RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Ivory Interior Dilema
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Ivory Interior Dilema

Dilema..... Iīm just a about to spec up......
How much hard work has it been keeping your Ivory seats clean........ Blue jeans stain transfer.. any spills.... etc

I have a i year old baby as well... who may not be kind to them.......

I want the Ivory... but also need to be sensible.....I will treat them with Gtech protector....or similar

Any opinions... advice or experiences....
Or an I bonkers and should go darker...

Thx 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #399397 Tue Oct 22 2013 8:37am
Beancounter_74

England 

I had Ivory in my RRS Cool . Looked amazing, I love looking after my cars, had all the stuff from GTechniq and LTT Leather/Dr Leather........but I wouldn't have it again, was just too much of a pain to keep looking tip top. Lots of companies claim to have the dye transfer problem covered, but the reality is, it still transfers and when it does it looks Censored . Wink ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #399399 Tue Oct 22 2013 8:51am
RRS Daz

Well it doesn't matter to me what colour the leather, I always put covers (and a throw) on the rear seats to protect the leather from the baby seat impression getting pushed into leather, then also the mess the kids make.

Then for front you could get the cheap plastic ones if you are dirty, say if you a walker etc.

I wouldn't let it put me off.

Post #399402 Tue Oct 22 2013 9:38am
MXSRR

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Sumatra Black

I agree with RSS Daz.

I would rather sit in a nice light airy cabin than a dark cave. Seat cover is a good option for the driver, and a blanket for the back seats for daily use, you can take the protection off if you are using the car for special occasions and want a nice clean uncluttered look Thumbs Up MY2007 RRS TDV8 Black - tinted glass - side steps- stormer grille - 20" diamond cut alloys - alpaca leather - TV/DVD pack - some blingy chrome bits & bob's

Post #399405 Tue Oct 22 2013 9:44am
Beancounter_74

England 

Confused Never understand the point of covers (unless you're shooting or something else suitably muddy/wet Shocked ), basically you're keeping the car looking nice for the next owner rather than enjoying it yourself.

Lots of other non-dark colours out there too Wink ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #399409 Tue Oct 22 2013 10:04am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

mine has ivory its now had it from new now 4 years old and looks perfect and had no special trratment will order it again Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #399414 Tue Oct 22 2013 10:40am
RRS Daz

Beancounter_74 wrote:
Confused Never understand the point of covers (unless you're shooting or something else suitably muddy/wet Shocked ), basically you're keeping the car looking nice for the next owner rather than enjoying it yourself.

Lots of other non-dark colours out there too Wink

For me the point in covers is to protect leather from the bottom of the baby seats (makes an impression into leather, which I agree will come out after a while) also so I'm not a grumpy dad and let the kids eat without shouting "watch the leather" that's no matter what colour the leather.

Driver and passengers seats don't have covers unless I've been out walking dog and muddy again even if I hat black leather I'd still do that.

I agree tho you do have to enjoy the leather at some point or we might aswell put plastic covers on our sofas too Laughing

Post #399416 Tue Oct 22 2013 10:57am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I have had a ffrr and rrs loaner with ivory done under 1k miles full of marks and jean dye on seat edges - admittedly being a loan car they would be unloved Sad

When I got rid of my 4 year old rrs with almond interior it had some jean dye marks on seat edge that I could not remove and I do look after my cars Rolling Eyes

This time gone black and even considering seat covers for protecting seats when walking dog during muddy periods and while renovating house but would take them off for trips shopping and dining Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Last edited by muddywheels on Tue Oct 22 2013 1:45pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #399419 Tue Oct 22 2013 11:34am
MXSRR

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Sumatra Black

I would like to point out that I do not use covers, as the kids are not kids anymore Smile I use my car as a daily driver and I just use baby wipes if there is any dye tranfer from jeans, which works for me Wink MY2007 RRS TDV8 Black - tinted glass - side steps- stormer grille - 20" diamond cut alloys - alpaca leather - TV/DVD pack - some blingy chrome bits & bob's

Post #399421 Tue Oct 22 2013 11:36am
RRS Daz

Got to have a pack of baby wipes in the car !!!

What can't they be used for Very Happy

Post #399425 Tue Oct 22 2013 11:57am
Chrisr1806

England 

I chose Ivory on my order. Fancied a change from the black interior in my Freelander, and I thinking Ivory and Loire blue will be a great combination. Cool

I enjoy cleaning and looking after my cars, so regular maintenance to keep the seats looking good won't be an issue for me.

Roll on March. Very Happy .......Or April/May/June Confused ..... Arrived: MY16 A/B SDV6 in Aruba, Ivory interior, piano black trim, black panoramic roof, spare wheel, blind spot monitoring, mudlaps and more... Twisted Evil

Gone but not forgotten:
2014 RRS2 SDV6 HSE in Loire Blue
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black

Post #399427 Tue Oct 22 2013 12:04pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

A blankett for the baby seat is a great idea to stop the indentations.... and will offer a little bit of help with the inevitable food splatter.....

I just wouldnīt use covers as obviously good and purposeful they are... Iīm paying a lot of money for those seats and I just wanna be able to see them and enjoy them as much as possible.......

Interesting using the baby wipes.... but I guess you will have to use conditioner quite frequently as itīs bound to take its toll and dry the leather out eventually..... They are designed to remove oil and grease among other things after all.....

A dark cabin isnīt an issue any more with the Pano roof

I think bearing in mind what muddy and bean have said..... if iīm not prepared to be a little relaxed as to the inherent marks and a little transfer........ donīt do it......
Well there are 23 interiors to choose from..... I think I gotta consider going a little darker.....

Thank you everyone for your input..... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #399431 Tue Oct 22 2013 12:23pm
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Armour all leather wipes Thumbs Up

I keep them in the boot for whenever the leather looks dirty Thumbs Up RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #399433 Tue Oct 22 2013 12:33pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I think muddy marks are probably the most likely to occur and have found dark interiors tend to show up so uch more than lighter ones. Now driving a rather smart looking Van

Post #399477 Tue Oct 22 2013 6:45pm
Marsie

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

My old FFRR vogue se had blue/ivory leather seats and they looked good even after 150000 miles, the door cards were more of a problem to keep clean due to the grain pattern but i found a soft nailbrush and some autoglym leather cleaner was best for getting the muck off.
Must agree about the interior being a brighter place. My HST interior is black, black with added black Shocked and the biggest problem is dust!!

Paul

Post #399481 Tue Oct 22 2013 6:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>