RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Sound System
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

ddazzler

Australia 

Ditto for my "missing" power socket. Does anyone know how to get into the back of the console? Gave my auto electrician a look last week and he gave up quickly (don't think he wanted to risk the damage - and he was already worn out from fitting the tow pack wiring harness!!). I assume the wiring is behind there so shoudln't be hard to fit a socket if I can get in there.

Post #59716 Tue Oct 03 2006 11:16am
Lateral5

Australia 

Daz, best way is to let the dealer do it! The panel with the power and Aux socket is just over $100 fitted. At least if they stuff up something, they will fix it. According to my dealer, the later model cars should have the harness in behind the console. RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #59725 Tue Oct 03 2006 12:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ddazzler

Australia 

Sounds like good advice. Have you been talking to my wife Wink

Post #59729 Tue Oct 03 2006 12:26pm
Lateral5

Australia 

Laughing

I actually contemplated doing it myself for a minute and then just laughed at myself and told my dealer to book my car in.....

The only silly thing about the LR fitted one is that it is on the back of the console, which means you need to run the adapter into the console for the iPod.....uuuuugly! RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #59734 Tue Oct 03 2006 1:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbiemyboy

Australia 

Well after my reply from the chick at LRA, i thought i'd be sweet to get the power socket fitted. But no way. LRA point blank refused, despite their letter confirming it should be there and the fact the manual says so too. They suggested i see the dealer. I was happy to pay the [b$300] from the stealer for the Aux inlet if they fitted the power outlet. Makes no difference though. They said the vehcile was correclty spec'd, that maybe true but why wasnt i told what the "spec" was? I'll ask the dealer anyway but i dont hold them responsible, i reckon LRA are at fault.[/b] We're all Jock Tamsons Bairns

Post #60683 Fri Oct 06 2006 10:36am
Lateral5

Australia 

shmoogle wrote:
Belkin do a very handy line out "amp" and charger which means you can listen to your iPod at "normal" volume levels and charge it whilst on the move.

Hey schmoogle, how does this Belkin kit work? I was just reading about it on the Belkin site:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage..._Id=253331

But I don't quite follow if you need he FM transmitter as well or the cassette adapter? Does it just let you plug into your Aux input? A little confused Confused [/url] RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #60996 Sat Oct 07 2006 9:35am
Driller

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Lateral,
the belkien unit is an amp plus charger which plugs into your 12 volt socket. It has an output for a 3.5 mm stereo lead which, if you have the jack on the back of the console, plugs straight in next to the belkien unit. Everything is then out of the way, in terms of looking from the drivers seat at least Wink

Post #61001 Sat Oct 07 2006 11:27am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Yes, L5... sorry for the delayed reply, but.... what Driller said Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #61204 Mon Oct 09 2006 6:17pm
Lateral5

Australia 

Beauty, pick my car up tomorrow, complete with Aux input and........ a new steering rack Shocked . Appears the steering squeak and the vibration are due to the rack......we'll see Confused

You can get the Belkin at DSE for about 40 bucks, so I'll be down there on Sat! RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #61773 Thu Oct 12 2006 12:42pm
Lateral5

Australia 

Driller wrote:
Lateral,
the belkien unit is an amp plus charger which plugs into your 12 volt socket. It has an output for a 3.5 mm stereo lead which, if you have the jack on the back of the console, plugs straight in next to the belkien unit. Everything is then out of the way, in terms of looking from the drivers seat at least Wink

Well had the Aux fitted, plugged the Ipod in and...................silence Crying or Very sad

Does anyone know if you need an amp or anything special to run an iPod through the Aux jack? I actually didn't get the Belkin and though I'd be smart and buy a need cradle, 3.5mm jack and charger....perhaps that was wrong? I took the car to LR dealer and they tried it in another car and it worked, but I think it had HI ICE system and probably a pre-amp on the aux jack?

Any advice? RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #62129 Sat Oct 14 2006 9:22am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Hmm, you realise the AUX port operates at a much lower volume than the rest of the ICE? You have to turn the volume up about another 4 or 5 notches to get the equivalent volume....

I'm assuming they tested it when they retrofitted it? Confused 

Post #62183 Sat Oct 14 2006 10:55pm
Lateral5

Australia 

shmoogle wrote:
Hmm, you realise the AUX port operates at a much lower volume than the rest of the ICE? You have to turn the volume up about another 4 or 5 notches to get the equivalent volume....

I'm assuming they tested it when they retrofitted it? Confused

Banging Head no shmoog, I would think that would be a logical thing to do, but given other work I have had done, it appears testing is not part of their strategy! Rolling Eyes

I had the volume up at 35 and all I could hear was an electronic galloping sound, which leads me to think something is amiss.....pretty much like the rest of the car really.

I took it back to the dealer and we tried it in another car and it worked.Had to crank the volume up a bit, but you could definitely hear it no problem. RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #62200 Sun Oct 15 2006 1:21am
Lateral5

Australia 

Ok, looks like it is a head unit software issue. Not all models have the rear Aux input and therefore probably not the software in the head unit to support it. Mad

Dealer is talking to LR as we speak. RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #62297 Mon Oct 16 2006 6:21am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

That would explain it - keep us posted with the outcome! Very Happy 

Post #62300 Mon Oct 16 2006 8:39am
Lateral5

Australia 

shmoogle wrote:
That would explain it - keep us posted with the outcome! Very Happy

Garv reminded me!

No go on the base model (ie S, those without Hi ICE, Premium etc). After back and forth with LR, basically the rear Aux will not work (despite having connections there). Think an amp is required....all too difficult. Anyway, found another mob that will wire directly into head unit and can have my choice of connector in console or glovebox.

Even better, the guy showed me the Fujitsu Eclipse AVN6000. What a ripper and the guys at this joint have fitted one or two to the RRS in the standard radio panel....looked great and very professional. http://www.eclipse-web.com.au/ . It has DVD, CD, MP3, iPod, Sat Nav, AM/FM. Only catch was it is $A4500 installed Shocked . Not too bad though compared to the $6500 for the standard LR sat nav. RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #64363 Tue Oct 31 2006 9:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>