Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Y14 FNA Warranty discs, calipers,windscreen,
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

robbo770

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White
Y14 FNA Warranty discs, calipers,windscreen,

[list=]Shocked

well car in today for full discs all round to resolve the gattling gun effect on all four corners!!!!

also new fuel filler cap complete to stop the dribbling down the side of the car and also in for the required fuel tank anti Slosh as sick of hearing thud thud from the fuel moving about!!

all wheels to be re-balanced to aid clearance of the thuds on the 21" rims.

maybe get it back as the car should have been from the stealers 8 weeks ago!!

wait and see........

getting extra FBH Blip programmed, need the drivers rear boot side cover removed to get as fuse removed to get it to program!!

steering alignment and electric rack re-calibration so it dives in a straight line on a left camber instead of having to hold the wheel all the time..

maybe one day a car will be right on collection first time.... Razz[/list] None currently

Gone
rejected RRS autobi Dynamic MY14.5 (Peter Vardy 👎)
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Last edited by robbo770 on Sat Sep 12 2015 11:48am. Edited 7 times in total

Post #462241 Mon May 18 2015 8:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You'd think after all these years that LR and its dealers would finally get their acts together and deliver a quality product... Whistle

Some of the issues being raised by new owners are quite shocking in a vehicle that costs as much as the RRS2 does. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #462264 Mon May 18 2015 9:46pm
robbo770

AHHHHHRRGH!!

3 days in stealers,

so far under warranty to fix the beast!!

Complete new rear calipers and carriers, New rear discs and Pads as found Way out of warp limits

Complete new Drivers front caliper (2 pistons out of 6 seized!!) new Discs and pads as WAY out of warp limits

Fuel tank anti slosh TB fitted, second attempt with correct parts

Third attempt to get FBH Blip programmed so I have 3 in total, so far no one been able to resolve.......

several service bulletins later.....

New bulletin out for steering being heavy when driving in a straight line, change wheels over Shocked and re-calibrate the electric power steering to allow for camber normal effect.

fix dead spot at pull away that the Discovery 4 2014 - suffer from as same issues on a RRS2's

still car should be like new if a proper valet is performed before I get it back tomorrow.

estimate £8k in warranty in 12 weeks!!, driven for total of 7 days since buying by me Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

still NEXT will be the hassle free motoring I hope from tomorrow.......... None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #462339 Tue May 19 2015 4:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'd be handing that back and demanding my money back. With that list of issues Land Rover don't deserve your money! Shocked 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #462351 Tue May 19 2015 6:24pm
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

ok, stupid question time. what is FBH blip? and do i need it? is it free or standard on an autobiography?

i hope you get your car back soon.

Post #462356 Tue May 19 2015 6:40pm
robbo770

RRSTDV8 wrote:
I'd be handing that back and demanding my money back. With that list of issues Land Rover don't deserve your money! Shocked

this way as I have had full underside inspection on the ramp!! Shocked the car will be as it should have been, after all its a car and everything can be put right, work the system and the results can be amazing once correctly fixed.

this is nothing new, not the first time with LR either, but there is brands out there who certainly would not go the extra mile to address and fix it to the customer satisfaction.

this makes the difference, even if it doesn't get done quite to plan, better right than going back again and again, even though I have had to do this 3 times to get it resolved.

3 times back to get years of hassle free motoring is worth it in my book.

plus they know when you come in to be on there toes and get the top techs on the car to avoid issues. None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #462366 Tue May 19 2015 8:10pm
robbo770

eddkawasaki wrote:
ok, stupid question time. what is FBH blip? and do i need it? is it free or standard on an autobiography?

i hope you get your car back soon.

the blip is if you had factory fitted Remote fuel burner heat system installed.

it can have up to 4 blips programmed per car. Thumbs Up None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #462368 Tue May 19 2015 8:11pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Work being done at Vardy Aberdeen? 2022 P440e AB

Post #462375 Tue May 19 2015 9:03pm
robbo770

Yip getting fixed at Vardy Abz

Got whiz kid Barry head tech Alan and workshop Forman all on it.

Can't thank Darren service manager enough, although to be fair I have supplied most of the tech bulletins to get work done and told them what to check Laughing None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #462377 Tue May 19 2015 9:15pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Let us know how you get on.... I've moved on to Ogg's... Just tired with a few things...

but would be good to get some feedback. 2022 P440e AB

Post #462379 Tue May 19 2015 9:20pm
robbo770

The service side is okay, just need to get the boss on side

Sales leave a lot to be desired, down south dealers put them to shame by just opening a door for you👀😤😳

The reception girls try hard but the problem is else where currently.

That and they are selling it off the forecourt before they have even tried.

The new garage will hopefully improve things once built, but till then humm None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #462380 Tue May 19 2015 9:25pm
robbo770

Car back all fixed today finally,

All new bits fitted, washed and quick valet.....

this is where the garage could do better, the final finish before hand back always seems to fall short, and has the biggest let down, but even Darren handing the car over realised when he saw it and I think went and spoke to someone.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #462471 Wed May 20 2015 4:58pm
robbo770

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I don't believe this!!!!

got car back yesterday, put in garage.,

dropped wife off at work this morning , parked outside house till postman had been, he just been!!

go outside to go to shops

WINDSCREEN CRACKED FROM DRIVERS BOTTOM CORNER wtf!!!!!! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Phone call to dealers placed!! None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #462552 Thu May 21 2015 10:44am
robbo770

Well can't thank the Peter Vardy service manager Darren enough,

busy sourcing another temporary car!!, Glass is ordered on VOR and fitting company are being roped in to sort it tomorrow, and hopefully collect late afternoon!

What A complete nightmare,

and I go back to work for 5 weeks on Monday, I might get to drive it finally when I get home.

positive from all the warranty work on the way home yesterday got 39.9 MPH, way better than the 23-24 I wss getting before due to dragging running gear issues Laughing

here is hoping I get the call to drop it off asap!!

So now in an 64 plate Evoque very suprising car, it is a Dynamic but way better than the Discovery Sport I had the last 3 days

so now had all the cars in the range at some point.

FFRR excellent

RRS excellent obviously

Disco 4 2015 model still a strong motor with plenty of torque

Disco Sport very disappointing and hard ride with way too much engine noise from under the bonnet

Evoque very nimble and responsive motor, the new engine due in them apparently gives it even faster legs..

so get my car back Sat to just have a break from always being at the garage Shocked Laughing Laughing Rolling with laughter Bow down

Big Plus for Darren Mcdivitt the Service manager, working miracles this week in no small measure None currently

Gone
D3 XXV full conversion
4.2 SC FFRR
4.4 FFRR
Freelander 1

Post #462554 Thu May 21 2015 11:08am
trevleg

France 

I have had my discs replaced 4 times in 20000 miles on a 2014 RRS SDV8 autobiography dynamic with 12k option list. I waited 7 months for this car . the hubs bearings were changed twice but they have not changed the Calipers or the carriers yet it still vibrates under braking.
each time they fix it it goes again 3000 miles later. complete rubbish it's my 9 th RR and the worst one so far finish is average also leather dash covered badly trim poorly fitted on door engine and box are good but they are Ford and ZF I am so disappointed with this car it's untrue
I also own a Merc SL AMG great car and an Audi RS6 C7 sorry but another great car they cheer me up RRS brakes are crap LR tell me I drive too hard on the brakes rubbish only use the RRS on long runs Motorway driving. at my wits end considering burning it.

Post #462608 Fri May 22 2015 12:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>