RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Performance Stats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>

Kaine

United Kingdom 

p.s. I'll let current owners give you a proper honest answers - I'll put my fingers in my ears - la la la la Laughing

Post #39247 Wed Jun 14 2006 11:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: Performance Stats

Wisnae'Me wrote:
Another thing that's got me a bit worried is this stateent that I keep reading in the mags and I quote "Plenty to like, but interior quality is oddly lacking for a luxury SUV. People who have bought one. They are not happy inside"

This quote is from one J.Clerkson ESQ and is printed in only one magazine - Tog Gear. Mr JC needs to make up his mind because in his Sunday Times he in fact said exactly the opposite and that the interior was very hard to beat!

Fiona if you read What Car? they say about the interior
"You'll like - refined, spacious,comfortable, classy and capable offroad"
Their verdict - Almost as supmtious and classy as it's Range Rover bigger brother."
You won't like "The running costs (of the Supercharged) and the lower powered carsdon't live up to the Sport badge"
I must say that, personally I (and I think many TDv6 owners here have not really found this to be case in 12 months of driving the car, even though some more horses are always useful) have found the TDv6 to be perfectly adequate for most day to day uses, of course if you feel you wnat more LR Dealers can always sell you a power upgrade for a few quid more! Laughing

Land Rover Enthusiast said of the Supercharged
"To use this vehicle in the same way as you would a Freelander or Discovery is missing the point.What Land Rover has crafted here is a complete driving experience. You get the superb cockpit which fits the driver better than any other Land Rover. The controls come naturally to hand on the sloping instrument binnacle, much better than a Discovery 3. And then there's the performance....................." This was the Supercharged but the interior design of all the models is the same. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #39248 Wed Jun 14 2006 11:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The moment you drive a new car out of the showroom you've lost heaps - period! I would think but havn't got any figures, that at the moment the RRS will still hold it's value - the waitng time for a new one is 3 months and over so there will always be someone who wants it straight away plus it's a new (1 year old) model. You will find that this car is very reliable but I would say that anyway, the problems that occur are usually things that are not major. (Trim, sensors, paintwork and the like) and whilst this is a pain these problems are less and less on the new vehicles.

As a regular forum contributer you will appreciate that the majority of contributers are drawn to sites like this because they have problems or querries about their cars and so the problems expressed on sites like this are not the experience of the majority of owners. (Hope hat makes sense!)

One last thing - the TDV6 is sluggish but the Torque is great and for that little extra power get the ECU upgraded! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #39254 Thu Jun 15 2006 6:34am
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Wisnae'Me wrote:
Kaine wrote:
Fi,

re: reliability and resale - does it really matter? You know any vehicle can be a problem (i.e. 2 V10's), plus you like the look and presence of the RRS by the sounds of it - anything you buy at this money (new) will loose a heap of value in the first 12 months - yours will be long gone before that anyway

If I thought about it too long myself I wouldn't bother at all Smile

Kaine

I know your right and I know you understand how often I change my cars but I like to try and be sensible before I go Oh Censored it lets spend some money. Cool

Dear Fi,

As you know from your prev LR's they are rather more than simply suv's/4x4's. and the decision for buying one is barely ever a simple choice of performance or interior. We've owned a series of £60k+ cars, to be honest apart from the Bentley there was always something not quite perfect with any of them.The RRS interior is sumptious enough to make it a pleasure to drive and yet functional for the type of vehicle it is. I like it, I like it a lot as do a lot of our friends. One of which sold his treg the other sold a cayene and both swapped for the td6 hse RRS !.

We had an XC90 and the RRS is a much spritelier , better handling car. We test drove the Treg, Merc, X5 , Cayene when we looked at the xc90, none of them come close to that special feeling we now get of sitting in the RRS, and we average c 27 mpg and can cruise at 110, and with a bad back I can travel hours without need for a break..

You sold the treg, own an x5 that you don't like, your looking at a cayene. . listen to your heart - go for the RRS you won't be dissapointed.

Stop wasting your money on cars with no soul...... Wink P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #39259 Thu Jun 15 2006 8:14am
stuart2u

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Giverney Green

I have owned my RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE since January this year. I test drove the opposition (with the exception of the Cayane.....just too ugly) and whilst they had their merits, I was drawn to the exterior good looks and interior quality of the RRS. OK so we know that the 2.7 is not going to rip up the tarmac, but for general road use with a couple of people on board its perfectly adequate........no, thats not fair.....for what I want out of the vehicle, its good. If I want to scare myself I take out the Z4.

People look at this vehicle and you know that they covet it because of its looks. I know also that this depends on the colour you choose.......I've seen people walk past a black one without a second glance (Just another black car) but look with interest at my Giverney.

The interior is as 'executive' and stylish as you are ever going to get in any £50k ish top end vehicle, let alone a true off roader. Yes there maybe niggles with the interior handles etc etc but overall this is a quality interior.

Question why anyone buys an off roader, because most owners don't take them off road after they have driven across their local playing field in the first week of ownership....well maybe the wives do, cos they park on the verges waiting to pick up their kids!!!!!

People generally buy these vehicles because they are versitile, safe, fun, provide good driving positions and lets not forget are something of a fashion accessory. Of course a minority buy them to have fun off road, because they live in an area where a 4x4 is essential, because they tow a boat or a horsebox or they are huntin, shootin fishin types.

This vehicle provides me with all I want, It will tow a loaded horsebox without any problem, it will go almost anywhere off road if I wanted it to, it carry's 4 passengers in some style and enables you to arrive at a shoot or a swanky hotel feeling that you 'fit'. At around an average 27mpg, I don't have to worry too much about what its costing me either.

Oh and during the time I have had the vehicle I have had a couple of niggles which I stored up before taking it in to the dealer. I have had no major problems with either the car or the dealer who, on the face of it, provide a good after sale service.

So get the big brother version if you want the best on road performance, but with respect I think you need to get realistic about the interior as I don't know how it could be much improved as it stands. TDV6, HSE, Giverney Green/Ivory, Tints, Sidesteps, Sunroof, Towbar and Cycle Carrier, Tasmods Sills, Bluetooth and big smile!

Post #39277 Thu Jun 15 2006 9:32am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

If you've had a LR product before you know what you are letting yourself in for.

I have neither owned a LR, or any 4x4 before so can only compare it to Mercedes and BMW cars, not SUV's.

Compared to my current BMW I think the style of the interior is top notch but build is not up to BMW standards. I've said before that my SPort 3 series Coupe is VERY firm ride but after 54k miles in less than 2 years it is still rattle free. After 7k in RRS I cannot honestly say the same! Sad

The TDV6 is 'Adequate', nothing more but as the miles pile on the engine does loosen up a bit. The only time I find it lacking is on the M'way. Low down torque is good and I had a colleague in the RRS yesterday and he commented how quick it felt from passenger seat!

I think it has an indefinable quality that just makes you eqally proud/smug/smiling/loving the car, no matter what happens!

In summary, I don't have a single regret and cannot wait for the 3,000miles or so drive to Cyprus late summer! Very Happy Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #39294 Thu Jun 15 2006 9:58am
Josh

United Kingdom 

IMHO I think its very good considering its abliity in all situations. The interior is very comfortable and as for the exterior it really does catch the eye of those who wish they could afford one, including me. Its a hell of alot better than the Jeeps and the td5 Discovery I used to drive some years ago.
I've had no problem with my local dealer for fixing the odd niggle especially as they didn't supply the car. In actual fact they've been very good.
And as for performance, I think its very good Cool TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #39313 Thu Jun 15 2006 10:39am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Can I comment on all this marque knocking that is going on - take a look at the problems sections of Touareg, X5drivers, RRS and RangeRovers.net and you will see they all have something in common.................... every marque has cars that are less perfect than they should be.
HOWEVER, anybody who buys a Land Rover does so in the full knowledge that their choice of car has (in my experience of owning 6 and soon to be 7th, Land Rover product, undeserved) reputation for breaking down every other day. What I do find amazing is to read that, in fact, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes and VW, who have reputations for building totally reliable and bombproof cars, seem to build just as many lemons as Land Rover, in fact I would say that from what I have read it is BM and VW who should be in the firing line for the absolutely abyssmal way that their dealers and UK franchisees treat their customers who are less than satisfied with their cars. It must be something Germanic as I have experienced this as well it when dealing in business with German shipyards and engineers - the attitude is "How dare you find fault with our products, it must be something that you did to it that has caused it to fail.........."
At least with a Land Rover product you can take it as a fairly honest comment from the service staff when they say "They are all like that sir!" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #39319 Thu Jun 15 2006 10:46am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Fi Rolling Eyes

Why so hesitant Confused As said prev by others - You know the Brand Wink

One question = How many miles a year do you rack up ? Why is the cost of fueling the Supercharged so off putting ? You obviously dont mind throwing good money after bad when you are happy to change your vehicles every 6 months or so .......... [ over the last few years I have done exactly the same ] Also, the cost of the new 07 TDV8( which you wont see untill spring/early summer next year ) is going to be as costly as buying/finding a good deal on a Supercharged immediately - OK so it will be 06 spec - but at least it wont be the HST Shocked

Fi - if you can afford it & from what I have read = you can - then you really must drop into your local LR dealer and test drive the Supercharged - it really is a different car altogether .

As for build quality = well its no audi - but then I knew that before I bought it and I think the Q7 is ................. well on steroids quite frankly.

I do take on board the comparison with the Big RR - but that too will be moving up a bracket soon in price. and in my honest opinion isn't as nice as far as driving position is concerned. I drive both regularly.

BTW - if you do seriously change so often - then order you 07 TDV8 now & in the meantime get yourself into a slightly used 2nd hand-dealer demo or whatever - SUPERCHARGED for the next 6mnths.

There you go = PROBLEM SOLVED  
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #39329 Thu Jun 15 2006 11:36am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Fi - I doubt you're serious about the RRS I've noticed your post yesterday on www.x5drivers.co.uk.

Quote:
Yip I came to a X5 from a V10 Touareg and I tell you why. I wanted a end of the line car where almost all of the problems have been sorted. No need to worry what was it going to go wrong next which is pretty much how I felt about the Touareg.

Now on road I have to say the X5 is better than the treg. The diesel engine in the X5 IMO is way aheaad of the Treg. Off Road I would have to say the treg is much better than the X5 but again you need the correct tyres fitted.

Wouldn't buy a RRS and the write ups in the magazines pretty much knock the quality of the build etc etc and they also have had their problems.

Get the X5 you might be surprised just how much you will enjoy driving the car compared to the Treg.
 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #39330 Thu Jun 15 2006 11:47am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Thud

Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs Shocked - what next Fi ........ Question

Just make your mind up - I took one look at the sport 6 months before I bought mine ( sept last year ) and didnt have anyone to advise me. I liked the look of it - I like the Jaguar V8 supercharged - I like LR as a brand - I was familiar with the big RR .............. SO I BOUGHT ONE !

You name a car that doesn't go wrong - they all have their faults/gremlins.

You should buy a car because you like it. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #39336 Thu Jun 15 2006 12:20pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Just buy one and shut up whinging! Rolling Eyes Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #39339 Thu Jun 15 2006 12:37pm
Pelyma

England 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Even considering an X5 as an offroader what a joke. My wifes Freelander will go where that won't, put a steep hill infront and game over! If you don't want or value the 4x4 ability why buy one??? If you want a trendy 4x4 that can walk the walk then it has to be the RRS

Post #39343 Thu Jun 15 2006 12:48pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:
Fi - I doubt you're serious about the RRS I've noticed your post yesterday on www.x5drivers.co.uk.

Quote:
Yip I came to a X5 from a V10 Touareg and I tell you why. I wanted a end of the line car where almost all of the problems have been sorted. No need to worry what was it going to go wrong next which is pretty much how I felt about the Touareg.

Now on road I have to say the X5 is better than the treg. The diesel engine in the X5 IMO is way aheaad of the Treg. Off Road I would have to say the treg is much better than the X5 but again you need the correct tyres fitted.

Wouldn't buy a RRS and the write ups in the magazines pretty much knock the quality of the build etc etc and they also have had their problems.

Get the X5 you might be surprised just how much you will enjoy driving the car compared to the Treg.

Doh !!!!!!!!!
Thud

Dream on honey !! get your coat......

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #39344 Thu Jun 15 2006 12:49pm
Wisnae'Me

Scotland 

BoldlyGo wrote:
Very Annoyed wrote:

Quote:

Doh !!!!!!!!!
Thud

Dream on honey !! get your coat......

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

boys I was only responding to the guy cause I thought he was on the x5 forum trolling from over here just said that to get a reaction from him. Laughing

I'm still defo interested in the RRS my X'er will be 1 year old come December so I need to put my deposit down soon on what am going to replace it with.

Now behave yourselfs. Rolling Eyes

Post #39350 Thu Jun 15 2006 1:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>