RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > TDV8 resetting while driving
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

RRSTDV8DK

Denmark 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
TDV8 resetting while driving

Last week something 'interesting' happened - while driving the car suddenly unlocked the doors, 'dinged' and said 'Vehicle lean while cornering' and then it is like the car is resetting it self. Radio, Navigation, Info in the dashboard all go blank and after a few minuets all things are back. While resetting the indicators are not working, but the car is driving as normal.

It then happened again on monday and I turned of the car to see if that helped - it did not, the car would not turn over again. Lots of errors in the dashboard - 'Vehicle lean while cornering' - 'HDC not available' - 'Park Break ...' hazard lights blinking. I had it towed to my home and the next morning it started as if nothing had happened.

My rear ARB is sweating oil, but not dripping, and the oil level for the Dynamic response is fine.

Could it be the battery?

Any ideas? RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #384307 Thu May 30 2013 9:03am
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

My advice would be check the battery terminals RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #384308 Thu May 30 2013 9:06am
cossiedave

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 Autobiography Zambezi Silver

i h and also made it change gear better lol ad strange things going on with my old td6 and that turned out to be a faulty battery, a new one cured it

Post #384386 Thu May 30 2013 9:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8DK

Hi

Just checked the voltage on the battery. When left for approx 24 hours is reads 12.23 volts. When I turn the engine on, it reads 12.08 volts after 1 minut. When I turn the engine off again after 2 minuts, it reads 12.43 volts.

The terminals look ok, right?

Click image to enlarge

It still plays up - resetting while driving. The hazard lights come on, so I can not really keep driving, although the car runs fine. If I turn it off, before the systems are up and running again, it will not start the car again until it has been left alone for some time.

Any other ideas? RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #384719 Wed Jun 05 2013 12:36pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

check all the earth connections, it sounds like a connection issue somewhere. Remove the battery connections and reconnect, tapping gently with a rubber mallet to make sure theyre seated correctly before tightening up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #384720 Wed Jun 05 2013 12:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8DK

Hi Bodsy

That sounds very plausible. "Check all the earth connections ..." I may need some further help here. How many are there and where are they placed? RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #384724 Wed Jun 05 2013 1:11pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

there's some on the inside wing near the bbattery, and a couple of more important ones underneath the fusebox in the engine bay, so youd need to remove the battery and undo the nuts holding the fusebox and look down the back of there. also, check the big connector that is on one of the ecu's there, it may have corroded away. You will see it as a big plastic plug. if it's corroded the pins, you may need a new ECU as that can also throw up spurious errors.

other earth points are inside in the footwell behind the plastic trim, also the rear inside, but the main ones in the engine bay. Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #384727 Wed Jun 05 2013 1:52pm
RRSTDV8DK

Thank you - will go searching this weekend

By the way - forgot to say that the car alarm has gone off by it self a couple of times RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #384783 Thu Jun 06 2013 9:30am
RRSTDV8DK

The car is at the garage

They can not find the source of the problems. The diagnostics can not establish contact to the Dynamic Response Module. It shows an error on the Ride Leveling Module. The is an on/off error on the parking brake. Error code U0133-87.

Changed battery - still same issues. When the car turns over the battery push out 80amps and just over 12v and after a while the alternator kicks in and the amps drops and volts come up to 14,5v

Any idea is welcome - they are just burning man hours looking for something Big Cry RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #386951 Tue Jun 25 2013 1:33pm
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Hi I am at solicitors stage my RRS TDV8 keeps going flat and being unable to start, JLR can find nothing wrong but car has been flat bedded away now over 5 times. It was returned on 27th as "fixed" left locked in garage and failed to start with dead battery on 29th. If needed I am going to take them to court car is a lemon. You can quote my reg Number 462 RLP Queensland Australia JLR UK know all about this car. Again, they don't know what is wrong. We need to combine to hit them this is un acceptable. My car is a MY10. SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #387397 Sat Jun 29 2013 10:18pm
RRSTDV8DK

Hi Meccles

Sorry to hear about your car. Mine is a 2007 and I had it from new, no warranty left. There is a constant airbag left front that is constantly on now and the suspension warning light is not amber anymore, but red.

When they disable the Dynamic Response ECU it still throws up faults, they've measured the resistance in the can-bus wirering and it all checks out ok. RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #387490 Mon Jul 01 2013 12:21pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Meccles wrote:
Hi I am at solicitors stage my RRS TDV8 keeps going flat and being unable to start, JLR can find nothing wrong but car has been flat bedded away now over 5 times. It was returned on 27th as "fixed" left locked in garage and failed to start with dead battery on 29th. If needed I am going to take them to court car is a lemon. You can quote my reg Number 462 RLP Queensland Australia JLR UK know all about this car. Again, they don't know what is wrong. We need to combine to hit them this is un acceptable. My car is a MY10.

Meccles. Have you had any issues with the upper tailgate switch opening ?

Mine was corroded and flattened my battery several times. Its a known fault on the forum but LR seem to know nowt about it!!
Whistle  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #387545 Tue Jul 02 2013 1:06am
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Hi Baron,
they have replaced the upper tailgate switch (at my insistence) door lock's bonnet switch alternator now memory seat module plus other items that they will not divulge. No joy. Car keeps waking up, or shorting out, and draining the battery away to dead flat. I mean dead, less than 2 volts. Myself I suspect a loom issue.
Been going on now for over two years, car is un useable as you never know when it will fail. Roadside assist cannot start it the battery is so drained their jump start units can't often do it. Enough. Take it away now. Censored SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #387549 Tue Jul 02 2013 6:41am
RRSTDV8DK

Garage has thrown in the towel after one week of intensive search, being very fair and only charging me a minimum of hours, but no solution.

Car of to the next garage ... RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #387584 Tue Jul 02 2013 3:06pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Meccles wrote:
Hi Baron,
they have replaced the upper tailgate switch (at my insistence) door lock's bonnet switch alternator now memory seat module plus other items that they will not divulge. No joy. Car keeps waking up, or shorting out, and draining the battery away to dead flat. I mean dead, less than 2 volts. Myself I suspect a loom issue.
Been going on now for over two years, car is un useable as you never know when it will fail. Roadside assist cannot start it the battery is so drained their jump start units can't often do it. Enough. Take it away now. Censored

Thud Thud Thud My god you unlucky bu**er.

I really don't know how car dealers get away with it Shocked

I,m in retail and anything remotely faulty ends in a refund or replacement Whistle

Best of luck.  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #387627 Tue Jul 02 2013 10:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>