RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Here is my order (delivery June/July)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

blue

Italy 
Here is my order (delivery June/July)

Hello Everyone!

I've just read the forum in last weeks but I've registered only today after my order placed past Saturday.

I've confirmed a TDV6 (here in Italy the only reasonable choose for taxes!) HSE Dynamic with various options as Pano roof, Adaptive Cruise Control, Meridian Sound System 825W, Adaptive xeno lights with Auto Beam Assist, Mood Lighting, TFT Display, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass.

Color is Corris Gray with Pano roof in contrast Santorini Black and interiors Cirrus with Cirrus seats and wood Dark Grey inserts.

My dealer told me delivery is June/July... I've asked him some news about MY2015 and he told me it will be available for delivery "not before October/November" and since I've to sell my present car in July (I can't later!) I don't want to wait until November for the new one even if I'm quite a "techie guy" and I would like to have new infotainment since the present one is the only negative aspect I see in RRS. But in the end I'm convincing myself I'm buying a car, not a new computer... then it's fine any system...

I've some doubts to share with you:

- would be a proper choose to remove "Mood Lighting" (how does it works, I've never seen them and found nothing in the web) and remove Auto Beam Assist (I've read here not so good experience in the use) and in place of them add the Blind Spot Assist (I've it in my present car and it's a nice feature)

- usually until when it could be possible to change order details before to "freeze" the configuration?

- Speed signal recognition is it default now? In Italy Car Configurator is not mentioned in the optionals list...

- I'm in doubt with interior colors... while I'm 100% sure about Corris gray what to you think about interiors? I want them light then or Cirrus with Cirrus seats or Ivory with Ivory seats... some real pictures available with Corris gray outside?

- It would worth the annoyance to wait and delay the delivery until MY2015 will be available? Consider I will keep the car approximately 4 years.

Sorry to have been so long and thanks in advance for any tips!

Post #413304 Mon Feb 10 2014 2:54pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

The truth is we do not know what will be in MY2015 and LR aren't saying. Whether they will revamp the infotainment system in a car which is barely one year into production is anyone's guess though of course there's a lot in common with the FFRR and the Evoque and they have been around for longer.

It is an area which attracts criticism though which might be enough for LR to revise it - higher resolution screen, faster responding - but I'd be surprised if they redesigned it from the ground up.

As for your questions...

I think Mood lighting is a waste of money, only visible at night and the main mood it will create is one of anger about how much it cost. Driver aids like headlamp assist, blind spot monitoring and so on can only be as clever and the intelligence built in to them and they clearly cannot work in all situations.

I do not know about how late you can leave order changes for a car being delivered to Italy. A couple of months I would have thought.

No idea about the Speed Limit Sign recognition, personally I find the TomTom approach which uses GPS and provides a display of actual average speed on the new average speed monitored sections of motorway in Italy a better approach. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #413329 Mon Feb 10 2014 5:26pm
mse

United Kingdom 

the future cars will use a forward facing camera to detect signs, rather than out of date maps and miss information like tom tom.

who knows what you might get...just enjoy it when it gets here

The infotainment hardware is new on the sport - so I wouldn't worry...there are a lot of people who moan about the current firmware, which is OK - its been updated a few times and can (and is) updated very quickly relatively...because the hardware doesn't need to change. Equally, that self contained unit can be updated easily. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #413353 Mon Feb 10 2014 6:39pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Providing of course the signs have not been stolen for their metal content, are visible at night and in foggy conditions and through a dirty windscreen. AFAIK, the LR solution does not provide any help when being monitored by Average Speed Cameras which are increasingly commonplace in Italy - there, the display is updated to show your average speed since entering the zone. Add in the better navigation and I would much rather have one than the LR option. Mark

Post #413356 Mon Feb 10 2014 6:45pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Im fine with the current infotainment system perfectly happy. I have all the cameras and traffic light cameras on my map - but the sign recognition is a very good tool - works in many of those conditions you describe (designed to funny enough), been around in some cars for a while.

None of that matters if you breaking the law anyway and not driving the car.

Forgive me - but for someone that wants one...your very negative about them, surely if your not happy with whats on offer, you wouldn't buy one and go elsewhere...not chase the mythical perfect land rover?..there will always be something better over the hill and around the corner Thumbs Up Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #413383 Mon Feb 10 2014 9:06pm
blue

Italy 

Thanks a lot for both feedbacks!

Yes nothing is certain about what LR will do and when and in a certain sense it was better years ago when there isn't so much sources of knowledge for the consumer... I mean there was less problems when you decided to buy a car Wink

Then I understand suggestions to keep order go on and whenever will arrive it will be ok, without too much worry about which system will be adopted for infotainment. I think yes, it is the correct approach.

I will follow the advice about mood lights and I will remove from the order, my idea was the mood lights where all around the interiors not just a small part. I am now used to E-Class where color is just one, the classic Mercedes Ambra, but all around and very very warm and nice.

Regarding Speed Signal recognition I believe best solution would be a mix of both system, not impossible to be applied, with local database of limits integrated/override by real signs when detected by camera.

Thanks again!

Post #413385 Mon Feb 10 2014 9:10pm
mse

United Kingdom 

For clarity (like on my car right now) you can have both the speed camera database as part of the GPS and the sign recognition Thumbs Up Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #413399 Mon Feb 10 2014 10:04pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Mike, since you obviously fancy yourself as a bit of a know-all, tell me how the speed limit recognition software handles the situation when you move from a 60 mph single lane road to a section of dual carriageway (where the limit is then 70 mph) and back again. No speed limit signs so how does it tell what sort of road you are on or does it simply say national speed limit and let you decide whether that's 60 or 70? Mark

Post #413412 Mon Feb 10 2014 10:32pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

1. Traffic sign detection is a cost option, and does not appear on the Italian Configurator so presume it is not available in your market. Possibly a waste of time in Italy? Wink

2. The current infotainment system was last updated to permit the dual view screen for 2012. It is the same as in the Evoque and Full Fat, and is being replaced. Rumours are it will be in the 2015 model, but as said these are all rumours and LR, of course, will not announce future models as it kills current sales. Talking to the chap who designed the interface, it should be good. Worth the wait? Nah. The current system is fine. Most annoying thing is if you play a lot of music from an iPod/iPhone as there is no search function and it takes an age to scroll. Nowhere near as bad as the system in one of my other cars though. 

Post #413425 Mon Feb 10 2014 11:30pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Mark_N wrote:
Mike, since you obviously fancy yourself as a bit of a know-all, tell me how the speed limit recognition software handles the situation when you move from a 60 mph single lane road to a section of dual carriageway (where the limit is then 70 mph) and back again. No speed limit signs so how does it tell what sort of road you are on or does it simply say national speed limit and let you decide whether that's 60 or 70?

A little harsh, since ii can read and understand how this stuff works - but then what does any of what you have just said that matter?

As you clearly have your own view - I suggest you research how the system is suppose to work, as you clearly don't actually want any answers

When you have done that - maybe consider how that's any different to a GPS based solution. Finally, think through when you use a GPS solution how that knows anything past the quality of the information that was originally entered, based on the date it was entered and however old and out of date that was.

But as I said you don't seem to want an answer that isn't yours - you seem to have some massive chip on your shoulder over the new vehicle and technology on board (or not) Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #413427 Mon Feb 10 2014 11:39pm
Senna

2010 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Nice spec Mr Blue.

I was in an Evoque the other day (not ours), with speed sign recognition and was quite impressed by it.
Granted the trip was only a few miles so mainly stuck to single lane roads but it picked up three different speed limit signs 30, 40 and 50 mph without problem.

Agree with the mood lighting. If my new RRS's mood lighting is anything like our Evoques I'm going to end up wishing I'd saved that money for the blackjack tables on my upcoming Vegas in trip Cool Current...
Just Landed....MY2014.5 Mariana Black HSE Dynamic with tons of toys
MY2014 Evoque Si4 Dynamic Santorini black with toys galore
2010 Porsche Carrera 2S (997.2) Basalt black with PDK

On Order: Porsche Macan S Diesel...eta March 2015

Previous
2010 RRS HSE Santorini black (super reliable and will be missed)
3 x Boring Audi's, Q7, TT, A4 Cab (yawn)

Post #413428 Tue Feb 11 2014 12:57am
blue

Italy 

Thank you all for added comments. Yes signal recognition it is just a nice toy here... Very Happy Not because speed limits are not so much followed, many things are changing here in Italy too, try to travel in highway today (new "tutor" system had slowed down everybody!)....

I am convinced to remove ambient light (somebody could post some pics? Or link with video or photos, I have not found any material to see) in favor of something else, but I think I have time and in this wait I have also to confirm the interiors color (still in doubt between ebony/cirrus with cirrus seats and ebony/ivory with ivory seats). And I will forget my2015/infotainment matter... Whatever will arrive will be fine... Cool

Thanks again!

Post #413434 Tue Feb 11 2014 8:29am
leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Click image to enlarge
 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #413449 Tue Feb 11 2014 11:12am
Senna

2010 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

wowza Shocked Current...
Just Landed....MY2014.5 Mariana Black HSE Dynamic with tons of toys
MY2014 Evoque Si4 Dynamic Santorini black with toys galore
2010 Porsche Carrera 2S (997.2) Basalt black with PDK

On Order: Porsche Macan S Diesel...eta March 2015

Previous
2010 RRS HSE Santorini black (super reliable and will be missed)
3 x Boring Audi's, Q7, TT, A4 Cab (yawn)

Post #413517 Tue Feb 11 2014 4:03pm
blue

Italy 

leondrums wrote:

Thank you @Leondrums for the photo! I've seen in the other post this one and the blue version but it would be GREAT if you could post a photo – even if made with smartphone or similar, I don't need top quality image Wink – of the whole interior with ambient light to understand how much it affect the cabin.

Thanks

Post #413539 Tue Feb 11 2014 5:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>