RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Wheels needed realignment after service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

tiggybelle

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Bonatti Grey
Wheels needed realignment after service

Hi all ... Just a quick one as I'm looking for some advice regards my range rover sport .. I have 22" alloys on it and each time I have had any work done at the range rover dealership that camber has been out when I've picked up the car causing the rear wheels to flare out... I had recently had a new tyre fitted and the wheels realigned at a trusted tyre and service garage local to myself so the wheels were good but after the service the rear wheels flared do I had to as I say have them redone. Range rover are insistent that nothing they would have done would have adjusted the camber though I find it strange that it seemed it did... Are they right? I was told by one technician there before that they didn't have the software to reset the car for 22" wheels would this be the case and would this cause the flaring?.. ( I apologise now if I've used any wrong terms or phrases!) Wink

Post #356431 Thu Sep 13 2012 6:53pm
tiggybelle

Oh no is there no one out there who can confirm that removing the wheels will mean the camber etc would need resetting Sad

Post #356547 Fri Sep 14 2012 1:26pm
Beancounter_74

England 

I'd be surprised if they did anything to change the set-up, that said, if it was ok before, then it implies that 'something' has changed. Confused

To be honest, for the sake of £50, I'd take it to a proper alignment place (preferably with Hunter Hawk 4 wheel alignment machinery) and get it set up again. Wink ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #356548 Fri Sep 14 2012 1:39pm
tiggybelle

Hiya ... Thanks for the reply but didn't really help Wink I've had it all realigned again already it's just everytime they have had he wheels off at the dealership the wheels have been out when ive colkected it and I have had to have them redone £96.00 the last time ..... oh well.....thanks anyway Smile more things have gone wrong since the service too but just wanted to pick a few brains over this x

Post #356582 Fri Sep 14 2012 6:55pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

If you've found it occurred before have you asked the dealers? and, if so did why didn't you expect them to pay for the fault/damage they caused?

Are you sure the alignment company aren't spinning you a line?

Post #356583 Fri Sep 14 2012 8:05pm
tiggybelle

Errrrrrr.... I've of course spoken to the dealers but they say nothing they have done have affected the camber as for the tyre place spinning me a line the camber was obviously by sight out after it had been into the dealers the rear wheel as stated flared out after it had had its service which was put right again by my tyre guy .... The dealership speak to me like it's my imagination but thought I may have got a more technical answer here Sad

Post #356628 Sat Sep 15 2012 3:18pm
mse

United Kingdom 

How do you know it's related to the service?

Also, they should rotate your wheels at the service Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #356645 Sat Sep 15 2012 6:53pm
tiggybelle

.... Think I'll give up!! I did say that there was no flare on the wheel before the service and then when I picked it up the wheel was flared out ... It happened before when the dealer had taken the 22" alloys off to put on 20" to check a knock I had .....

Post #356657 Sat Sep 15 2012 8:14pm
tiggybelle

And yes the wheels apparently had been rotated at service which is why I was asking would this have affected the camber or tracking....

Post #356659 Sat Sep 15 2012 8:15pm
mse

United Kingdom 

im still amazed you know...how do you know?

Anyway - your wheels could be f Censored cked and every time they rotate them it screws it up Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #356660 Sat Sep 15 2012 8:19pm
tiggybelle

I'm sorry what do you mean amazed I know?.. By sight the wheels flare out its not rocket science Wink it seems strange that you suggest my wheels are not of a good standard do you not think I would have had them checked?

Post #356663 Sat Sep 15 2012 8:30pm
mse

United Kingdom 

tiggybelle wrote:
I'm sorry what do you mean amazed I know?.. By sight the wheels flare out its not rocket science Wink it seems strange that you suggest my wheels are not of a good standard do you not think I would have had them checked?

Four wheel alignment can't be done by eye Rolling with laughter you may see something odd but I would be surprised you can do something thousands of pounds of kit does (you are setting the car up properly for tracking adjustments I hope!)

As for your wheels, there are a few sayings, one is if you have explored all the possible options those left however improbable are likley it etc

They won't change anything to screw the tracking in a service (unless you Censored them off and they are taking the Censored back of course!) as the wheels are changing its highly likely something is wrong with the wheels because no other variable is.

Of course the tracking place may also be seeing you as a cash cow! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #356667 Sat Sep 15 2012 8:54pm
tiggybelle

As I said it was an obvious flare out of the wheel that could actually be seen by sight...don't really aporeciate the language think its best if I don't comment any more.

Post #356669 Sat Sep 15 2012 9:00pm
mse

United Kingdom 

tiggybelle wrote:
As I said it was an obvious flare out of the wheel that could actually be seen by sight...don't really aporeciate the language think its best if I don't comment any more.

To be honest it was your language that p Censored sed me off yesterday - but you asked for help and i was trying to offer it... Rolling Eyes

Maybe read what im suggesting than inferring a tone...a few people have offered you some great pointers - no one is going to have the answer for you Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #356708 Sun Sep 16 2012 1:55pm
tiggybelle

Well I guess I misunderstood you as much as everyone else misunderstood me ... My tone was meant to be tongue in cheek as most the replies didn't really seem to answer all the details I had put in my first post ( which I thought was very detailed!) so was just hoping I suppose for a more definite answer which I have always found in this site Smile I know wheel alignment is done with equipment costing thousands of pounds as I say I've been charged enough the last few times to know that Sad but the flare is noticeable by sight it's that obvious when it's there ... I just wanted some ammo I suppose to go back to the dealer and my frustration obviously shows in my writing now Sad... ( that's and apology by the way ) Wink

Post #356711 Sun Sep 16 2012 2:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>