RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SVR Ordered!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 23 of 32 <123 ... 222324 ... 303132>

Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Good you like the car Sally. Haven't driven mine for over a month and it will be a while yet before I do because I am in Italy and came down in something else. Quite severe withdrawal symptoms.

I thought I would hate the Eco mode but it works better than I expected and is less intrusive than I thought it would be. I expect it ranks alongside the ultra low viscosity oil in trying to improve the economy. Given it's a disaster from that point of view (though not in my book), I suppose every little helps. I do agree the logic of the button seems bizarre. I think there is some type approval requirement that it defaults on "active" when the engine is switched on. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #461958 Thu May 14 2015 6:16pm
sally

United Kingdom 

Has anyone noticed that when using the paddle shift and letting the car down change on its own, even when you stop it pulls away in 2nd not 1st?

You can select 1st manually by choice if you want. Does 1st maybe work when low range is engaged?

I havent driven much in 'Sport' and 'paddle shift' together but that gear change is seamless. My Husband is so excited when i let him drive, Im so glad he loves this car. Having spent so much money and him to hate it would make my life difficult!!

Happy Husband, Happy Life! 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #461980 Fri May 15 2015 9:10am
sally

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:
Good you like the car Sally. Haven't driven mine for over a month and it will be a while yet before I do because I am in Italy and came down in something else. Quite severe withdrawal symptoms.

I thought I would hate the Eco mode but it works better than I expected and is less intrusive than I thought it would be. I expect it ranks alongside the ultra low viscosity oil in trying to improve the economy. Given it's a disaster from that point of view (though not in my book), I suppose every little helps. I do agree the logic of the button seems bizarre. I think there is some type approval requirement that it defaults on "active" when the engine is switched on.

It will be like waiting for delivery all over again, And falling in love all over again, and smiling like a child all over again! 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #461981 Fri May 15 2015 9:12am
Hedders007

Hi all,

Please can you clarify one point for me as my car does not arrive till September - I hope!

When the Auto Stop-Start is selected off, is there then a permanent message or light on the instrument TFT, or does it just appear for a short time to advise and then disappear?

Many thanks,

H

Post #461987 Fri May 15 2015 10:30am
sally

United Kingdom 

When the stop/start is off, its shows a symbol on the dash - (its small, can take a picture if you want)

When the stop/start is engaged there is nothing on the dash unless you turn it from 'off' to 'on' it flashes up thats its active then goes out. 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #461988 Fri May 15 2015 10:52am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

sally wrote:
Has anyone noticed that when using the paddle shift and letting the car down change on its own, even when you stop it pulls away in 2nd not 1st?

You can select 1st manually by choice if you want. Does 1st maybe work when low range is engaged?

I havent driven much in 'Sport' and 'paddle shift' together but that gear change is seamless. My Husband is so excited when i let him drive, Im so glad he loves this car. Having spent so much money and him to hate it would make my life difficult!!

Happy Husband, Happy Life!

Happy times.

I think all Sports do this. In auto, the car selects first gear only if it is stationary or believes it will be stationary. You could just about feel the gear change to 1st in my old Sport when stopped. In paddle shift mode the car will try and keep the gear you select but will change down if going too slow. As the car can happily pull away in 2nd gear it will not change down to 1st. Oh, and I believe in Sport mode the car (SVR at least) will not change up in paddle mode even if you hit the rev limit. 

Post #462008 Fri May 15 2015 3:57pm
Hedders007

sally wrote:
When the stop/start is off, its shows a symbol on the dash - (its small, can take a picture if you want)

When the stop/start is engaged there is nothing on the dash unless you turn it from 'off' to 'on' it flashes up thats its active then goes out.

Thanks Sally,

So when the system is manually turned off, there is a PERMENENT reminder on the dash......

Many thanks,

H.

Post #462029 Fri May 15 2015 9:22pm
Mudster

United Kingdom 

Question for all SVR owners.

Mrs Mudster was looking over my shoulder as I was configuring another RRS and said she likes the "Blue One".

I've pointed out the ramifications of choosing the "Blue One" but she likes the colour.

As it happens I'm all over the place with specifications and models. I'm having a right carlema at the moment. The only definite I've arrived at is we're having a RRS, any detail beyond that changes daily.

I'd already decided we were going to pay to have the car painted a bespoke colour (at a £10K premium) and by the time I've added the other bits we'd like we're at low £90K. So it's not a massive step to simply go for the SVR as it pretty much comes with everything in it and we'd have Estoril Blue meaning we weren't paying for a £10K paint job that loses it's value the moment we drive out of the showroom. Plus the SVR seems to hang on to it's value rather well.

This is a very long winded way of me arriving at the questions which are:-

I'm a bit worried about the ride in an SVR, I wouldn't order a AB Dynamic on 22" wheels due to the ride and we immediately discounted a Porsche Cayenne due to the ride being firm. So is the ride firm in the SVR or is it still quite comfortable? And are the seats comfy or do I need a Recaro backside to fit in them?

I've reached that point in life where I'm starting to realise how right my dear old was when he was discussing comfort over style. It sneaks up on you in your 40's and by mid 40's you realise you've actually become your own dad.

Post #462073 Sat May 16 2015 9:38pm
philmw

The seats are thin and hard. Ride is ok. Opinions are subjective. 

Post #462079 Sun May 17 2015 12:32am
Mudster

United Kingdom 

Thanks Phil, that probably rules it out.

Post #462093 Sun May 17 2015 11:15am
JSR2014

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

philmw wrote:
Oh, and I believe in Sport mode the car (SVR at least) will not change up in paddle mode even if you hit the rev limit.

Same with my AB 5.0SC, again, only the case in sport mode, not sure if being in Dynamic makes a difference? 2014.5 Mariana Black 5.0 Supercharged V8 Autobiography

Post #462160 Mon May 18 2015 9:02am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Mudster,

All subjective as you say but I didn't find any difference in ride comfort between my Supercharged Sport and SVR - not surprisingly as both on 22s. I'd also go so far as to say I didn't find the difference that perceivable in going from my SDV6 Sport on 21s to the Supercharged either.

I'd suggest try both though as I'm fairly used to a more sports-car-like ride before I switched to Range Rovers after kiddies came along 2 years ago!

I'm still selling my 64 plate Supercharged Aleutian Silver if interested....! Aleutian Silver needs to be seen in the flesh as it is certainly not your bog standard silver and yet isn't a plain pale blue either - very similar to Aston Martins Mako Silver if you've ever seen that. You could save yourself more than just £10K on a paintjob.... Whistle

Rich SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #462269 Mon May 18 2015 10:03pm
philmw

Lightning Silver, not Mako I think. It is a lovely colour. 

Post #462296 Tue May 19 2015 7:10am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Phil,

No it is Mako I'm on about it being closest to, although admittedly its called Mako Blue rather than Silver. The Lightening Silver only has a hint of blue in certain lights whereas the Mako is a bit more pronounced. Having seen or owned them in the past I'd say that the Aleutian Silver is closer to Mako than Lightening. Either way its a head-turning colour for all the right reasons! SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #462302 Tue May 19 2015 7:45am
philmw

Fair enough - Thumbs Up 

Post #462303 Tue May 19 2015 8:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 23 of 32 <123 ... 222324 ... 303132>