RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Lookers Park Royal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

fkarim

United Kingdom 

I think everyone here agrees those things would have undoubtedly been flagged had they done the job properly. I was just trying to explain to others that you wouldn't have been charged £1200 just for the service.

£82 for recalibration sounds pretty good. Either they got it right first time in your case or my dealer tried to fleece me. It was paid by LRCS in the end so can't complain Thumbs Up

Post #432764 Sun Aug 10 2014 5:09pm
Topgeartowers

United Kingdom 

The same dealership told me they couldn't do four wheel alignments?

Post #432897 Mon Aug 11 2014 7:25pm
vin297

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Just received the call from Lookers Park Royal. Their suggesting its the rear diff which needs replacing. Does anyone know who to speak to at Hadley Green before I commit to Lookers. I asked for a goodwill contribution but got refused as they carried out the last job as good will (its not my fault they cant get it right the first time or even diagnosed the wrong problem), I wasn't expecting the whole job F.OC but I thought they may have given me some contribution towards labour given they've had the car 3 times!!!

Post #432986 Tue Aug 12 2014 1:05pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

It's no longer Hadley Green. It's Grange/Cambria now: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post429922.html

These are sales guys but may be able to point you in the right direction:
Jeremy @ Grange Barnet LR
James @ Grange Barnet LR

I don't have any aftersales contacts after their acquisition but if you do get one, please PM me too as I have also PM'd and emailed the above people and waiting for a response Whistle

Post #432990 Tue Aug 12 2014 1:20pm
AZIZBBU

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

My personal feeling is that Lookers park royal have grown too big, which in turn has led to them just going through the motions. It seems like it is just about turnover, they seem to have lost that personal touch that they gave customers. TDV8 HST STORNOWAY ON A 58
Full Alpine multimedia install
Road Angel Pro
PS3

Post #433071 Wed Aug 13 2014 3:10am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

^^^ +1. The attitude was almost like "we don't need you, you need us" the last time I dealt with them. I was invited to test drive an RRS2 there last year (I didn't even initiate it). The guy they sent with us knew NOTHING about the car. I suspect he wasn't even a salesman but a driver whose job was to collect and deliver customers' cars and the poor guy was put in that situation just because others were busy. He didn't tell me a single thing about the car but I asked loads of questions. His response to everything was "I don't know" and eventually I stopped talking.

When my previous RRS was due for a service, they reminded me by email a couple of times and on each instance I replied that I had it serviced "elsewhere". That response never seemed to register with them as they started phoning me about it. When I told them the same thing on the phone they wondered "why?" and the attitude was almost like "your loss, not ours". Well, the answer to that "why" was the "be quick, we are busy" tone when I spoke to their service department Rolling Eyes They weren't always like that.

Post #433080 Wed Aug 13 2014 7:34am
vin297

To be fair the service manager seemed a nice guy. When the technician who came on the test drive with me said there was a noise the manager came out of his office and said how quickly can they have the car. I gave it immediately as they gave me a courtesy car. I would of however thought they would have given some goodwill as they failed to acknowledge the fault the first time and then repaired something which made didn't rectify the problem the second time. The thing I'm worried about is if I spend the money what happens if it's not the diff. When I asked the question of the service advisor he said when we put the diff in we will test it to make sure it's right before they hand the car back!! They've don't that twice already and it hasn't been right!!

Post #433105 Wed Aug 13 2014 11:57am
Topgeartowers

United Kingdom 

AZIZBBU wrote:
My personal feeling is that Lookers park royal have grown too big, which in turn has led to them just going through the motions. It seems like it is just about turnover, they seem to have lost that personal touch that they gave customers.

Well it will only get worse. They are close to completing a new site (just next door) that will be twice the size, have multiple floors like the Merc and Audi space stations on the A4.

Post #433111 Wed Aug 13 2014 1:14pm
vin297

well my saga with pathetic Lookers Park Royal is over. I've picked the car up and booked into Hadley Green\Grange and got a saving. It just goes to show that LPR just don't give a s****. They weren't prepared to give a good will gesture and Hadley Green beat there price for the diff by some way even without knowing the circumstances. I just hope Hadley Green\Grange turn out to be better than LPR, that shouldn't be too hard!!! For anyone that reads this I recommended you find a dealer other than LPR if you want your car maintained correctly whilst being treated in a way a customer should.

Post #433119 Wed Aug 13 2014 3:02pm
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

AZIZBBU wrote:
My personal feeling is that Lookers park royal have grown too big, which in turn has led to them just going through the motions. It seems like it is just about turnover, they seem to have lost that personal touch that they gave customers.
No their personal touch have both gone to Hadley Green Jamie and James.I had a bad experience last year at LRPR the saleman Piled on extras that i did not request,when i was looking to rbuy a used RRS. When i said i did not want the extras,he got most irrate. I left and bought my 10MY RRS HSE With many extras already in place elseware itisme

Post #443056 Wed Nov 19 2014 4:07pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

James is back at LPR though... Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #443058 Wed Nov 19 2014 4:56pm
Andyjay123

why go to Lookers if your car has that much mileage? 2006 RRS Supercharged 4.2 HST muthuaflecka!

Post #443059 Wed Nov 19 2014 4:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12