Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Remote Park Heat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Disco wrote:
No it does not.

Remote timed climate gives heat or air movement/ventilaton. Timed by the touch screen or remote by the handset.

When the FBH is fitted it will come on at less than 12 degrees c when you start the engine. In remote use it will heat the inside unless it is minus lots, here it will heat the engine.

The FBH is an option.

The std car has a electric element in the heater duct to heat the incoming air to cabin.

Hi Disco

How do you know this?! Presume this refers to the L494 but it doesn't seem effective on my 2013 RRS2 as it takes ages before any warmth becomes apparent. I leave it running for 5 mins in the morning before getting in...and then it's several miles down the road before a reasonable interior temp occurs. I guess the reason for the omission of the FBH, which was standard on prior D3/D4/RRS models is down to paring down the weight to achieve the sub 200 gms emissions in conjunction with start/stop plus circa 500kgs less weight ref the body. Plus no harmonic dampers from the rear which weigh a lot! And then the extra margin of speccing £1k to have the timed heating fitted.

Post #444207 Wed Dec 03 2014 12:42am
Disco

United Kingdom 

Ok just read Topix again.

It says:

may incorporate auxiliary heating in the form of an electric booster heater. Where fitted, the electric booster heater boosts the temperature of the air in the climate control assembly, downstream of the heater core.

So in some markets you do get the electric booster.

Sorry for misleading you that it is std every where.

Ours heats up very quickly but that will be because of the FBH. Agree about the weight saving though.

Post #444265 Wed Dec 03 2014 7:22pm
Andrew2706

rigsby wrote:
Mine is a 2012 and the remote works as I am coming up the 18th fairway which must be 150-170 yds from the car Thumbs Up

Thanks Risby and UK Guy for info.... Dealer is trying to convince me that "15 feet might be Normal" I'm' not having that...will update soon...Hopefully...

Post #444278 Wed Dec 03 2014 8:49pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

rigsby wrote:
Mine is a 2012 and the remote works as I am coming up the 18th fairway which must be 150-170 yds from the car Thumbs Up

But the car is dead and cold by the time he's finished the hole. 

Post #444279 Wed Dec 03 2014 8:53pm
rigsby

England 

14 shots later..........and I have only got 40 yds left Thumbs Up MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #444281 Wed Dec 03 2014 9:05pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Andrew2706 wrote:
rigsby wrote:

Thanks Risby and UK Guy for info.... Dealer is trying to convince me that "15 feet might be Normal" I'm' not having that...will update soon...Hopefully...

15 feet might be right if they've not connected the receiver to an aerial..... Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #444283 Wed Dec 03 2014 9:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

^^^ This is what I was implying too as quoted below - either the antenna isn't connected or located at an ill-thought place. But it seems all my posts in this thread are invisible to the OP Whistle

fkarim wrote:
Did they tell you where's the antenna located? I affixed mine in the boot, to the offside D pillar, as close to the top as I easily could, behind the pillar trim.
 Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #444291 Wed Dec 03 2014 9:23pm
Andrew2706

Spot on Thanks FKarim.... dealer confirmed that the antenna should have been factory fitted to the rear spoiler...and guess what ..They forgot...should be fitted by dealer tomorrow, so hopefully the end of the chapter...

Post #444373 Thu Dec 04 2014 6:52pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
The people building these cars are very casual Rolling with laughter Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #444375 Thu Dec 04 2014 7:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123