RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > MDP - RRS S'chrgd
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 14 <123 4 ... 121314>

Black Beast

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Late June. ....How can I upload pictures so I can post them? 2006 Java Black Supercharged RR Sport / Overfinch tips

Post #2427 Sun Sep 18 2005 10:32pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Black Beast here is a link to explain how to uplaod your pics etc:-

http://85.13.255.210/~rrsport/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30

happy posting

MDP 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #2428 Sun Sep 18 2005 11:01pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Cheers Guys,

As you can tell I've not been on the web much recently... picked up my Supercharged Friday night, in fact I did'nt leave the dealership untill 6.45pm and it wasn't long before it was dark. Saturday came & this is an awkward day for me as I still play Rugby and enjoy a few beers afterwards. Wink So did'nt get out in it too much.

However, SUNDAY, been in it all day Very Happy

Sorry no pics as yet as just got back in and dont know where the week end has gone Confused But let me tell you what I think..........

ABSOLUTELY BL**DY FANTASTIC

It really does look superb from every angle, inside and out! The sound is spot on. Its sounds more sports car than 4x4. It is that good. I would go as far as to say it " growls" like an angry rottweiler Shocked RRUK, you are definately going to like this car,as I think everyone out there still waiting, will.To date ,over the weekend, I have only covered about 250 miles so the trip computer is slowly working out my mpg ( now stands at 15.5 ) I,m fairly sure it will better that of my previous S4 (1Cool. The ride in the Supercharged is far superior to that of the RR, thanks to the Dynamic Respons system, it really works, the car has no body roll when compaired to a normal RR.It is that good!..... I went out with a friend who also runs a new RR , Bentley's , Ferrari's and has had a fleet of other nice cars ( very lucky chap & very genuine ) he too thought it looked great,sounded superb & rode much better than his RR, in fact it was praised by all that saw it.

The say " expectation is greater than realisation", but in this case, I'm sorry, they're wrong, it is much beter than I had anticipated.

The Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights are a work of art, best lights I have experienced on a car.

And..... .... wait for it....... ACC Adaptive cruise control, this was the best surprise of the weekend. Very Happy What a great toy/device, but did seem weird.......Doing 80mph - outside lane - M1 heading for Woburn when I thought I would have a play with the ACC. Set speed ( press button ) at said 80mph..... that was it, simple; car in front was getting closer , my reaction was I need to brake, next thing I know the ACC had braked for me & when the gap was getting bigger and allowed the car to go faster , the ACC kicked in again accelerating up towards set spped of 80mph. Who needs pedals, marvellous.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Just to remind you how happy I am Very Happy Very Happy

A few minor irritations... Sad

1.I too think the sat nav ( which is superb ) reflects too much at night onto the screen. It does need some kind of hood? Perhaps we could all email LR direct for some ideas/answers/cure.

2.Carpet mats as ordered did not arrive as still on back order. For a £60k car why dont they come as standard? So bought some rubber ones as well.... see me through the winter.

3.Keep getting low washer fluid warning, even after filling it up, so now checking on Monday if leek? or electric glitch?

4. The Supercharged should have come with nice big START button in the dash Cool

Its now after midnight...... I want to go back out for a spin, I also need some sleep Embarassed

Loads to say..................... sum it up ...... FANTASTIC

Ps. Will try to post some pics on Monday
PPs. Bobby.... it is really worth the wait...hang on in Wink

Cheers

A very happy MDP 

Post #2429 Mon Sep 19 2005 12:06am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

MDP

I'm so happy for you.
Enjoy the car and keep posting all your thoughts.

Guess I'll just keep on hanging ....
Read all those lovely reviews and imagine I'm at the controls .... Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #2430 Mon Sep 19 2005 12:13am
Bobby

Just had a call from my salesperson.
Confirmed no car in September and most probably not in October also.
Mad Mad Sad Sad Malaysia Boleh!

Post #2432 Mon Sep 19 2005 5:06am
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I am really sorry to hear that. I probably won't be getting my car until december though too. Hopefully you will get yours before then.

Post #2433 Mon Sep 19 2005 6:15am
Bobby

Thanks for your kind words, djsaad1. Malaysia Boleh!

Post #2434 Mon Sep 19 2005 6:43am
Biggles

England 

Bobby, sorry to hear the wait may be extended.
I hope it comes sooner rather than later, I know the wait can be excruciating I have been in that posistion. Take solace in the post from MDP mine is a TDV6 and I am very impressed, happy with it but it sounds like the supercharged is something special. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2436 Mon Sep 19 2005 8:35am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Sounds like you've picked a winner there, MDP - congrats!! Very Happy

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #2439 Mon Sep 19 2005 9:34am
Bobby

Biggles wrote:
Bobby, sorry to hear the wait may be extended.
I hope it comes sooner rather than later, I know the wait can be excruciating I have been in that posistion. Take solace in the post from MDP mine is a TDV6 and I am very impressed, happy with it but it sounds like the supercharged is something special.

Thanks Biggles.

As I mentioned earlier, my situation is unique.
Land Rover UK has a car for me - its ready. Local dealer has collected a deposit from me. They want to bring in the car. BUT they cannot!!
Its a long story over here, permits etc.
Its sad. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Malaysia Boleh!

Post #2440 Mon Sep 19 2005 9:41am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Sorry they're late, but finally put some photos of my new car in the gallery. Black can be a difficult colour to photograph ( reflections ) , but these did'nt come out too bad.

Here it is

Post #2509 Tue Sep 20 2005 5:07pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Gorgeous mate... very nice!! Cool

PS: Just the right sort of driveway for it too! 

Post #2516 Tue Sep 20 2005 9:39pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Yipee, Very Happy Very Happy I finally got my welcome pack today, just need to spend time deciding on where to go for my off road day ( I intend upgrading to full family day out ).... any suggestions? 

Post #2961 Wed Oct 05 2005 11:06pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

I've been to Eastnor Castle a couple of times. Nice enough venue, course seems pretty good and the instructors on both occasions have been very friendly and knowledgable chaps. Not much to compare it with though, apart from the off-road course at Millbrook and I guess it's apples and oranges.

Cheers
Steve 

Post #2962 Wed Oct 05 2005 11:13pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Its been a while since I gave an account of my ownership.

Here goes, it's admired by all those that come across it and if they actually get the chance to go in it... well , the remarks are just sensational. Embarassed

It really is that good.

HOWEVER

It will be going back to the dealer next week ( Thursday & Friday ) firstly to eliminate the recent recall/issue with the Parkbrake/gate/plate of the park mode of the autobox in "P". Although I have no issues with this it still needs checking/eliminating.

Moreover, I have been experiencing a plethora of annoying faults ( mostly electronic warnings ) that then activate/shutdown certain areas of operation.
These faults are really starting to dampen my experience of ownership.

I have had the car since 16/9/2005 and here has not been a week without somekind of electrical fault/warning beep/message. Heres the list :-

Car warm ( driven ) and had warning that there is a suspension fault as I am going along - and that the car is now stuck in the current ride hieght.

Car cold ( stationary ) ... as above - but now stuck in access height.

Sat stationary for quite some time when the suspension started to go up/down/up/down...... I went home , sat on driveway, ignition off, reading manual etc and altered a few settings on the satnav screen. ( 10 or 15 mins ) then I thought I would start car to move it to somewhere else on the driveway........ and .... wouldnt start.....no power....nothing! What to do? It was also stuck in normal ride height. I tried alarming/opening/resetting etc etc a number of times. NO JOY. Left it about an hour, then tentatively tried again, reluctantly it struggled to turn over - but fired up eventually. ( is it now a battery problem ) ?

I have also notice/experienced the satnav screen staying on ( longer than designated time ) In fact my wife had to phone me in a panic as it was on all evening. Regularly it will appear as though the car is struggling at start up - but I dont think it is the battery, I believe its the electronic circuitry starving the system of power?

Recently, all hell has let loose, HDC fault, Park Brake fault, Suspension Fault, Transmission Fault, ...... all these warnings coming on, after the car has been OK and sat over night? But a reset/alarm etc clears some of them.... Leave it a while, then get all cleared. Travel around for a while OK, park up... but when I come back to car..... faults/warnings re-appear.Is it the cold weather I ask myself ( it has been -5c ) is it faulty censors causing all the problems?

Also when I get these error/warning messages it says system shut down on certain parts, I then have no trip computer, eveything is lost and re set to ZERO. This is really annoying.

I am not putting up with this poor level of build/electronics/wiring on a car thats cost £60k.

Also hit my head on the damn rear hatch again due to poor gas struts that cant lift the tailgate! 

Post #8992 Thu Dec 29 2005 1:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 14 <123 4 ... 121314>