RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Yes or No.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345

myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

Was that a good result or a bad one for you chaps?

Wink

Post #437046 Fri Sep 19 2014 9:38am
BKHK

Australia 

Being of Scots Irish heritage, I would have voted yes and hoped for a resounding yes.

But now that Scotland has voted to remain with England, Wales and NI, its time to bite the bullet and just re name the whole country England. What was previously Scotland can now just be Northern England, Wales can be Western England. The current Midlands will now be in the South benefiting house prices. The previous Northern England will become the Midlands.

One Parliament, one Government, one set of rules. Much simpler for everyone. It seems silly for such a little land mass to have so many quasi countries in it. Isn't that what you have just voted for? Rolling with laughter

Post #437047 Fri Sep 19 2014 10:04am
mad-dafty

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

myfirstrrs wrote:
Was that a good result or a bad one for you chaps?

Wink

Oh an absolutely stunning result for the NO voters......More of having the renowned leader of men and all round good egg that is David Cameron looking after Scotland's interests in the UK........and when his term comes to an end?......Well they will have Mr Milliband taking the reigns....That other world renowned leader of men and political statesman. Yup everything is just tickity-boo for NO voters this fine morning....just tickity-boo.

As for me?.....Fk'n gutted mate! Mr. Green 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 Autobiography - Stornoway Grey
2006 RRS TDV6 2.7 HSE -Java Black
2008 BMW 3 Series 2.l
2006 BMW 5 series 2.l

Post #437054 Fri Sep 19 2014 12:46pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I was surprised by the size of the majority. I expected it to be something like 49/51 either way.

Hopefully the whole episode will result in UK politics as a whole being put through the wash. It looks like we'll get more individual powers for each part of the UK. This is probably a good thing although let's hope it doesn't lead to division.

What has been most interesting in the Scottish question is how it parallels the UK's view of the EU. Take "Scotland" and "Westminster" out and replace with "United Kingdom" and "EU" and suddenly it makes a lot more sense to a lot more people on both sides. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #437081 Fri Sep 19 2014 4:29pm
W33 RRS

Scotland 

I have a terrible feeling that everyone that voted No for the devo max promise is going to be severely disappointed and regret their decision! Really really hope I am proved wrong though!

So proud of the 1.6million that decided enough was enough and instead of moaning and doing nothing, stood up for the country! Still can't get over everyone called the ex prime minister a hero!!! He was incharge of the Censored UK if he really cared and really wanted change then he would have done it! He will soon be dumped again by the Labour Party anyway Rolling Eyes

Post #437082 Fri Sep 19 2014 4:31pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

BKHK wrote:
If I had a vote, it would be yes for independence. If we voted again here for a republic, my vote would be yes.

surprised you are not clamouring for devolution of Surrey BK from the greater unwashed areas of the UK Laughing Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #437121 Sat Sep 20 2014 1:05am
BKHK

Australia 

Only lived in Surrey for a while as a kid then shipped off to boarding school. I then lived in Scotland, Norfolk before moving here 21 years ago.

I don't really care much about the UK now. Last time I went back in 2013, I felt like a foreigner, so I blended in with all the other foreigners! Laughing

Post #437128 Sat Sep 20 2014 8:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345