV8

Returning the car has crossed my mind.

I really want the car and don't want to have to wait for months on a new build.

To be fair to the dealer, I will have to let them get the compressor replaced, however, if it does not rectify the fault !!!

RAUNS January this year I picked up a new Audi RS4 within 3 weeks of ownership I had a paint problem Audi wanted to re-spray the front end of the car which I refused!! They told me that was my only option! I read the small print on their invoice which said if I wasn't happy with the car within 30 days of purchase I could return it for a car of similar value. I took it back and asked for another one Audi agreed I could have another one but said it would take 5 months to arrive as they would only give me a factory order car! I demanded a full refund and got it!! Might be worth taking a look at what they have on their forecourt and in group stock, make some enquires and mention you are considering returning the car! As Fletcher said 'hope it is just bad luck and not the shape of things to come' Cheers Laurence.

Post #462672 Fri May 22 2015 10:37pm
mcgroa

Any connection to the recall for wiring loom due to possible shorting issues at max cooling?

Post #462675 Sat May 23 2015 1:18am
TDV8AB

Sounds like it's linked to the wiring loom campaign.

I have just successfully rejected a lemon of a 3 month old Mercedes for a full refund + goodwill - if you aren't happy, you need to kick up a fuss and outline expectations. You will be able to exchange due to its age - most dealers have a 30 day policy. Additionally if you're financing the car, the agreements legally have a 'cooling off' period of at least 14 days.

Post #462677 Sat May 23 2015 7:08am
Ian J

United Kingdom 

RAUNS wrote:

I find it very hard to believe that it takes 10 days plus to get a replacement compressor, the car is built in the UK. The sales manager was going to get me an explanation, but as yet I have not heard a word.

The car may be built in the UK but that doesn't mean that the parts are also made here. One of my neighbours is an engineer working for JLR and he is responsible for overseeing the production of just one part of the car and he seems to spend most of his life in various factories in Eastern Europe

Post #462682 Sat May 23 2015 8:13am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

The cars are built just-in-time, with less than 4 hours stock on site. Parts are delivered to the station as they are used, and is an amazing logistical and scheduling triumph. Remember ILR are building four different models on the same line at the same time. This is why orders are locked down a month before build. With this in mind, getting a new part in 10 days doesn't seem so outrageous.

I also feel for your frustration, but is a faulty AC really enough to reject the car? And if you do, then what? 

Post #462683 Sat May 23 2015 8:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>