RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > 4 Wheel Alignment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

jakeob

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Just thought i would share my experience with this company today www.4wheelalignment.co.uk

Firstly they wouldnt give me a quote over the phone, and said they need to check what neeeds doing first.. Ok They had the car on the ramp for 20 mins then pointed out it needed this and that,, said it would be £ 180,, I agreed and they did the adjustments. Then the Techi took it for a test drive and said it still pulls to the left and it must be the tyres,, give me the keys and shot back in....

I was getting late for work so jumped in to find not only does it still pull to the left but now the steering wheel is off centre,,, as you can imagine i was back like a shot. They decided to swap my wheels around blaming the directional (New tyres)

I test drove again and NO difference , so i went back. They now put it back on the machine and could not find a fault,, they fiddled around and said now the steering wheel should drive straight

I test drove again and now the steering wheel was off over to the right instead of the left... I went back again,, they fiddled again.... This time it drove dead centre on the steering wheel and still a slight pull over to the left like when they started at 9.30 now 12.30

I got the feeling the last few adjustments were done by eye, as the Hunter machine wasnt solving the problem,,,

Post #370984 Fri Jan 25 2013 9:21pm
mjbrr

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

£180! !!! Shocked Get your money back and go to someone who knows what they are doing. 2009 3.6 TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Post #371008 Sat Jan 26 2013 12:03am
DrLex

Iceland 

mjbrr wrote:
£180! !!! Shocked Get your money back and go to someone who knows what they are doing.

First question to ask anyone offering to do 4 wheel tracking on a D3/RRS (& probably a RR too) is "do you have the kit to put the vehicle in Tight Tolerance Mode?". A blank stare or reply of "errr- what" or "don't need that, guv!" and you should be ending the call or turning on your heels.

(Here is one thread on the topic; Bobby refers to it as Geometry mode here.)

Post #371015 Sat Jan 26 2013 8:55am
jakeob

Yes not good service at all,, normally i would have shopped around for at least a fixed quote, but for the fact that i'm driving it to france this weekend end...

Just goes to show you can have the best equipment, but also need the right poeple using it

Post #371016 Sat Jan 26 2013 9:45am
jakeob

TTM??? Shocked Only if i had known yesterday

Post #371017 Sat Jan 26 2013 9:55am
DrLex

Iceland 

Sounds like you've wasted 3 hours & £180 and the vehicle is no better than before, and possibly worse. In your situation, I'd either ask them to do it again, but this time using TTM or a refund so that you can do it elsewhere at a properly clued-up place. These cars are up to 8 years old - ignorance of a manufacturer's service procedure is no excuse for a business that does wheel alignment Rolling Eyes No-one wants to breeze through £8-900 worth of rubber in a few months, thanks to poor set-up.

Post #371023 Sat Jan 26 2013 10:53am
madmackie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Just had my tracking and 4 wheel alignment done yesterday what a difference it makes according to the machine my car was "crabbing" 20 minutes later she was straight as a die he managed to even get it to factory 0.00 so couldnt be straighter and i know the guys who did it so it only cost me £25 big bonus "Remember its easier to say sorry than it is to get permission " especially off the Mrs !!

Post #373785 Sun Feb 17 2013 8:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12