RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RRS rubber mats useless.. I just bought these instead
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
RRS rubber mats useless.. I just bought these instead

The RRS rubber mats are so small... they don't extend up into the footwell so in a word they are not fit for purpose...

Square mats for a rectangular area.... bad bad design

My carpets are saturated and salt stained .. from snow off my timberlands around the pedal area despite kicking the excess

slush off before I get in

So I've bought these that look excellent ...if not a little pricey ... BUT will actually do the job they are designed to do. !!!

http://www.weathertecheurope.com/de/land-r...r%20Hooks/

2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Last edited by andman on Sat Jan 03 2015 9:22pm. Edited 4 times in total

Post #447262 Sat Jan 03 2015 12:17pm
Disco

United Kingdom 

I read some where that Land Rover were paranoid about the matts getting caught around the pedal area and that is why they are so short.

Post #447264 Sat Jan 03 2015 12:28pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

These ones won't they are semi rigid...

I dread to think of the the mess if you went off roading !!!

Blurb sound impressive ....

™ DigitalFit ®

The experienced designers MacNeil Automotive have in their quest to discover the best floor protection for vehicles, incessantly on the development of the so far most advanced floor protection from the series DigitalFit ® worked. The WeatherTech ® Floorliner ™ DigitalFit ® cover the floor completely accurate to the millimeter and offer Thus, "complete protection inside ™ ". The WeatherTech ® Floorliner ™ DigitalFit ® cover the floor on all sides from - rear, front and even on the sides. The measurements are taken with digital lasers to provide always best possible fit. Thanks to the patent-pending HDTE material (triple extruded material with high density) is the base stable and non-slip surface and yet pleasant. The advanced surface has grooves that guide liquids and dirt in a reservoir. Prevent grooves that strongly moves the liquid while driving. After the liquid was collected and clothes and shoes are out of danger, the liquid can quite easily from the WeatherTech ® Floorliner ™ DigitalFit ® over the door sill be removed from inside the vehicle. Foolproof! WeatherTech ® combines technology and all-weather protection! 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #447265 Sat Jan 03 2015 12:35pm
IRBails

Australia 

I am after these mats in RH Drive. Can't seem to find anyone in Australia selling. Can someone point me in the right direction ? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #540206 Sun Nov 05 2017 11:05am
IRBails

Australia 

Just decided to clean out the front rubber mats and noticed that the carpet is worn in the floor under the brake peddle. This is because the mat does not go forward enough to protect the carpet. I would like to find substitute mats for the factory rubber versions as these do not do the job well. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #540786 Mon Nov 13 2017 8:23pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Prompted by this thread, some of us bought these. LR Parts do send overseas including Australia but due to weight and distance the delivery cost may be too high (I have no idea). They are from BritPart and the part number is DA4823 ... see if you can find a local supplier.

I have swapped my carpet mats with this winter set again today. They are doing their 3rd winter and still in excellent condition. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Last edited by fkarim on Mon Nov 13 2017 10:13pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #540790 Mon Nov 13 2017 9:13pm
IRBails

Australia 

Thanks for that info I have sent them an e-mail will see how it goes. I just received my Red stuff brake pads from the UK and they were more competitive than the local market. So am hoping the same with the mats. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #540795 Mon Nov 13 2017 9:47pm
IRBails

Australia 

fkarim wrote:
Prompted by this thread, some of us bought these. LR Parts do send overseas including Australia but due to weight and distance the delivery cost may be too high (I have no idea). They are from BritPart and the part number is DA4823 ... see if you can find a local supplier.

I have swapped my carpet mats with this winter set again today. They are doing their 3rd winter and still in excellent condition.

Contacted and they will ship to Australia, just waiting on a quote. The WeatherTech mats are not imported by the firm that says they are the local distributor. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #540879 Tue Nov 14 2017 8:59pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #540901 Tue Nov 14 2017 10:58pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

fkarim , what is the quality and fit of these like and are you happy with them? better than the LR ones?

Thanks fkarim. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #540920 Wed Nov 15 2017 10:41am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

The quality is very good ... like I said, I have just put these back in the car for their 3rd winter. I used them for about 6 months each of the last 2 years so they have seen a decent amount of use. This includes use during 2 LRE West Country Trec days where they got really muddy which means they protected the interior well. I haven't used rubber LR mats (only got the carpet ones) so can't compare but the main difference is that the driver side mat from LR is too short and ends well before the pedals and left foot rest. This one covers the foot rest and goes fairly high under the pedals offering much better protection. Rigid and heavy enough not to lift/move on its own and interfere with the brake and accelerator pedals, which I believe is the reason why LR makes a smaller mat for the driver side.

Fit-wise, these are tailored for L494 and have holes in the right places to utilise the clips in the floor on all 4 sides. Only when I look closely, I can see a tiny gap between the rear corners of the rear mat and the car's floor where the floor curves up under the rear seat but honestly this is a non-issue. The LR ones might do the same thing but again I haven't used them so don't know. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #540938 Wed Nov 15 2017 2:19pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Many Thanks fkarim.... Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #540939 Wed Nov 15 2017 2:45pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue
Re: RRS rubber mats useless.. I just bought these instead

andman wrote:
The RRS rubber mats are so small... they don't extend up into the footwell so in a word they are not fit for purpose...

Square mats for a rectangular area.... bad bad design

My carpets are saturated and salt stained .. from snow off my timberlands around the pedal area despite kicking the excess

slush off before I get in

So I've bought these that look excellent ...if not a little pricey ... BUT will actually do the job they are designed to do. !!!

http://www.weathertecheurope.com/de/land-r...r%20Hooks/

got weathertech too.excellent
 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #540951 Wed Nov 15 2017 4:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Do they do them for Right hand drive ?

Post #540966 Wed Nov 15 2017 6:17pm
iforland

United Kingdom 

I have a set of these in my 09 RRS TDV8 RHD, they fit great....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Range...SwUchaAa-x

Post #540977 Wed Nov 15 2017 7:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>