RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New guy here looking for owners advise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Si-B8-85

England 
New guy here looking for owners advise

Hi I joined the forum as I am looking to buy a Range Rover sport but I'm in a bit of a predicament on which one, my current car is a Audi A4 B8 with a few mods, anyway it's about as practical to me as a shopping trolley, due to my hobbies which are game shooting and mountain biking, I live in the Pennines so also find it hard in a low car but I've never had a car as I've always had 4x4 of some description mainly Land Rovers, anyway what I want to know is the pros and cons of the TDV8 HSE & the TDV6 HSE, my old man had the V8 and it was a pleasure to drive after it had a remap as it had quite bad lag on set off at junctions before, but what are real life fuel averages of both and also the price of tax on both and any faults really that I may want to know about? I haven't ever drove the V6 but as said I loved the V8 sound & the way it pulled. TIA

Post #438518 Sat Oct 04 2014 7:15pm
Si-B8-85

England 

Sorry also just to add for some reason the V8 is cheaper on insurance for me not sure why :/ my previous land rovers were 3 freelanders, a discovery and a defender, as said my old man has the RRS V8 and my mum has the Disco 4 HSE in the Bronze colour which is a bit different, anyway I will be looking for one around 2007-8 with as low mileage as my finances will allow which at the minute seems to be around 70k (miles) not pounds lol does either one have a DPF also? Cheers

Post #438519 Sat Oct 04 2014 7:38pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi Si,
Welcome to the site. Thumbs Up Sorry i can't help you out with a sport Sad but the models you are looking at don't come with a DPF. Very Happy They only started putting them on the 3.0L engine IIRC about 2010 onwards. Hope you find the perfect motor, there has been a few very good examples for sale on here recently, just keep your eye on the For Sale ads unless you prefer to buy from a dealer. What i would advise is make sure you get a decent warranty with or for the vehicle. Wink

Post #438525 Sat Oct 04 2014 8:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Si-B8-85

England 

Thanks for the reply Ady that's good to know as the dpf was a real bug bare of mine on the B8 it just had to go lol as for warranty are you saying I'll need it Big Cry haha I know about the suspension knock fault but I'm hoping there isn't any other major ones, I'm swaying towards the tdv6 2.7 now due to the fuel economy and the road tax, I'm a typical yorkshire man you see Wink also the 2.7 being 187bhp unsure on torque figures but with a good remap I was thinking would quite easily achieve 235-240bhp which isn't too far from the V8

Post #438527 Sat Oct 04 2014 8:31pm
BKHK

Australia 

Si b8

Spend a bit more time reading on here. There is plenty to go wrong on an RRS some of which can make it cactus (engine in 2.7 or turbos in TDV8. There are often 1 or 2 for sale on here, there is a one owner in silver with a conversion to the latest look and quite low miles for 17.5k quid. They have often been loved more than one which is unknown.

Don't know your budget so hard to advise. Good luck.

Post #438560 Sun Oct 05 2014 1:27am
Si-B8-85

England 

Thanks for the reply BKHK so the engine is the one to look out for on the 2.7 wow that's a big worry then compared to a turbo on a V8, I really can't decide on a 2.7 or a 3.6 as said the V8 pulls better and sounds better but costs more to buy and more to run so I'm wondering if it is really worth it and if the 2.7 will be just as nice to drive once it's had a decent map, I am one who can't leave things alone either so even if I were to buy the supercharged it would still have a remap and some kind of pulley upgrade for more power :/ at the minute my budget is only around 16,500 - 17,500 so I need to get the right one really, I was looking at disco 3s but after driving the disco 4 the 3 felt some what old fashioned so that got me looking in to the RRS which I know I like and as said will do what I need of it, which is take me shooting and throw the dogs in the back which in the Audi I can't do Big Cry also get the bikes either on the back or in the back also I have a little girl who we take out quite a lot so we are wanting to go camping etc etc and the audi is just useless for all that so I need gone really Smile will add a pic of the car so you know what I mean about can't help but mess with things.

Post #438563 Sun Oct 05 2014 7:18am
Si-B8-85

England 

Post #438564 Sun Oct 05 2014 7:21am
BKHK

Australia 

Its not common, but it CAN happen. TopGear Towers a few threads below has one at your price range and it looks good! Have a look in the for sale section.

Post #438567 Sun Oct 05 2014 7:57am
Si-B8-85

England 

Will do thank you Thumbs Up

Post #438568 Sun Oct 05 2014 7:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1