RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Remote Park Heat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

No...on the RRS2 in contrast to the prior model land and the D3/4 the fuel burning heater is not fitted! That's why it cost a grand for the option. JLR confirmed this to me on an e mail last winter.

Post #440571 Mon Oct 27 2014 8:55am
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

muddywheels wrote:
I have a Black Edition with timed climate - was advised it needed a remote and activation (£150) but now been told it also needs antenna and receiver (£500+) so day wasted and 100 mile trip Evil or Very Mad

I am told the price quoted was for an AutoBio (antenna/receiver already fitted?) so you may be lucky Confused

Then again unless a member on here confirms any of this I remain sceptical on anything said by LR or its representatives Whistle

Aux heater is O/S behind headlamp and has a small exhaust down behind bumper I believe Thumbs Up
As i have said before, I paid £165 including postage for the Receiver and antenna, From Landrover Yeovil Somerset, And a remote blipper off Ebay for £20. Then it cost £50 for Indie to activate softwareThe reciever and antenna are plug and play,as plug is already behind O/S panel in boot and a bracket ready to clip reciever into. This being on a MY10 Could be same wireing Loom on new model itisme

Post #440583 Mon Oct 27 2014 10:02am
Andrew2706

The G Man wrote:
A luxury but well worth it if you start out early...we use it a lot.

tried out the timed climate and worked very well, but have not managed to get this to work via the remote, even standing by the car at 4 degree C. The dealer has checked the car and remote and insists the remote will only work at about 5 degree C or less. Now waiting to see if it will work at 0 degree or less before I challenge the dealer again.....

Post #441484 Tue Nov 04 2014 6:47pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

IMHO the whole point of the remote is that you can start it when you want it regardless of the temperature. I have used the remote function on mine (not L494) at about 10 degrees and it worked. In fact, since it is not just about heating, I have used it at 28 degrees too and it ventilated the car ready for me. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #441485 Tue Nov 04 2014 6:54pm
harrygh60

Correct, It is a multifunction system, It defrosts windscreen and warms car,warms engine water,so starts easyier. In warm weather it will just operate the fan and cool the cabin. And will not start the FBH. Muddy wheels i have just noticed you said the FBH was O/S behind Headlamp,it is N/S forewards to Battery and Fuse box. Yes the exhaust from it runs down near front N/S wheel arch. You can hear it running before starting the engine itisme

Post #441542 Wed Nov 05 2014 10:19am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Just to confirm for 2010 models onwards (not including the RRS2 as I'm unsure the strategy that uses), when using the remote, the FBH will cut in at less than 15C. If 15C or greater, then it will put the fans on to get the hot air circulating, it will NOT run the aircon! Smile

I have found that the reliable way to get it to work, is to ensure that the fan is on auto but the temperature is selected 23degrees.

Ian Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #441548 Wed Nov 05 2014 10:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
harrygh60

Andrew2706 wrote:
The G Man wrote:
A luxury but well worth it if you start out early...we use it a lot.

tried out the timed climate and worked very well, but have not managed to get this to work via the remote, even standing by the car at 4 degree C. The dealer has checked the car and remote and insists the remote will only work at about 5 degree C or less. Now waiting to see if it will work at 0 degree or less before I challenge the dealer again.....
Andrew as Bodsy has just posted it should work at 15C , Has your car got the Reciever and aerial fitted. Some people buy the remote thinking it will work the FBH,it needs these parts to work.It also needs the software to be activated .The remote should work upto 1000 metres distants.What year is your RRS? itisme

Post #441665 Thu Nov 06 2014 9:19am
Andrew2706

Thanks Harry, its this years model, and I had to pay £1000 for the park heat. I have now found the section in the manual that states "Illuminates green and quickly flashes red to indicate there is no communication with the receiver" My dealer initially said "They had checked the receiver, and I needed to wait for a lower temperature for it to activate" With 1 degree C showing this morning and still no joy, its off to the dealer AGAIN at the weekend.....

Post #441762 Thu Nov 06 2014 7:43pm
Andrew2706

well here's the update....after 4 trips to the dealer the remote park heat fob will now "talk to the receiver" and activate the RPH but only from about 8 feet from the car. But NOT from my house to the drive, even leaning out of the front door which is about 15 feet away to my car in the drive. The dealer has returned the car and said "They will do a bit more investigating with JLR" Can anyone quote on how far away their remote park heat fob works on a MY14 RRS. Thanks

Post #444177 Tue Dec 02 2014 8:14pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Funny, he last few mornings when I've started it, I've been keeping an eye close to the front wheel where I was used to seeing the exhaust from the FBH on my 2010 firing up.

Does the L494 2014 model not have the FBH as standard? MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #444180 Tue Dec 02 2014 8:24pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Andrew2706 wrote:
Can anyone quote on how far away their remote park heat fob works on a MY14 RRS.
Mine is the old model, not MY14 I know but it shouldn't be too different (if at all). It has a range of at least 80m.

Did they tell you where's the antenna located? I affixed mine in the boot, to the offside D pillar, as close to the top as I easily could, behind the pillar trim. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #444184 Tue Dec 02 2014 8:52pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

big pimp wrote:
Does the L494 2014 model not have the FBH as standard?
Not according to peanutbob above Crying or Very sad :
peanutbob wrote:
No...on the RRS2 in contrast to the prior model land and the D3/4 the fuel burning heater is not fitted! That's why it cost a grand for the option. JLR confirmed this to me on an e mail last winter.
 Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #444185 Tue Dec 02 2014 8:55pm
Disco

United Kingdom 

No it does not.

Remote timed climate gives heat or air movement/ventilaton. Timed by the touch screen or remote by the handset.

When the FBH is fitted it will come on at less than 12 degrees c when you start the engine. In remote use it will heat the inside unless it is minus lots, here it will heat the engine.

The FBH is an option.

The std car has a electric element in the heater duct to heat the incoming air to cabin.

Post #444186 Tue Dec 02 2014 9:01pm
UK Guy

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Mine is also the old shape Rrs and I can use the remote from my office building to the car which is over 125m away with no issues. My one was factory fitted as standard (autobiography).
It's a great extra. When it gets colder I will set the timed climate to click in but as it's not been frosty to much I just blip the remote when needed. RRS HSE with a few extras & a
2013 RRS Autobiography

Post #444188 Tue Dec 02 2014 9:20pm
rigsby

England 

Mine is a 2012 and the remote works as I am coming up the 18th fairway which must be 150-170 yds from the car Thumbs Up MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #444206 Wed Dec 03 2014 12:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>