RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > RRUK - My Supercharged has landed!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
It's on it's way

to the dealership this morning, they have confirmed they'll be putting mine into the workshop ahead of everyone else...good!

VentureTape are fitting the kit in the morning.

At last things are going to plan. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2599 Thu Sep 22 2005 10:06am
RRUK

Dealer just called, car is there, but Landrover forgot to build it with Privacy glass, so I am having to have dealer fitted version instead...which of course does not look as good... Sad

Does anyone else have dealer fitted privacy glass on theirs they can post pics of?

I knew something would have to go wrong somewhere! I am not getting too annoyed at it, nothing I can do, can't send it back to LR, it would delay it by weeks. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2627 Thu Sep 22 2005 4:01pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

RRUK , thats bad news. I posted some pics some time ago of the supercharged rimini red demonstrator at Trinity which they had Privacy glass fitted afterwards. If you compare this to my Black RRS which has factory fit Privacy Glass you will notice the retro fit shows up the heated elements.

Hope this helps.

Ps. Quality may differ from manufacturer? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #2628 Thu Sep 22 2005 4:13pm
keith

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Your being very understanding.

Hope they remembered to put the engine in or you may have to get the dealer to insert a diesel.

My dealer called this pm. Latest delivery date is now next Thursday so phoned to arrange insurance. Insurance co want a £1000 excess because car is over £50K and only 4 named drivers allowed (all over 45) Exclamation

I may resort to prayer to ensure my car arrives the way I ordered it.

Keith 4.4HSE Buckingham Blue
Alpaca Premium Leather, Rhodium
Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #2629 Thu Sep 22 2005 4:13pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:
Dealer just called, car is there, but Landrover forgot to build it with Privacy glass, so I am having to have dealer fitted version instead...which of course does not look as good... Sad

Oh no... Crying or Very sad Like Keith said, I think you're reacting in a very calm and controlled way which is a good thing for your dealer relationship. You are of course, obliged to demand a replacement car under SOGA, but understandably you don't want to wait that long. I'd say this gives you carte blanche for some serious complimentary items - not that you can do much more with the SC. With respect to the glass, personally I have to say that dealer-fit doesn't look anywhere near as crisp as the factory fit. I take it the dealer-fit option is just a film tint? Let's hope they don't let the YTS boy on it - that stuff needs to be fitted properly. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #2633 Thu Sep 22 2005 6:08pm
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

does this happen often with land rover? My dealer warned me of this when I ordered my car that some options might not come how you ordered it. I found that pretty ridiculous but I guess it really does happen.

Post #2634 Thu Sep 22 2005 6:24pm
RRUK

I know I am being very understanding, and I could have sent the car back but lord knows how long it would take to get a replacement car, weeks, months perhaps.

They have assured me that the company they use are VERY good and cost the dealership more than other window tint companies because of their quality. I shall of course post pics once I have the car. I think even if I am not 100% sure about the tints I will keep it anyway, I just want the car and the tints are a small factor.

When I spoke to the dealer this morning I did say to them "It IS Silver isn't it? It IS a supercharged isn't it?"....

All being well though I will be picking it up at 10.30am tomorrow morning.

I never knew buying a brand new car could have so many pitfalls, it seems much easier to look through the newly second hand stock and pick one that's already been built, look at it and buy it there and then. Clearly there are no 2nd hand RRSports about at the moment, but the theory is sound! L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2658 Fri Sep 23 2005 11:34am
MDP

United Kingdom 

RRUK

Take a look at this web site they have several Supercharged inc I 1st edition for sale imm del. Choice of colurs inc Silver with privacy glass. You could get what you want / ordered still.

http://www.autoworldprestige.com/range_rov...ged_01.htm

Hope this may be of interest to you?

Cheers

Martin 

Post #2660 Fri Sep 23 2005 12:01pm
RRUK

I've got it, it's awesome, and more....

I'll post more about it and of course LOTS of pics later in the weekend, already had to fill it up but it came with half a tank, a set of mats and a bottle of champagne, plus a 10% discount on parts I bought.

Was lovely to arrive at the dealers and see it in pride of place, right in front of the doors.... Surprised

I've already fitted the phone cradle, boot mat and mudflaps. Only managed about 60 miles so far today.

Can't stop grinning Laughing

The noise of that Supercharger is SO DAMNED addictive! Laughing

EVERYONE looks at the car as you drive about Cool

I am already really really happy, the dealer fit privacy glass is superb, no problems with it, and the VentureTape protection is excellent, lots of people were asking me about it.

So far, getting 15.1mpg, but am not really bothered about fuel economy figures while I am running it in.

Right, off now for another spin! seeya! Very Happy Laughing L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2675 Sat Sep 24 2005 6:20pm
Biggles

England 

Great News,
Keeps us posted. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2679 Sat Sep 24 2005 8:44pm
RRUK

Photos!!!!

Have now covered about 125 miles in total since yesterday and fuel consumption up to 16.5mpg at the moment.

Absolutely LOVE the power of this car, though not using the power much at all and keeping speed below 70mph.

Tried adaptive cruise control today, weird feeling trusting the car to stamp on the brakes when some eejit in a mondeo pulled in front of me, but it worked!

I've uploaded some photos to my gallery so please take a look and tell me what you think to the car, here's a taster though, my first view as I arrived at the dealer and it's sitting in front of the doors...nice Very Happy

L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2680 Sun Sep 25 2005 5:59pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

RRUK,

Very nice car. Tell us about the VentureTape protection - is it visible; how much did it cost; what is protected?
Also, the painted mirrors look good. Did these get done at the factory or by the dealer? Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #2681 Sun Sep 25 2005 7:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Great news RRUK I'm glad things all turned out OK in the end. I know how you are now feeling, I 'd have slept in it the 1st night if allowed Wink

YES that sound from the supercharger is very very adictive, but like you say at the moment whilst running it in I don't want to give it any real clout just yet. MPG is hovering between 14 around town and 16 on a run.

Looks very nice in silver with the colour coded mirrors - this would'nt have been effective on black.You should also find it a lot easier to keep clean than black.

Let us know a bit more about the Venture tape as fitted to a RRS

Happy motoring Very Happy 

Post #2682 Sun Sep 25 2005 9:23pm
RRUK

Venture tape

I've contacted the dealer who fitted my kit and asked him for a price list for the various component parts of the kit, to include the sills, and front end parts, with discount.

Keep an eye on my separate post on the VentureTape thread for details, pics, impressions, prices etc. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2691 Mon Sep 26 2005 9:37am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Looks great!! Just goes to show after all the waiting around and windows hoo-har it's been worth it! Congratulations!!

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #2693 Mon Sep 26 2005 2:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>