RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RR Sport SVR Launched
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 16 <123 ... 141516>

Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, that's curious given they chose to launch it (IIRC) at Pebble Beach.

I don't want to think about how little they pay for their cars... Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #440718 Tue Oct 28 2014 11:30am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

DaveW wrote:
So what would be your next choice of colour Dickie? To be honest, we can paint it pretty much how you want but obviously that service comes at a price....pm me if you want to know more

I were to choose a colour I think it would be very close to this:

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  

Post #440749 Tue Oct 28 2014 6:51pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, right at the start of this thread, you posted an image of a Rolls Royce in much the same colour (which has now disappeared) but I think the new blue is great. Mark

Post #440751 Tue Oct 28 2014 7:00pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Just told this story today when I was in Aldford...apparently the Duke of Westminster, who has a black V8 RRS2, was brought a demo SVR on Monday to test. Given the keys he reached 140 mph on his private drive before having to back off! The LR guy nearly sh** himself . I feel a deposit looming!.....I mean a financial deposit Rolling with laughter

Post #441147 Sat Nov 01 2014 7:31pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

That must of seriously Censored him off... He's probably having his drive extended as we speak Laughing 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #441152 Sat Nov 01 2014 8:13pm
peanutbob

If an SVR was in the Chester area on Sunday/Monday, it's a pity the local dealer didn't give me the heads up on this. They know I'm looking to buy another RRS 1st April, could have had the order already.

Post #441162 Sat Nov 01 2014 9:15pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

It does feel like it's been forever in the making doesn't it? A flurry of activity in June/July, a launch in Pebble Beach where (the U.S.) it's not even available to order yet, nothing at Goodwood Revival or Paris, no further press coverage that I have seen, no teaser videos, never mind test reports, test drives and all the rest.

And it's still more than 2 months from first production, makes you wonder what is still on the to-do list, apart from fixing the car security... Mark

Post #441177 Sun Nov 02 2014 4:01am
DaveW

United Kingdom 

Not quite accurate Mark,
The Revival isn't really the forum for something like this (think more lightweight E-Type) but the car has been shown at both Moscow and Paris since PB.
The car is signed off from a development point of view but there is now all the alignment of manufacturing (which you can't do until the suppliers have prod ready parts) and world wide homologation (which you can't do until a car is production spec and you've built cars for those markets and in some cases shipped them out there) and getting the various authorities to do that takes time as they hold the cards.

I won't comment on the security as its not my place but I did notice a statement on the official site yesterday.

Post #441179 Sun Nov 02 2014 7:44am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Yes, you are right, I had forgotten a white car was displayed in Paris. Certainly hope the build starts on time and the suppliers are being leant on to get their act together.

I'll go looking for that announcement about security; after the bad press and Watchdog programme this week and the Virgin Galactic tragedy yesterday which came after LR trumpeted that the first Discovery Sport off the line had gone to them, it's not been a great week for the brand image.

In the meantime, I've ordered a bright yellow steering wheel lock for my Evoque, even though I run it with the CAN-BUS lines disconnected from the OBD port. Should be a nice contrast to the Firenze... Mark

Post #441183 Sun Nov 02 2014 8:19am
DaveW

United Kingdom 

Get Bespoke to paint it to match.... Whistle

Post #441185 Sun Nov 02 2014 9:02am
peanutbob

My current SDV6 goes in on Friday for about 5 minor recall jobs, so when I return the loaner on Saturday, I am reasonably sure that I'm going to put a deposit down not on a SVR but a 5.0 litre supercharged instead. Reasons being that without a test drive, I'm not sure about living with the noise on a daily basis which sounds epic but though it has a tuneable exhaust, might become a bit ott on a daily basis, and also how compliant the ride will be, as the suspension is firmer. With 21" wheels as opposed to 22" wheels this might be less noticeable, but I don't really know. I understand the Conti Cross Contact tyres as fitted to the 22" wheels are a softer 'stickier' rubber, so if I went for a SVR potentially these would be the best fitment. But then the ride may well be firmer than my current RRS 2 with 22" wheels.
The downside is that unless I pay £10k, as a local Duke has done for his car to be painted in BRG I will have to use the current paint scheme on the 5.0 litre and not have the Estoril Blue, but maybe there will be further paint options by the time I have to configure the vehicle. Insurance, as I have checked, is nominally more by £50 pa for the 5.0 s/c but the SVR is not quoted at present.
I am aware that new revised SDV6 is a bit more powerful and more fuel efficient, so that really is the sensible replacement, but of all the 45 cars I've had in the last 30 odd years, the vehicles that I've really had a blast in have been big petrol engined cars, and as you're too long facing tin lid as a a Yorkshire man said to me years ago, I'm going to go petrol headed!
One query - with a 5.0 s/c how does this fare in the emissions situation in London as I occasionally park close to Heathrow on the Bath Rd.?

Post #442150 Mon Nov 10 2014 10:40pm
philmw

45 cars in 30 years. Shocked 

Post #442167 Tue Nov 11 2014 8:31am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

The salesmen must love you when they see you coming and have another jamboree taking you to the depreciation cleaners! I buy cars and keep them for a long time - currently 6 - 19, 12, 10, 5, 3 and 0 years. I cannot imagine this endless restlessness searching for something new and better, like surfing TV channels.

I don't think there will be issues with the SC but there may be with diesel engines which are not Euro 6 compliant in the future. As for the SVR, it may not be for everyone but I expect it to be relatively mild-mannered in "normal" exhaust mode; the ride for me has always been suspect on 22s, I am going for 21s instead but DaveW has stressed they have worked hard to get it right. Adaptive damping makes a big difference.

By the way, has anyone with an SVR on order got any indication of date? I haven't... Mark

Post #442186 Tue Nov 11 2014 11:00am
sally

United Kingdom 

No Dates yet for me but they did have to submit my details to head office, something about getting an idea for orders and how cars would be distributed.

I can do nothing but be patient and wait. Neither i am good at. 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #442189 Tue Nov 11 2014 1:02pm
philmw

The wait is killing me. It's been over a year for me so far and each day gets longer and longer. 

Post #442192 Tue Nov 11 2014 1:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 15 of 16 <123 ... 141516>