Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Performance Stats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>

Wisnae'Me

Scotland 
Performance Stats

Hi, Hello,

Yes it's me again. Thanks for your help so far well to some of the guys.

Anyway have defo decided if I do go for the RRS I will 100% be waiting for the turn of the year for the V8.

Been reading through all the usual mags etc. on the 2.7V6 TD HSE and just on the performance stats got to say I am bitterly disappointed in them. Why are they so poor.?????

Another thing that's got me a bit worried is this stateent that I keep reading in the mags and I quote

"Plenty to like, but interior quality is oddly lacking for a luxury SUV. People who have bought one. They are not happy inside"

Now you may think I'm a bit negative but looking for some answers as to why so many mags are against the RRS. Looking for honest opinions as it's alot of money to spend to get it wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Post #39211 Wed Jun 14 2006 8:41pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

Gotta say it before anyone else! D3 HSE's your answer!

Quick, must find cover!

Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner

Post #39212 Wed Jun 14 2006 8:43pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 
Re: Performance Stats

Wisnae'Me wrote:
Hi, Hello,
Anyway have defo decided if I do go for the RRS I will 100% be waiting for the turn of the year for the V8.

Laughing Laughing good choice Fi Thumbs Up

Post #39220 Wed Jun 14 2006 8:58pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

The only part of the interior that i found to be of 'poor' quality were the door handles which seem to be made of very thin silver plastic, the rest of the interior is excellent. 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #39221 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:01pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

simonsti wrote:
The only part of the interior that i found to be of 'poor' quality were the door handles which seem to be made of very thin silver plastic, the rest of the interior is excellent.

for the 07MY, the door handle finish is being changed to match the alu trim - you've just reminded me of that one

Fi,

The only issue we noticed about the RRS was the interior space - just felt smaller in the RRS than in the Treg. To be honest we were seriously tempted by a RR as the interior feels sooo much nicer than the RRS, but finally I felt the the RRS was perfectly acceptable.

Kaine

Post #39224 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:09pm
tf9

Russia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Well I do agree partly about interior... For example interior of the Vogue (esp. Ivory Cool ) is really luxurious compared almost to any suv (and not only suv Smile )... Sport look&feels bit cheaper... but still it's better then x5, q7 and that kind of suvs. 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2014 Range Rover Autobiography, Causeway Gray, Ivory/Ebony
2013 BMW 530d
2008 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue S\E, Java Black, Ebony. SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Java Black, Ebony. Arden body-kit. SOLD
2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 Buckingam blue, Ivory. - SOLD.

Post #39225 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:12pm
Wisnae'Me

Scotland 

Kaine wrote:
simonsti wrote:
The only part of the interior that i found to be of 'poor' quality were the door handles which seem to be made of very thin silver plastic, the rest of the interior is excellent.

for the 07MY, the door handle finish is being changed to match the alu trim - you've just reminded me of that one

Fi,

The only issue we noticed about the RRS was the interior space - just felt smaller in the RRS than in the Treg. To be honest we were seriously tempted by a RR as the interior feels sooo much nicer than the RRS, but finally I felt the the RRS was perfectly acceptable.

Kaine

Cheers Kaine. Will let you know what I reckon after the weekend. Not long to go now.

After having the test drive in the Q7 I reckon it will take some beating

but oh those audi dealers do my head in.

Post #39226 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:13pm
Bobs_buggy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

I've spent a lot of time in the dealers over the last couple of weeks, so I've had lots of time to compare with FFRR. The FF model is significantly better quality inside ('though it doens't cost that much more). You'd need to look at one to appriciate the difference, for instance, the lid to the fridge is made from plastic on the RRS, but is die cast metal on the FFRR. The wood looks loads more authentic, and the steering wheel is in a different class (I wonder if you could swap them?).

On it's own, the quality is o.k. It's only when you compare it with something else it looks slightly below par (but still petty good).

My experience of the 2.7TDV6 is that the performance is "adequate", though you can feel (and hear) the engine working hard to shift 2.5 tons along (though it is smooth).

I'm getting a loan 4.4 whilst mine is in for repairs, so I'll be able to compare the performance of that one, but it seems that for all round ability (and fuel consumption) the TDV8 would be the one to go for.

Also with the TDV8, being next years model, you'd get automatic closing tailgate. Slamming the existing one maked it feel very cheap and tinny. Just compare it with the vault like noise an Audi TT tailgate makes!

Hope this helps.

Bob. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #39227 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:20pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Wisnae'Me wrote:

but oh those audi dealers do my head in.

I agree. Its a shame really, as they lost a sale to me the day they wouldn't even talk to me about the Q7 until I gave them a deposit. Subsequently I made contact with a new sales person who is excellent - but alas too late for them. I am fan of AUDI, as they do rate their engineering dept ahead of marketing - something VW need to get sorted.

Personally I just think LandRover (RR, RRS and D3) have some great presence on the road - plus will instill a lot more confidence in me to go off road more.

We just need to decide colour still - Clare just isn't happy with Grey at the moment

Kaine

Post #39228 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:24pm
tf9

Russia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

As to perfomance stats... I don't know about tdv6 - but we tried rrs s/c and some other suvs on a scpecial track with some special equipment (Datron speed complex)... rrs s/c did 0-100 kmph (0-62 mph) in 7.68 secs and shown topspeed of 239 km/h (150mph) though it has 225 kmph (140mph) limited.. so it's actually goes a bit faster then it's limited to.... we also tried touareg 4.2... it was a bit slow: 10.24s 0-100 and 213kmh (133mph) topspeed... nicely done by x5 4.8 - 6.33s 0-100 and 248 kmph (154mph) topspeed.... and we were greatly impressed by mercedes g55 amg kompressor: 5.67s (!!) 0-100 and 212 kmph (132 mph) but it has topspeed limited electronically. 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2014 Range Rover Autobiography, Causeway Gray, Ivory/Ebony
2013 BMW 530d
2008 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue S\E, Java Black, Ebony. SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Java Black, Ebony. Arden body-kit. SOLD
2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 Buckingam blue, Ivory. - SOLD.

Post #39230 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:28pm
Bobs_buggy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Mrs. B won't let me buy another Audi after the problems I had with the last one. Car was fabulously screwed together, but the mechanics at the main dealers were animals and destroyed the first car (which they had to replace), and made a good attempt at wrecking the replacement (which I had to put right, I just couldn't trust them).

Pity, theyre such nice cars. I'm sure the guys that build them would be gutted to know what happens to them (at the dealers) when they leave the factory. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #39233 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:31pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Fi - remember the RRS is 2 1/2 ton of car. It will knock the spots off any other 4x4 off road (ex D3) I don't know your needs but this is a car for all drives. As for the interior - I actually like it, again I go back to the offroad pedigree and I think it's the right interior for the type of car this is. The driving position is excellent, and the looks are by far the best of any 4x4 out there. I challenge any X5, T'reg, XC90, Cayenne etc to an offroad day and they will not even come close to what the RRS can do. The money on this car has been spent on the offroad stuff - what a true 4x4 is for. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #39238 Wed Jun 14 2006 10:15pm
Wisnae'Me

Scotland 

Very Annoyed wrote:
Fi - remember the RRS is 2 1/2 ton of car. It will knock the spots off any other 4x4 off road (ex D3) I don't know your needs but this is a car for all drives. As for the interior - I actually like it, again I go back to the offroad pedigree and I think it's the right interior for the type of car this is. The driving position is excellent, and the looks are by far the best of any 4x4 out there. I challenge any X5, T'reg, XC90, Cayenne etc to an offroad day and they will not even come close to what the RRS can do. The money on this car has been spent on the offroad stuff - what a true 4x4 is for.

I agree you could be right about the off road stuff but to be 100% honest I take a 4x4 off road oh about 1% of my total yearly driving. So I've got to look at all tarmac driving, the style, what I like about it what I don't like about it.

Also the highest thing on my list is to own a car that I can jump in start drive off and not have to worry what is next going to go wrong. I've had a good read through this forum and I worry that maybe the RRS is still to young to have all it's problems fixed.

I have owned the big brother RR 3.0 diesel also we have had a couple of disco's and a couple of defenders oh and 1 freelander so I do reckon I know a wee bit about LR in general Our last was the G4 edition defender.

My other consideration is well after having the Touareg V10 I never ever owned a motor that can tow our Caravan or horse boxes like that machine could

so performance is high up there for us but not willing to accept the MPG of the petrol engine.

Also my other problem is not getting fed up with my cars tend to change them every 6 months. So as you can imagine I could have bought 4 RRS with the moeny I've lost. Not sure how the RRS will hold it's money.

Obviously I know guys on this forum are going to say how good the RRS is but I am looking for the guys who can honestly tell me what to expect re problems and any other wee things.

Oh and the fact that Ford own them Mad

I guess my perfect car would be the style of the RRS with BMW engineering and Lexus electronics/sat/nav etc etc.

Post #39243 Wed Jun 14 2006 10:50pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Fi,

re: reliability and resale - does it really matter? You know any vehicle can be a problem (i.e. 2 V10's), plus you like the look and presence of the RRS by the sounds of it - anything you buy at this money (new) will loose a heap of value in the first 12 months - yours will be long gone before that anyway

If I thought about it too long myself I wouldn't bother at all Smile

Kaine

Post #39245 Wed Jun 14 2006 11:04pm
Wisnae'Me

Scotland 

Kaine wrote:
Fi,

re: reliability and resale - does it really matter? You know any vehicle can be a problem (i.e. 2 V10's), plus you like the look and presence of the RRS by the sounds of it - anything you buy at this money (new) will loose a heap of value in the first 12 months - yours will be long gone before that anyway

If I thought about it too long myself I wouldn't bother at all Smile

Kaine

I know your right and I know you understand how often I change my cars but I like to try and be sensible before I go Oh Censored it lets spend some money. Cool

Last edited by Wisnae'Me on Wed Jun 14 2006 11:07pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #39246 Wed Jun 14 2006 11:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>