RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Yes or No.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

W33 RRS

Scotland 

Iv been a yes voter from the start, and people are always telling me the same things:

- we will lose all our free stuff! Education, prescriptions etc
- we won't get into the EU
- we will be bankrupt and don't have enough money, how will be survive without handouts!

Well we are going to lose our 'free stuff' staying as part of the UK, the government will continue with their privatisation and this will not stop at the border! So either way there is a chance we will lose it but at least with independence we can try to maintain it.
The UK is not going to be in the EU much longer with UKIP gaining more an more power, and if everyone in Scotland voted no to leaving the EU, it would make little difference as there are more people in London than Scotland so we basically don't have any effect.
And honestly if Westminster gives Scotland so much money then ask yourself why is the David Cameron so desperate to keep us? Surely a financial drain would be better cut off? Scotland is not subsidised and has plenty or resources to become very successful.

I also have to add, I was taught in primary school that oil is going to run out, so this should surely not be news to anyone and is only a bonus for Scotland. But does this mean if we get independence and become a country with oil and nuclear weapons, England is going to invade us and try to start a war? Laughing

Post #436761 Tue Sep 16 2014 8:54pm
Danny.H

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Seen this today, I like very much Smile

Click image to enlarge
 2007 RRS 2.7 HSE - Java Black

Post #436764 Tue Sep 16 2014 9:14pm
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

mad-dafty wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
What I don't like is the "No" politicians promising the Scots all sorts of nice things to vote "no". Those nice things will come at the expense of the English, Welsh and Northern Irish.

Once Scotland is independent and thinks it's going to spend all of the oil money, Shetland and Orkney will both be claiming independence from Scotland. There have already been people making noises about this happening. They have lots of the oil in their waters as I understand it. Then Mr Salmond will find the cupboard is once again empty.

We've already seen big business and the markets showing displeasure at the thought of Scotland on its own. Salmond makes lots of noise about how the pound is his to use etc. The fact of the matter is that he will have no control over it. If it suits the UK to put up interest rates, for example, then he will have to live with it. There will not be a currency union - no matter how much he blusters. The subs can be based on the south coast of England if need be so he has little to bargain with there. The oil revenue is nice but you can't run the entire country on it. He will need to join the EU as a new country, no piggy-back ride on the UK's coat tails there. Defence? Well, all of the kit is owned by the UK so he'll have to buy stuff if he wants it - after all, he says that unless he gets his own way he won't cover the Scottish % of the UK debt. Fine, we'll take all of our toys and our defence spending away too then, thanks. No new warship contracts for your shipyards Mr Salmond. The UK can build them in yards south of the wall.

I'm bored with the whole sorry issue and I've had too much of the noisome little man Salmond and his equally unpleasant friends in the SNP front bench. So I say:
"Stand not upon the order of your going, but go at once!"
(Ok, so I borrowed that from the bard - it's an apposite quote, I'm sure you'll agree)

I feel sorry for the Scots who have to live with the result of a "yes" vote.

Don't feel sorry for this Scot mate.....A YES result will do me nicely. Feel sorry for Cameron and those other two losers Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg having to travel back down the road with their tails between there legs after all their grovelling and begging....It was pitiful to witness. Personally I think many people in England are jealous of the fact that Scotland has a chance to disown the shambles that is the British parliament and the clowns who make decisions there.

Do you still want to take advantage of the british NHS. If it is a Yes vote every thing british should stop. No more british banks in Scotland,And move all british companies to south of the border and let the English take the jobs.Do you think the new Scotish Government will be any different from any that we have already had. They all make a hash of it, and so will your new government. were all in it together Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter PPS are you going to charge our Queen rent for Balmoral? itisme

Post #436796 Wed Sep 17 2014 9:56am
mad-dafty

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Do you still want to take advantage of the british NHS.

Considering my wife and I have contributed toward it for over forty years....yes. It's as much Scotlands as anyone else's.

If it is a Yes vote every thing british should stop. No more british banks in Scotland

There will certainly be no more food banks in Scotland after a YES vote.......that is for sure.

Do you think the new Scotish Government will be any different from any that we have already had. They all make a hash of it, and so will your new government.

Well it will be different for the people of Scotland because for once we will actually get the party we vote for in power for a change. We will run our own finances and be masters of our own destiny. Sure our governments will make a hash of things, no one gets things right all of the time......but they will be our own mistakes, no one elses.

are you going to charge our Queen rent for Balmoral?

Certainly!.............back-dated of course. Mr. Green 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 Autobiography - Stornoway Grey
2006 RRS TDV6 2.7 HSE -Java Black
2008 BMW 3 Series 2.l
2006 BMW 5 series 2.l

Post #436835 Wed Sep 17 2014 3:49pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

^^^ I thought you'd had your own MPs in Holyrood for about a decade.

Post #436862 Wed Sep 17 2014 5:52pm
W33 RRS

Scotland 

harrygh60 wrote:
Do you still want to take advantage of the british NHS. If it is a Yes vote every thing british should stop. No more british banks in Scotland,And move all british companies to south of the border and let the English take the jobs.Do you think the new Scotish Government will be any different from any that we have already had. They all make a hash of it, and so will your new government. were all in it together Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter PPS are you going to charge our Queen rent for Balmoral?

I love your everything British should stop remark! Rolling with laughter that's a spoilt brat attitude, if the whole of the uk built it then they are all entitled to use it. Are you going to put a complete ban of any Aberdeen Angus meat, Scottish wool, Scottish whiskey, Scottish gas and most importantly Scottish water from your life in the event of a yes vote? Might just add
Sir Alexander Fleming Discovered penicillin, he was Scottish so that will have to go on your list of things to ban from England too! Rolling Eyes

Also let the English people take the jobs is also hilarious, the country is very diverse and what you need is
qualified and experienced people carrying out work not people that are born in one country. Thumbs Up

This isn't a fight being Scotland and England, it's scotland leaving the UK (England AND Wales AND Northern Ireland) it annoys me so much have England have managed to make it all about them

Post #436866 Wed Sep 17 2014 6:41pm
mad-dafty

drdelrrs wrote:
^^^ I thought you'd had your own MPs in Holyrood for about a decade.

Yes you are correct of course. After the YES victory is announced on Friday they will be trrooping of to the dentist where they will finally be fitted with teeth. Thumbs Up 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 Autobiography - Stornoway Grey
2008 BMW 3 Series 2.l
2006 BMW 5 series 2.l

Post #436874 Wed Sep 17 2014 8:17pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

W33 RRS wrote:

This isn't a fight being Scotland and England, it's scotland leaving the UK (England AND Wales AND Northern Ireland) it annoys me so much have England have managed to make it all about them

Well, England does make up about 84% of the current UK population (and about 92% of "rUK") so it's a fair point that "between Scotland and UK" is close to "between Scotland and England".

England 53,012,456 83.9%
Scotland 5,295,000 8.4%
Wales 3,063,456 4.8%
Northern Ireland 1,810,863 2.9%
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_Kingdom

I'm still of the opinion that a split of the Union should be voted on by all of the Union (Scotland and England - the two countries that created the Union). It's entirely more likely that Salmond would have his way if that were the case. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #436896 Wed Sep 17 2014 9:44pm
harrygh60

W33 RRS wrote:
harrygh60 wrote:
Do you still want to take advantage of the british NHS. If it is a Yes vote every thing british should stop. No more british banks in Scotland,And move all british companies to south of the border and let the English take the jobs.Do you think the new Scotish Government will be any different from any that we have already had. They all make a hash of it, and so will your new government. were all in it together Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter PPS are you going to charge our Queen rent for Balmoral?

I love your everything British should stop remark! Rolling with laughter that's a spoilt brat attitude, if the whole of the uk built it then they are all entitled to use it. Are you going to put a complete ban of any Aberdeen Angus meat, Scottish wool, Scottish whiskey, Scottish gas and most importantly Scottish water from your life in the event of a yes vote? Might just add
Sir Alexander Fleming Discovered penicillin, he was Scottish so that will have to go on your list of things to ban from England too! Rolling Eyes

Also let the English people take the jobs is also hilarious, the country is very diverse and what you need is
qualified and experienced people carrying out work not people that are born in one country. Thumbs Up

No they wuld not be banned, they would be imported to what is left of the UK,and paid for as before. Those that have paid into to NHS should be entitled to treatment. But that would create problems,they would have to travel across the border to a NHS hospital. There could not be a NHS hospital in a Country that is not a part of the UK. That would be like setting up a NHS hospital in Spain for all the British Nationals to get their treatment that they had paid into during their working life. We will have to wait and see tomorrow. Will we see Hadrians wall being built higher? itisme

Post #436925 Thu Sep 18 2014 8:55am
mad-dafty

Waken up mate.....everyman and his dog British national or not have been helping themselves to NHS services. We have people flying in from Pakistan and elsewhere staying here for a month or so getting free treatment and then Censored off back home. The only walls that need building are ones along the coast of Dover.....high ones at that! 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 Autobiography - Stornoway Grey
2008 BMW 3 Series 2.l
2006 BMW 5 series 2.l

Post #436928 Thu Sep 18 2014 9:40am
Danny.H

May your vote today be for your hopes and dreams and not your fears Smile 2007 RRS 2.7 HSE - Java Black

Post #436937 Thu Sep 18 2014 11:09am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152...mp;theater

Post #436938 Thu Sep 18 2014 11:15am
Danny.H

Spot on Martin Thumbs Up that's going on twitter. 2007 RRS 2.7 HSE - Java Black

Post #436939 Thu Sep 18 2014 11:37am
harrygh60

mad-dafty wrote:
Waken up mate.....everyman and his dog British national or not have been helping themselves to NHS services. We have people flying in from Pakistan and elsewhere staying here for a month or so getting free treatment and then Censored off back home. The only walls that need building are ones along the coast of Dover.....high ones at that!
Well we finally agree on something itisme

Post #436941 Thu Sep 18 2014 11:57am
mad-dafty

Danny.H wrote:
May your vote today be for your hopes and dreams and not your fears Smile

Thumbs Up 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 Autobiography - Stornoway Grey
2008 BMW 3 Series 2.l
2006 BMW 5 series 2.l

Post #436972 Thu Sep 18 2014 4:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top