Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Lookers Park Royal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

vin297

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
Lookers Park Royal

Hi All,

Just thought I would share my first experience with Lookers Park royal. Car was booked in for 105k service last week and I asked them to check out some issues. One of them being a "squealing noise" whilst driving and another being the passengers mirror would not come back to position after moving from reverse to drive. On the noise issue they found nothing and on the mirror issue they said it was functioning correctly. After collecting the vehicle I noticed both issues were still there. I rang and booked back in for today. I have just received a call advising that the memory module needs replacing... Why didn't they pick that up last week? and secondly the noise is coming from the rear brakes which are binding. Now the real question is... Why didn't they pick this up the first time and more importantly when they done the service last week surely they would of checked the brakes. Not a happy customer after paying over £1200 last week they now want another £500. Its not the issue of the money its the time wasted of taking the car back and forth, not the service you would expect from a main dealer. I think ill try Hadley green next time!!!

Post #432562 Thu Aug 07 2014 2:43pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

What amazes me is that these dealers don't seem to realise that missing items and then finding related faults later makes owners wonder what done and what was considered out of sight - out of mind.

Post #432655 Fri Aug 08 2014 2:17pm
vin297

that's exactly what I was thinking. the worrying thing though is how could they have missed the brakes if they apparently carried out a full service!!!

Post #432656 Fri Aug 08 2014 2:28pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

^^^ Working from memory but I thought one of the items to be ticked on the Service sheet was brake pad condition and disc run-out and/or scoring.

Post #432695 Sat Aug 09 2014 8:33am
vin297

it gets worse.......

just taken the car in the local tyre place for wheel alignment. Front 2 tyres bald on inner edges. rear 2 tyres bald on inner edges with some metal thread showing. Clearly Lookers Park Royal didn't do a service but charged me for the privilege or they did do a service but didn't take the wheels off!!! not sure how you would call that a service then.

Post #432700 Sat Aug 09 2014 11:34am
PEACHY

England 

Shocked if it was me - I would kick it off big time - I would demand to look at the workcard - job sheet Evil or Very Mad Shocked 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #432701 Sat Aug 09 2014 12:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

vin297 wrote:
it gets worse.......

just taken the car in the local tyre place for wheel alignment. Front 2 tyres bald on inner edges. rear 2 tyres bald on inner edges with some metal thread showing. Clearly Lookers Park Royal didn't do a service but charged me for the privilege or they did do a service but didn't take the wheels off!!! not sure how you would call that a service then.

£1200 Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #432725 Sun Aug 10 2014 7:12am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Definitely one to take to the dealer principal. Also be worth talking to Trading Standards - the garage has charged you for a service they obviously haven't carried out. That sounds like fraud. Make sure the dealership knows you consider it to be fraudulent too. Also be worth pointing out that in the era of internet forums like this one, sure fraudulent service does not go unreported.

Also, what did they say they had done for £1200 at the service? Mine was recently serviced at a dealer and it was about £500 (for the 90k miles equivalent service). They presumably gave you a sheet with the service items ticked off as they did them? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #432739 Sun Aug 10 2014 10:31am
Bradders

United Kingdom 

I had the 105k service carried out at a LR main dealer, before selling my TDV8 last month. Cost was £540 inc belts changed and MOT cost. I was also handed a detailed invoice setting out everything done and a 'Health Check' report on collection that sets out tyre tread/condition, amongst other things check dover.

As RRSTDV8 says a harsh word with the Dealer Principal is certainly called for. This really is unacceptable and needs to be taken further. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #432740 Sun Aug 10 2014 10:39am
vin297

105k Service
Brake Fluid Change
Air Con Service
Suspension Recalibration
New Brake Hose, due to incorrectly fitted caliper!
5 Wheel Bolts (apparently swollen and apparently common!)
Engine Under tray bolts seized, new bolts fitted

in terms of the tyres , the check sheet attached to the invoice just says what the "worn" percentage is, no mention of the insides being bald.

Post #432742 Sun Aug 10 2014 10:55am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Pretty sure £1200 won't be just for the service. I have had service quotes from a few local-ish dealers (including LPR) in the past and even though London dealers tend to charge extortionate prices (especially when a price match is not negotiated), I have always been quoted < £700.

Such posts always make me regret why I didn't review my Blackvue footage following my last service to see if any corners were cut. It was a different dealership and I have no evidence or suspicions of any wrongdoing but just a general wondering.

As others have said, do not let them get away with this Evil or Very Mad

Edit: OP just explained the £1200 and suspension recalibration is expensive so makes more sense now.

Post #432743 Sun Aug 10 2014 10:59am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Why is the suspension calibration expensive? It's only a bit of labour and shouldn't take long to do. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #432752 Sun Aug 10 2014 1:22pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I think I would be speaking to Land Rover .................

Post #432755 Sun Aug 10 2014 1:50pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Why is the suspension calibration expensive? It's only a bit of labour and shouldn't take long to do.
I was quoted £450+ for it when my previous RRS needed recalibration. I was told it needs to be adjusted, then monitored after it comes to rest/goes to sleep, re-adjusted if needed, the process repeated a few times potentially. Even left overnight to see what happens next morning. They said it is time consuming hence the high labour cost. One of the reasons why I think IIDTool is a good investment because if I ever need to do it on my current RRS I wouldn't charge myself £100/hr to do it Laughing

Post #432756 Sun Aug 10 2014 1:53pm
vin297

The Calibration was only £82.80, the service was £520 and the rest was made up of the other bits that needed doing which are mentioned above.

I guess from my point its the fact that they didn't carry out basic check s on a service and its irrelevant whether I paid £500 or £5000 for a service the brakes and tyres are standard service items.

Post #432763 Sun Aug 10 2014 4:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>