RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Move to Evoque?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

rabbutler

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Alaska White

I guess circumstances and requurments would also be a deciding factor, less service costs no M.O.T less insurance are all things to consider too Rolling Eyes 2010 Alaska white 3.6TDi v8, heated steering wheel, Ipod connection, Aribica extended leather, Digital TV, voice activation, privacy glass, Dynamic pack
Now gone - Jaguar XKR4.2 v8 Supercharged
Gone - 08 RRS TDI V8 Java Black, Privacy glass 315 BHP tunit box.
Still have - Merc C200 sport
Yahaha FZ1000
Gone - BMW X5 3.0d sport

Post #307469 Wed Jul 27 2011 1:13pm
webb

United Kingdom 

rabbutler wrote:
I guess circumstances and requurments would also be a deciding factor, less service costs no M.O.T less insurance are all things to consider too Rolling Eyes

Personally I think if you worry about these running costs, then any LR product may not be the best option !
Confused

I don't think anyone should consider it as a "choice between evoque or the rrs or the ffrr" it's going to be a completely different vehicle so wouldn't replace either. It should be considered as a completely different vehicle and will surely not give the same type of drive / pleasure from owning.

But I guess if anyone is finding a full size RR too big, then it's got to be the next thing to look at.

Post #307478 Wed Jul 27 2011 2:27pm
Donithediver

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re: Move to Evoque?

I am going to make your mind up in a two minute read. New evoque 950 miles never been over 60. Hassle when I bought hassle when it broke down.. Promised me a car..delivered to my door...then phoned me 8 hours later said if I wanted a replacement I would have to go 30 miles pick it up. 5 fault codes... AA Said knackared battery taggarts landrover in Glasgow said it was fine after it got charged. I will tell you this. I have been assured every defect has been fixed. I will donate 50 quid to the most nominated charity if it is... You know and I know....we all smell phoo. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #496959 Tue May 24 2016 9:44pm
Donithediver

My evoque

Due back tomorrow. So watch this space

Post #496960 Tue May 24 2016 9:49pm
Donithediver

My evoque

Bow down Due back tomorrow. So watch this space

Post #496961 Tue May 24 2016 10:00pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Holy thread resurrection batman Shocked

Hope it's all sorted Thumbs Up

Personally I hated the Evoque loaner I had for a month couple of years back and would of left LR if that was my only option after 2 RRSs but thankfully the DS came along and I'm more than happy - 4000 miles, 5 months and no defects - a record for me since 2010 Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #496983 Wed May 25 2016 11:17am
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue
Re: Move to Evoque?

Donithediver wrote:
I am going to make your mind up in a two minute read.

...five years later Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #496984 Wed May 25 2016 11:27am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had a 2.2 Dynamic Lux Plus Coupe delivered on launch day in 2011 and it was faultless, I then replaced it with a 2014MY Dynamic 5 Door Lux Plus that was delivered with the InControl inoperative (dealer couldn't fix and it needed a tech from LR to travel here to sort it, after which the car ran well but had a rattle that couldn't be fixed) and at 9 months old there was a software upgrade to the ZF 9 Speed Auto sand the car never ran properly after that. It was destroying DPF sensors, the gear changes were jerky and not like they had been and it was not pulling away in 2nd gear like it should, holding onto revs until 4500RPM before I had to manually shift up and LR denied that there was a problem. After numerous visits to dealerships I sold the car for the RRS. I believe that things are a lot better now and as the Moderator of BabyRR.com there are very very few faults and issues raised about 2016MY cars, those that are are 95% regarding incorrect spec being supplied by the factory to the dealer.......... Evoque is a bit of a "Marmite" car - I loved my first one, I liked my 2nd one and had LR fixed it properly I would still be driving it. It suited my needs perfectly - I did consider a DiscoSport as a replacement but at the time it was only available as a 7 seater unless you specced some seriously expensive options which then meant it was available only as a 5 seater! Hopefully that shortcoming is now cured, the only issue I have now with both Evoque and DiscoverySport is that they now seem to outnumber BMW 3 series, Focus's and Golfs on the roads....... Maybe it is a sign that Land Rover really is doing something right that they are both selling so well. I know someone who has only ever driven VAG products, took a test drive in a Freelander2, bought it and is now changing it 3 years down the line for an Evoque SE Tech as they don't need the huge interior of the DiscoSport. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #496985 Wed May 25 2016 11:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Round here Evoque and RRS2S outnumber DS Cool Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #496989 Wed May 25 2016 12:15pm
Donithediver

Re: My evoque

hi,
so sorry I never kept you all informed about my new Evouqe. I got it back from the dealership on 25th of may. Drove it 22 miles home and was still getting a vibration through the throttle. Called Land Rover Assist and they sent out AA. The AA who had reported on the 17th may 6 defect codes on the computer. On its return it had 5 faults on the computer one of which was existing from previous the other 4 were new. Its been in the dealership since. I got a phone call today and got told the wiring loom is really tight on these vehicle and some multi plug was connected 100%. I can only assume that this is where the smell of burning was coming from. Anyway its getting an extended test drive today and tomorrow and then the dealership will then know if its a good enough repair. I have sourced the exact same motor in the same dealership so the question I am asking you all is...do I take it back or do I tell LR that I want it replaced. Its the biggest hardest decision I wil be making this month. EU vote...That's a real easy decision for me Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #498240 Wed Jun 08 2016 8:54pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

In a word: Replace. Thumbs Up John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #498246 Wed Jun 08 2016 10:00pm
Donithediver

Well gents and lassies..finally received a full refund for the sorry evoque..watch out if your in the market for one.. firenze red Wi black pack.. Dec 2015. My problem is now what do I buy. The customer service of landrover...bar one person was diabolical and same at dealership. The finance company.. well if you want to finance your next baby give blackhorse a miss.... your more likely to get Hinkley power station built than get any joy from them. Anyway.. I fancy a real change.. maybe Macan or Lexus..but it doesn't quite sound the same does it..Any ideas would be greatful.

Post #501901 Sat Jul 30 2016 4:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12