RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > One to avoid !!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue
One to avoid !!!!!

The reg has been issued for the old Sport, WU07AWW. I believe the car is in the process of being "Fixed" and will be available soon for sale
So if you see a Cairns Blue HSE Sport TDV8 with black leather advertised with 49000 miles, one owner and full Land Rover history with sunroof, side steps, fridge, RSE, logic 7, enhanced speaker system, tow kit and flaps, avoid it like the plague, in this case it is a case of "too good to be true"!!!! Rolling with laughter having said that, it does have 12 months warrantee on engine, gearbox, torque converter, turbos intake system including inter cooler, even the wheel nuts Rolling with laughter and I paid for the Censored lot.... 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #388113 Mon Jul 08 2013 11:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pjb

I wonder if they will sell it as a land rover warranty used car or push it off into the trade so no comeback on land rover Whistle Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #388121 Mon Jul 08 2013 2:11pm
simple1

I am told that due to its condition and history Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter the car will be retailed to recoup some of the" loss" sustained by the dealer during the transaction Shocked
Only loss I can see was the one I suffered after paying my contribution and then taxing and Mot the car to have to return it two days later. Am still hemorrhaging money waiting for tax and never to be refund voluntarily. Looks like that's a small claims issue. Whistle 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #388125 Mon Jul 08 2013 2:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

It could have a 3 year warranty, it would still spend most of its time at the dealer awaiting to be put right Shocked I think its just one of those vehicles that will always have problems because its had too many inexperienced monkeys trying to fix it. Whistle Its a shame because it is a nice well specced motor. Thumbs Up

Post #388128 Mon Jul 08 2013 2:51pm
MisterAdam

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Good chance they could end up putting it in an auction to try and get shut of it so that there is no come back to them? Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Previous: Mercedes CLS, BMW 330cd M sport, Nissan 200sx, Impreza STi, EP3 Civic Type R

Post #388130 Mon Jul 08 2013 2:58pm
SPX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

I've got visions of someone joining up as a new member and being really proud of his new RRS TDV8, posting photos of it and then simple1 comes along and bursts his bubble... Rolling with laughter

Post #388134 Mon Jul 08 2013 4:01pm
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Rolling with laughter RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #388135 Mon Jul 08 2013 4:07pm
simple1

Would I do that Shocked
I really hope that the next owner has better luck with it than me. Whistle 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #388137 Mon Jul 08 2013 4:11pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

^^ is that a passive admission of "driver error" Laughing

Post #388139 Mon Jul 08 2013 4:24pm
simple1

Been blamed by LR for driving it too hard and braking it, being overweight causing the seat frames to fail and finally being unreasonable about the continuos failures. So no it's nothing passive at all. Censored
I drive it like its designed to be driven, does say Sport Bow down on back of the tin Laughing and at 6ft 1 and 15 stone don't class myself as obese or overweight and don't think paying 60 k five years ago makes me unreasonable when the Censored spends more time at dealers than my garage Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #388142 Mon Jul 08 2013 4:38pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Censored me, I was only joking Exclamation They didn't really say all those things in seriousness did they Question

Post #388143 Mon Jul 08 2013 4:41pm
simple1

I wish I was joking but no it's the truth. Like many others who got the operational noise tosh and the early turbo failures, these are all expected operational noises Rolling with laughter much like the bendy wheel rims saga that was a safety feature on my B5 RS4.......keep em in the dark and feed em Censored ! Whistle 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀

Post #388144 Mon Jul 08 2013 4:52pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Shocked

Post #388145 Mon Jul 08 2013 4:58pm
Bomber H

MisterAdam wrote:
Good chance they could end up putting it in an auction to try and get shut of it so that there is no come back to them?

Wouldn't be unusual.

I went to look at a 911GT3 at a Porsche main dealer, and after some confusion as to where the car was, the salesman came out to see me with the very frank news that they would be withdrawing the car from sale, as their pre-sales preparations had revealed the car would be needing a new engine and therefore wouldn't achieve the standard required by their approved scheme to receive their full support (warranty). They would indeed commission the engine replacement, but would then send the car off for auction and wash their hands of it.

Now it may well have been an absolute gem for the next owner, but with Porsches operating levels, I'm sure it didn't take them long to write that loss off.

I asked for the registration just in case I stumbled upon a bargain car, and they happily provided it Thumbs Up 2016 VW Golf GTD DSG
2007 Exige S British GT SE
Gone : 2011 3.0TDV6 HSE, Stornoway Grey, Ivory, Piano Black Trim, Paddleshift, Privacy Glass, Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Heated Steering Wheel, Timed Climate & Remote Park Heating Smile

Post #388189 Mon Jul 08 2013 11:31pm
MisterAdam

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Scary thought isn't it, I've not a great deal from auctions, did pick up a cheap 2005 Focus tdci Ghia in the auction's once which ended up being an absolute dog and smoked constantly until it was warm, looked as if previous owner ran it low on oil Confused

Can't imagine what shade of brown my undies would turn if I bought a RRS or a Porsche from an auction and it ended up needing costly engine repair bills Shocked Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Previous: Mercedes CLS, BMW 330cd M sport, Nissan 200sx, Impreza STi, EP3 Civic Type R

Post #388204 Tue Jul 09 2013 8:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>