RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Here is my order (delivery June/July)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Unfortunately it doesn't affect the cabin at all - it really is confined to the centre console (no light 'spillage' into the cabin or ambient glow at all)...

It really is just for a bit of fun and for £220 in my opinion does add something to the interior at night... 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #413541 Tue Feb 11 2014 6:06pm
mse

United Kingdom 

I think that's been people's complaint, that the mood lighting doesn't change any of the lights in the rest of the car.

Don't worry - on the new disco, it says it has mood lighting, but it just doesn't! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #413542 Tue Feb 11 2014 6:20pm
blue

Italy 

Thanks for feedbacks!

Regarding Mood Lighting the dealer insists it will affect door and entire cabin but I feel that your reports are much more reliable !!

Now I've to definitively decide about interiors colors... still in doubt between Ebony+all-Cirrus Gray or Ebony+all-Ivory or Espresso+all-Ivory... I'm not seeing much stuff (photos or video) with Cirrus seats, basically I see always Lunar or Ivory... Anyway I have to decide as soon as possible and then forget about until the delivery Smile
Regarding the outside color I'm sure about Corris with Santorini roof in contrast (Panoramic).

I'm also wondering if it's the case to add the Blind Spot Assist... just because I had in last 4 years on my E-Class and sometime it has been useful...

Thanks again for help and suggestions!

Post #415057 Sat Feb 22 2014 1:17pm
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

tick the box and have blind spot monitoring, I haven't got it as in RRS 1 it didn't need it but 3/4 rear visibility in RRS 2 is not quite so good.. if I re ordered now I would have it! 5.0 Ltr Superchrged RRS2, Chile Red, Sideways out of junctions!
TDV8 HST Stornaway on a 08.. remapped.. now gone and replaced, was a mighty fine car..
4.2 SC First Edition when they first came out, quick car!

Post #415088 Sat Feb 22 2014 6:38pm
blue

Italy 

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I will add the Blind Spot also because I'm already used to it in last 4 years...

The dealer has suggested me to add the "Full Spare Wheel" instead of the standard one provided with the car. Basically it looks very interesting if the spare wheel is also in same style as the 4 of the car because it would mean to get an extra regular rim for a very cheap costs. Could you confirm? Or it's just a full size but not in same style per others 4 wheels?

Post #415776 Thu Feb 27 2014 3:06pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Maybe different in other markets but here in the UK, you can either have the full size spare or nothing, in which case you get a can of goo which may or may not (but probably will not) help you on a rainy night when you just want to get home.

Full size spare means a wheel of the correct diameter - so it's not a collapsible space-saver - but the tyre is narrow and the rim is steel. It's to get you home at a max speed of (typically) 50 mph/80 kph.

So, sadly, it's not a cheap way of getting a spare rim for a bargain price. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Last edited by Mark_N on Thu Feb 27 2014 4:22pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #415783 Thu Feb 27 2014 3:45pm
blue

Italy 

Hi Mark,

thank you for your feedback!

Ok, yes... it could vary market to market but for the cost the option has I believe it can't be delivered a spare rim.... but it's what my dealer insist to say... I will go deeply into this matter Wink

Thanks!

Post #415786 Thu Feb 27 2014 4:09pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I still think the spare wheel option is worth going for. If the goo doesn't work, the tyre is ruined and the car has to be transported to wherever leaving you stranded. At least with a spare, you can change it (or get it changed) and then get to somewhere more convenient where the problem can be sorted. Also, if the puncture is simple, away from the side-wall, you can get the tyre repaired though of course in some countries such as Germany, it is illegal to do so. Mark

Post #415788 Thu Feb 27 2014 4:19pm
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

I've just checked in the back of my HSE and the "full size spare" which I optioned is, indeed, identical to the 4 other road wheels. Alloy, full speed rated etc. Regards

Malcolm

Post #415791 Thu Feb 27 2014 4:50pm
blue

Italy 

Mark_N wrote:
I still think the spare wheel option is worth going for. If the goo doesn't work, the tyre is ruined and the car has to be transported to wherever leaving you stranded. At least with a spare, you can change it (or get it changed) and then get to somewhere more convenient where the problem can be sorted. Also, if the puncture is simple, away from the side-wall, you can get the tyre repaired though of course in some countries such as Germany, it is illegal to do so.

Thanks Mark but here in Italy by default you get the "reduced size wheel" and not the repair kit that I agree with you it's not a good option!

Post #415796 Thu Feb 27 2014 5:04pm
blue

Italy 

malcolmw wrote:
I've just checked in the back of my HSE and the "full size spare" which I optioned is, indeed, identical to the 4 other road wheels. Alloy, full speed rated etc.

Hi Malcom!

thanks for this confirmation, it sounds like said by the dealer. It's a good news since you get a spare rim at just approximately 250 euro... it could happen you damage one rim (in my case Style 5 - 21") and it's nice to have one backup... if like so I will surely add the option!!

Thanks again

Post #415797 Thu Feb 27 2014 5:05pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

malcolmw wrote:
I've just checked in the back of my HSE and the "full size spare" which I optioned is, indeed, identical to the 4 other road wheels. Alloy, full speed rated etc.

Well then I stand corrected. It must be the weight of the car precludes the use of a thinner profile tyre, in which case getting a spare rim is a no-brainer. I wonder how that works if you choose non-standard rims which are chargeable options - does the spare get upgraded as well.? I can imagine the wheels which are regarded as dealer fit accessories do not.

Interesting too the cans of goo are not allowed in Italy. They shouldn't be here too as they lull you into a false sense of security. Mark

Post #415807 Thu Feb 27 2014 5:47pm
blue

Italy 

Mark sorry I've not been clear enough... in Italy are allowed but the default for Land Rover here is the spare wheel (in reduced size). If somebody wants it's possible to ask the cans of goo but I believe nobody will do! And with addition of just 250 euro you can have the full-size spare wheel that now definitively I will order!

Post #415815 Thu Feb 27 2014 6:05pm
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

I can answer this question, I have option style 17, 22 inch wheels, and I have one exactly the same in the boot!

Thumbs Up 5.0 Ltr Superchrged RRS2, Chile Red, Sideways out of junctions!
TDV8 HST Stornaway on a 08.. remapped.. now gone and replaced, was a mighty fine car..
4.2 SC First Edition when they first came out, quick car!

Post #415873 Thu Feb 27 2014 10:16pm
blue

Italy 

Thanks all, dealer has confirmed same wheel and rim as other 4 installed with
dynamic pack (21" style 5).

Today received a call that production slot has been anticipated to April for delivery May end... Good news!! Order (delivery June/July...): TDV6 HSE DYNAMIC – Corris Gray with Santorini Black Panoramic Roof and privacy glass, Style 5 21" and interior Ebony/Cirrus with Cirrus Seats and Dark Grey Oak, Adaptive Cruise Control, Meridian 825W, Adaptive Lighting with Auto Beam Assist, Ambient Lighting, Heated Mirrors, TFT Instruments, Sorround Camera System, Blind Spot Assit with park exit assistance.

Post #418735 Fri Mar 21 2014 10:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>