RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > MDP - RRS S'chrgd
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 14 <123 45 ... 121314>

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

MPD - you seem to get far more alerts than I do. Was your car built on a friday before a bank holiday? Seriously the only problems I've had are on the one occasion when engine fault and suspension fault appeared on a very cold evening on 16/12/05. Did the normal reset and havn't had the problem since. The other problem is the damn tailgate - I've knocked myself out too many times to list. let us know how you get on. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #8999 Thu Dec 29 2005 4:01pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Martin, sorry to hear of your problems, just out of interest is your car outside at night or garaged?

Not sure if it is relevant or not, but my car was delivered the week after yours and the only issue I have had so far (TOUCH WOOD) that you list is that sometimes it seems it struggles to start, but then always does, it has only done it 3 or 4 times so I am not worried about it.

Let us know how it gets on in the dealers. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #9009 Thu Dec 29 2005 7:09pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

MDP wrote:

I am not putting up with this poor level of build/electronics/wiring on a car thats cost £60k.

My sympathies, Martin.
I know how you feel and I sincerely hope all your problems will be resolved soon and you will start enjoying the car again.

I believe this is your first LR vehicle. If its any consolation, LR has never introduced any new model that did not have some sort of weird problems not normally associated with new models. Lots of problems are actually carried forward from previous models too!!

We've had lots of experience with LR vehicles over here and the general feeling amongst the users and the workers at their dealers is that the people at Solihull are a stubborn lot and NEVER learn!!

After half a century, one would expect LR UK to know that we are in the tropics. But NO. Today, we still hear "so sorry Sir, the glue used is meant for cold climate only ..." being said to a customer who just drove into the workshop with the roof lining all over his head!!!

I have driven Land Rovers for about 40 years now and I owned my first one about 30 years ago. The fact is that all the GOOD points of the vehicles sometimes makes us forget and we still come back for the newer models!!! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #9040 Fri Dec 30 2005 12:06am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Bobby wrote:

We've had lots of experience with LR vehicles over here and the general feeling amongst the users and the workers at their dealers is that the people at Solihull are a stubborn lot and NEVER learn!!

EASY!!
Im a Solihull lad, and im not stubborn.. and i always learn.. hehe..
No, sympathies MDP, sorry to hear about your spate of problems, hopefully LR will beable to rectify them to your satisfaction and your ownership experience will return to the level expected for £60k!!

Post #9045 Fri Dec 30 2005 2:15am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Well it goes in tomorrow & hopefully back on Friday night all fixed. It has been accompanied with this letter:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Range Rover Sport Supercharged
VIN : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Reg. XXXXXXXXX

Vehicle booked in 5th & 6th Jan 2006 firstly to eliminate the recent recall/issue with the Park brake/gate/plate of the park mode of the auto box in "P" (ref transmission incorrectly manufactured – A023). Although I have no issues with this it still needs checking/eliminating and secondly moreover, I have been experiencing a plethora of annoying faults (mostly electronic warnings) which then activate and or shutdown certain areas of operation. These faults are really starting to dampen my experience of ownership. I have had the car since 16/9/2005 and there has not been a week without some kind of electrical fault/warning beep/message.
Here is the list:-

1. When the car is warm and being driven, I get warnings that there is a suspension fault as I am going along - and that the car is now stuck in the current ride height. Then, when the Car is cold (stationary) …as above - but now stuck in access height. This happens regularly. I then sat stationary for quite some time in traffic when the suspension started to go up/down/up/down/up/down.....> I went home, sat on the driveway, ignition off and read the manual altered a few settings on the satnav screen. (10 or 15 mins time had now elapsed), then I thought I would start the car to move it to somewhere else on the driveway........but.... it wouldn’t start....., no power....nothing! What to do? It was also stuck in normal ride height. I tried alarming/opening/resetting etc..., etc, a number of times but to NO JOY. I Left it about an hour, then tentatively tried again, reluctantly after much alarm/resetting etc it struggled to turn over - and fired up eventually. (Is it now a battery problem)?Recently, all HELL let loose, HDC fault, Park Brake fault, Suspension Fault, Transmission Fault, all these warnings coming on and this being after the car has been OK and sat over night? But a re-set/alarm etc clears some of them.... Leave it a while, and then get all cleared. Travel around for a while OK, park up... but when I come back to car..... Faults/warnings re-appear. Is it the cold weather I ask myself, can the car cope when the temperature drops below zero or is it faulty censors causing all the problems? For instance today – No HDC – NO DSC and hard/reluctant to start - sometimes ignition sticks even though I let go of the key and continues to turn starter motor when the engine is already running. Also when I get these error/warning messages it says system shut down (special systems not available) on certain applications/parts, I then have no trip computer, everything is lost and re set to ZERO and worst of all I have NO PDC either front or rear. This is really annoying.

2. I have also noticed/experienced the satnav screen staying on ( longer than designated time ) In fact my wife had to phone me in a panic as it was ON all evening. Regularly it will appear as though the car is struggling at start up - but I don’t think it is the battery, I believe it’s the electronic circuitry starving the system of power?

3. I can also feel a knock within the steering column at various times (mainly low speeds).

4. Please examine the rear offside seat belt – it is faulty-not retracting & needs replacing.

5. Can the heating/air con be adjusted please? When set on AUTO my feet are roasted since all the heat appears to be directed to the footwell?

6. Also keep bumping my head on the damn rear hatch due to poor gas struts that can’t lift the tailgate!

7. Kaleidopart should have a new replacement near-side passenger wing mirror housing for you to fit. Could you please also ensure this is fitted so that the mirror can be viewed by my wife who is short and requires the mirror to be able to adjust fully inwards ( see Technical Service Bulletin No.LS501-001 30 March 2005 )

Of minor importance – but still annoying, I had to replace a very noisy wiper blade, DKC500161PMD [description] Blade ass’y - wiper unit price £3.43 + vat. Also, the nearside rear number plate illumination lamp was broken on delivery and after reporting it to service/parts - they ordered the wrong thing (or were sent the wrong part?) so, after 3 weeks of waiting and an unnecessary service visit, I purchased and fitted myself the correct part (next day delivery) Part No. XFC500040 Description = Lamp-Licence Plate - with bulb Cost £6.80 plus vat £7.99 total.

I am not putting up with this poor level of build/electronics/wiring on a car that’s cost £60k. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #9438 Wed Jan 04 2006 6:36pm
Bobby

MDP wrote:
Well it goes in tomorrow & hopefully back on Friday night all fixed. It has been accompanied with this letter:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats telling them, Martin.
Please let us know the outcome.
Wish you luck!! Malaysia Boleh!

Post #9458 Wed Jan 04 2006 11:54pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hi guys,

Had a phone call late on Thursday night from the Technician to update me on the latest position. Apparently most of my electrical/warning issues & oddities have been triggered by the fact that the main battery is a complete DUD ie. most of the cells are completely dead Sad . They are doing 2 LR recall issues , fixing passenger wing mirror , sorting rattley tailgate & will report back today on all above plus info/report on the knock from steering column.

Will post later when I know more.

Ps. I am in a Disco3 D "S" manual ..... it feels really wierd , but I do like the split tailgate, the rear 2 additional seats, the abundence of cubby holes/storage compartments.................. but more power please - 1st gear is about as responsive as a slug about to get trodden on Sad 

Post #9549 Fri Jan 06 2006 10:44am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
Hi guys,

Had a phone call late on Thursday night from the Technician to update me on the latest position. Apparently most of my electrical/warning issues & oddities have been triggered by the fact that the main battery is a complete DUD ie. most of the cells are completely dead Sad . They are doing 2 LR recall issues , fixing passenger wing mirror , sorting rattley tailgate & will report back today on all above plus info/report on the knock from steering column.

Will post later when I know more.

Ps. I am in a Disco3 D "S" manual ..... it feels really wierd , but I do like the split tailgate, the rear 2 additional seats, the abundence of cubby holes/storage compartments.................. but more power please - 1st gear is about as responsive as a slug about to get trodden on Sad

Lucky you're not in an orange Kia which is what I got on my insurance job! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #9551 Fri Jan 06 2006 10:54am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

VA - off topic, but am I the only one who can no longer see your avatar? I don't seem to be able to get to where it's hosted either? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Last edited by shmoogle on Fri Jan 06 2006 1:27pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #9554 Fri Jan 06 2006 11:10am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

That's good news about the battery Martin, better than finding out there are unknown gremlins somewhere.

I will be interested to hear about the other issues and see what they say. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #9555 Fri Jan 06 2006 11:11am
Bobby

shmoogle wrote:
VA - off topic, but am I the only one who can no longer see your avatar? I don't seem to be able to get to where it's hosted either (your xxx.com site)...?

I can't see it either. Just a little box with an x in it! Malaysia Boleh!

Post #9556 Fri Jan 06 2006 11:18am
MDP

United Kingdom 

I can see VA's avatar - no problem ?

Roll on 6pm............ I want my car back.... please Very Happy 

Post #9557 Fri Jan 06 2006 11:22am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Hmm - I can see it now too! I've been meaning to mention it since yesterday when it disappeared for me. Oh well - normal service resumed! Confused 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #9573 Fri Jan 06 2006 12:42pm
MDP

United Kingdom 
LATEST

Just had a call from service, all going well but now sorting rattle/tailgate & decided to replace the two struts, so ordered parts and car wont be ready until Monday. So things seem to be sorting themselves OK Very Happy

Mind you,

As I mentioned earlier, I am in a Disco3 it is the entry 2.7d 6speed manual s model.

I dont want to upset anyone whos driving this particular model - but how bad is this gearbox Sad it is like wading through porridge filled with bricks Exclamation it really is that bad.

I wont be doing much driving this weekend then. 

Post #9620 Fri Jan 06 2006 3:54pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Good to hear they are working through the issues without too many dramas..
Don't you hate it when they have to order parts in! can't you have it back and take it back to them to sort out the boot later? is it more annoying then driving the courtesy car?

Like VA said, just be thankful you didn't get an orange Kia..
Orange kia, what a joke of a car to be given, i trust VA you made good use of your wife's mini during that period!?

Post #9624 Fri Jan 06 2006 4:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 14 <123 45 ... 121314>