RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Sound System
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

Robbiemyboy

Australia 
Sound System

My vehicle is fitted with a single cd player. It has the following modes, AM FM, CD and Aux. There does not appear to be an Aux socket behind the centre console. Can one be added? Also do you know if the system will play MP3 files on a CD? We're all Jock Tamsons Bairns

Post #56403 Wed Sep 20 2006 2:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lateral5

Australia 

I'd be interested in knowing that as well.....particularly in relation to using an Ipod via AUX Smile RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #56405 Wed Sep 20 2006 4:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRS-Couver

Canada 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

My Sport has the aux input in the back of the centre console next to the rear seat power point. Yours ought to as well. Watch out when switching sources though as you'll likely have the volume turned higher when using the auxiliary input. When you switch to another mode it can be deafening! 2006 RANGE ROVER SPORT, 4.4 V8, Buckingham Blue, Ivory, 20" SC Wheels, Yokohama Advan STs, Cherry Trim, Console Cooler, Privacy Glass, Bluetooth. It was love at first sight!

Post #56406 Wed Sep 20 2006 5:25am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Robbie...don't know how long you've had your RRS, but that AUX jack is located beneath a small plastic flap that covers both the AUX jack and a 12v. outlet. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious and embarrass myself, but I've been there...

The i-Pod works very well through the jack but you'll need a proper male-to-male cable to connect it. At first I used one that came with my Creative Labs speakers, then bought a longer one on eBay. Just as you would when connecting the i-Pod to a home sound system, make sure you turn up the i-Pod's volume all the way when it is connected to the RRS, then adjust the volume using the car's controls.

RRS-couver - what part of the city you live in? I love Vancouver and go there mountain biking every year. It's the Chilcotins and Spruce Lake next summer though Very Happy Very Happy 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #56410 Wed Sep 20 2006 6:03am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Beware of the volume difference though, if you have a route set in the Satnav or you have your phone connected via PTI your ears will bleed Wink

Belkin do a very handy line out "amp" and charger which means you can listen to your iPod at "normal" volume levels and charge it whilst on the move. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #56423 Wed Sep 20 2006 8:43am
Lateral5

Australia 

Singletrack wrote:
..that AUX jack is located beneath a small plastic flap that covers both the AUX jack and a 12v. outlet. Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks guys, but a big negative on that search.....all I found was a few more poorly fitting plastic panels and a bunch of muffin crumbs beneath the drivers seat...think a stern word to Mrs L5 is required!

Robbie, think you only get the Aux plug if you get HI ICE / PREMIUM ICE or if you buy the V8 or S/C. No cigar for the cheap arse base model that we have Sad . No doubt the wiring is in there somewhere, so could probably get one fitted. RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #56433 Wed Sep 20 2006 9:19am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Not sure about your specific head unit - but my Logic 7 definately plays MP3's recorded onto a CD Very Happy 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #56438 Wed Sep 20 2006 9:23am
PaulB

England 

I think the socket is only fitted with either the Premium or Logic 7 systems. If your RRS is an S model, I'm pretty certain it wont have it.

Sorry.

Paul

Post #56909 Wed Sep 20 2006 9:46pm
Driller

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Hey L5,
run a search on the D3 website for ipod inputs, some of the lads over there have managed to rewire the DVD power source to run it through the dash to connect an ipod. I imagine the wiring in the Sport wouldn't be too much different?! If you're not keen, the Griffin Itrip isn't too bad, just make sure you use a charger as well, the extra bit of power makes a huge difference to the strength of the frequency Wink

Post #56952 Thu Sep 21 2006 12:39am
Compuway

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Robin, mine is the same as yours mate, single CD (how many CD's can you listen to at once anyway?). You only get the AUX jack inputs and lighter socket with the Premium or Logic 7 Audio. I have the same little plastic slot as L5 although mine didn't come with any muffin crumbs. Wink

What I did have though last weekend under the drivers seat was a bottle of red wine (minus the bottle). Sad Like an idiot I put it on the back seat going out for dinner, stopped at some traffic lights and smash. Embarassed (Damn those Brembo's are good) The dealer gave it a good detail and the smell has finally started to fade. No officer I haven't been drinking !!

As Driller has said, Itrip or Belkin frequency transmitters are the way to go if you want to use your iPod or iRiver etc.

Cheers...Wayne 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.
1988 RR Highline, 3.5 EFI Arctic White, ARB Bullbar, Roof Rails, 15" Alloys, Front and Rear light Grilles, Side steps. (Still going strong)

Post #56955 Thu Sep 21 2006 1:49am
Lateral5

Australia 

Compuway wrote:
As Driller has said, Itrip or Belkin frequency transmitters are the way to go if you want to use your iPod or iRiver etc.

Yep, bought the ITrip with the IPod and it is pretty good, but you do get a bit of freq drift. I think the direct connection will improve the sound quality. Will try and get a wiring diagram and a drill Razz to find the aux input wire. RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #56959 Thu Sep 21 2006 4:25am
Robbiemyboy

Australia 

Well i've got my car and am stoked! This is what i'm going to do. The dealer advised me that he can fit the aux input socket behind the centre console for $200.00. Seems like the way to go. I am going to fit a tom tom GPS sytem hardwired into the car. This provides me with GPS AND bluetooth hands free kit. The total cost fitted in Brisbane is $1000.00. I'll use an ipod inside the centre cosole or wherever and wire it back to aux inlet. The CD player also plays Mp3 files so i can get about 100 tracks on a single disc. Problem sorted. If i wnet for the LT genuine kit (which i'll concede is better) and the Sat Nav it would cost about 9K, Plus other than not being able to store 6 disc's in the machine itself, i still get the hi Ice system features. Surprised We're all Jock Tamsons Bairns

Post #57525 Sat Sep 23 2006 2:46am
Compuway

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Good work mate. Did you pick your car up Friday. Congrats. Post some pictures as soon as you can.

I would be interested in the details of the TOM TOM as I was also considering this as well. I have looked at a number of different models but it is bloody confusing.

Cheers....Wayne 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.
1988 RR Highline, 3.5 EFI Arctic White, ARB Bullbar, Roof Rails, 15" Alloys, Front and Rear light Grilles, Side steps. (Still going strong)

Post #57580 Sun Sep 24 2006 9:32am
Lateral5

Australia 

Robbiemyboy wrote:
The dealer advised me that he can fit the aux input socket behind the centre console for $200.00.

Hey Robbie, well done!....does the dealer do this work or farm it out to an auto electrician? RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #57581 Sun Sep 24 2006 10:27am
Robbiemyboy

Australia 

No mate the dealer does it, but it cost $300.00. Embarassed The Tom Tom gets fitted tomorrow by the dealer recommended subbie. Advanced Radio in Brisbane. They have worked on both D3 and RRSports. The compromise with an after market phone kit (Blue Tooth) is that any system WONT mute the Radio when the phone rings. Its a nuisance but i'm happy to cop this rather than a few more G's Smile The other advantage of an after market phone kit is that most available system will accept any Blue Tooth phone rather than just a few as with the genuine Land Rover Kit. I'll let you know how it all works tomorrow once i get the car back. We're all Jock Tamsons Bairns

Post #57711 Mon Sep 25 2006 10:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>