Home > My Range Rover Sport > MY12 RRS SE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Re: Quick update

Shiny Silver wrote:
Just a quick update...

No issues or problems to report, now at 29K miles and 3 yrs & 2 months old.

Had a new windscreen middle of last year, due to stone damage... AutoGlass replaced it, but noticed a small amount of water in footwell within 24hrs, so Autoglass fitted another screen, now no water. - They said a misplaced seal can cause water to run through the heater system. Glad I noticed it immediately.

New set of 4 tyres at 27K miles, replaced a bit early as I kerbed the Left front at 50mph and split the wall, but no damage to the 19" alloy at all! Went for Goodyear F1 - pleased with these. Wet grip is noticeably better than the PZero Scorpions.

Still a fantastic car... no thoughts of replacing her. Smile

Shiny.
Thanks for the update Thumbs Up it's always great to hear positive posts - and gives us confidence in a cars Smile

Post #449467 Fri Jan 23 2015 11:50am
Shiny Silver

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Siberian Silver

Click image to enlarge

Another update:

Car is coming up to 5 years old in November, and will have around 55K miles on the clock.
She had a full set of discs and pads a year ago at 42K miles and another set of tyres at 50K miles.
Fitted a multi height tow bar to tow a bigger horse trailer (Equi-Trek).

Couple of minor issues to report:-
The short rubber strips under all wheel arches were hanging down, so now removed and ready for replacements.
The shiny bonnet badges are losing their shiny finish and the wheel centres are a little crusty around the edges.

But not had any real technical issues or problems with her!!!! RRS MY12 SE Siberian Silver, Ocean, Ivory and Walnut.
3.0 SDV6 256hp, 8 speed autobox with flappy paddles, Factory fitted options: Privacy glass, tow pack, heated seats, heated steering wheel, RSE, centre cool box, premium carpets, mood lighting,vision pack and memory pack.

Post #507340 Sat Oct 08 2016 1:56pm
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Maybe you know my sister, Shiny? She's a riding instructor, lives in Woodhurst near Huntingdon... then again Cambs is a big area!
Nice wheels on that there RRS, by the way Wink

Last edited by Slim444 on Sat Dec 31 2016 11:55am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #507354 Sat Oct 08 2016 6:32pm
Sasstig

Re: MY12 RRS SE

great RRS

How many miles you getting around town and what you getting on long journeys?

Mine is the same year and only getting 20 around town 27 long journeys and 360 full tank 80 litres at £96 fill up

Sasstig

Post #513179 Fri Dec 30 2016 1:15am
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Welcome, Saastig!

I'm getting up to 34mpg from the dashboard liar on a run, but when I did the proper maths it works out as 10% less than what the computer says...
So in the real world, 29-30mpg on a run, and maybe 24mpg around town- not that I do much around town driving in mine!

If yours is an MY12 with the 8 speed box, then you should be getting 30+ on a run easily, and about 27 around town, unless you're wearing lead clogs, that is Wink You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come callin'

Post #513235 Sat Dec 31 2016 2:18pm
Shiny Silver

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Siberian Silver

Hi Saastig,
Sorry about the delayed reply.
I have an indicated 29mpg on the dash over the past approx6000miles, that's all types of driving and includes occasional towing of the horse trailer... by the missus (but she does go slowly!!)
Tyre pressure seems to make a real difference to mpg. I tend to keep the live MPG displayed (it feels good when its reads 99 lol) and after checking and adjusting (UP) tyre pressures its noticeably better when doing the same journey. Also if the tyres are low she seems a bit slow off the mark.
hope that helps. KPW RRS MY12 SE Siberian Silver, Ocean, Ivory and Walnut.
3.0 SDV6 256hp, 8 speed autobox with flappy paddles, Factory fitted options: Privacy glass, tow pack, heated seats, heated steering wheel, RSE, centre cool box, premium carpets, mood lighting,vision pack and memory pack.

Post #514564 Sun Jan 15 2017 4:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123