RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Would You??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>

kam100

United Kingdom 

i'm only discussing around the topic Super T, what do u take me for!!? Laughing Laughing Wink

Post #28302 Fri Apr 28 2006 11:47am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

kam100 wrote:
i'm only discussing around the topic Super T, what do u take me for!!? Laughing Laughing Wink

Laughing Laughing Wink Thumbs Up

As with all the best girls you meet, taken in the right way! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #28314 Fri Apr 28 2006 11:57am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

kam100 wrote:
Seems very expensive, but exclusivity comes at a price.. im sure not a lot of people will buy them.. but if the residual value is that low even after paying all that tax, its a big hit. Wil you keep the car for a long time and run it into the ground or shift it after a couple of years? have you got any LR dealers there who can fix the gremlins if it goes wrong?

YOu're getting 2005 cars, are they pre owned then or what? wouldn't be surprised if mine was actually headed onto a container on its way to malaysia right now then if thats the case!

In Pakistan, you can personally import cars, i had the idea of taking the sport badge off the back of the RRS, and buying a cheap BV03 LHX (example) plate and exporting it into pakistan as a 2003 Range Rover Diesel, and hence getting a much lower hit on the import tax, as the tax goes down relative to age of the car and book price, as the RR full fat has been around a while now, it would pass off as one, to the Mr. Dumb ass government official over in Pakistan who looked over the car.. amazing what a snidey £100 would get you as well over there! still an idea.. and one a friend of ours was considering doing, but didn't have the minerals in the end to risk it..
He paid £60K for a UK Merc E320 instead! and is now paying equivalent of £70k to get an X5 diesel over there RHD from Germany..

It does actually say May 2005 on the engine bay though, so would also have to get that off before trying this.. or alternatively you could just drive it over and take it off road to avoid the border gates!! but trouble is then you would have an illegal car, so you would have to clone it up to another RRS over there, but if you bought one properly, and cloned the other.. 2 for the price of 1.5?

You're right, kam. But exclusivity at what price? That's my dilemma! I would love to keep the car for awhile and yes, the local agents would be able to fix all the gremlins. They better do - they're the only ones for the whole country!!

These are the FIRST RRS to come into this country, In fact, no new LR vehicle has come into this country for the past 1 year. The 2005 vehicles were ordered in early 2005 but only arrived here recently. Hence they are all brand new.

Unlike Pakistan, you simply cannot bring in a car into this country. There are controls and permits. As with other things, meritocracy is hardly practiced here. A reputable company like Land Rover Malaysia, with all their credentials, could not get the necessary import permits etc. for the past 1 year.

I just visited a 'grey' importer last week and there I saw about 10 units 2004 Range Rovers (L322?). Brand new and imported from Gibraltar!!! Imported as 'used' vehicles obviously and subject to lower tax. You figure this one out! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #28542 Sat Apr 29 2006 11:11am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Why not import a 2nd hand RRS! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #28546 Sat Apr 29 2006 12:09pm
Bobby

Very Annoyed wrote:
Why not import a 2nd hand RRS!

I don't have the connections to secure an Approved Permit ...

Individuals do not qualify for one unless one has been working in a foreign land for some years and is coming back for good. Also one has to have owned that particular vehicle for the last 2 years at least. Malaysia Boleh!

Post #28548 Sat Apr 29 2006 12:47pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

could you not approach that grey importer and say.. if i get you a batch of used RRS' from England, could you get them in.. and i will take one off you're hands after paying you're fees obviously?

im sure you could sell a batch of them off.. and make a bit of money for your effort too!

i wouldn't mind sourcing a few used ones for u from here.. they seem to be getting rather popular in the motherland.. saw 8 today!!

Post #28581 Sat Apr 29 2006 6:03pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Bobby - are you thinking about pulling out of buying your long awaited RRS? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #28582 Sat Apr 29 2006 6:30pm
Bobby

Guys, its not that easy. Please remember that the LR brand is the least popular 4x4 in this country. Its name is synonymous with problems and poor resale value (sorry guys, but thats the truth).

Just imagine - LR is not represented in our largest state where, incidently, you'll find the largest concentration of 4x4s!! Practically every house has a 4x4 parked in the driveway - and there is no Land Rover agent!!!

So this brings us to the question of independant dealers buying new/second-hand vehicles in the UK and importing them into this country. Why would that dealer do that if in the time he takes to sell 1 RR he could sell 10 or more Toyotas?

Another consideration - 'grey' imports will not be recognised by the local LR dealer and there will not be any warranty. All of you out there who are die-hard LR users, surely you understand the importance of warranty?? OK. The local dealer says they will honour the warranty if the owner pays them between 10,000 to 20,000 GBP to 'legalise' the vehicle. Then again, warranty will commence from the date of original purchase/registration in the UK. So if I manage to squeeze in a 1 year old car here today, I will only be entitled to the remaining period of warranty. And I pay full price!!

The car that I have ordered and which is in our ports today is a 2005 build. I checked the VIN. But I have to pay new price + exorbitant tax on new car + dealer profit etc etc.

The MD of the local dealer is in the UK now. Something regarding the launch of the new Freelander. He has told me to wait for his return when he will try to sharpen his pencils (don't read this wrongly, VA) and offer me a better price. So I will wait to talk with him again before I decide whether to break my long association with LR or .... Malaysia Boleh!

Post #28596 Sun Apr 30 2006 2:31am
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Bobby,
I’m wondering what will be the new prices for 2007 LR models
In our country the Japanese or number one sales cars, past two years LR did a good success with intrusting RRS and LR3 but still Nissan and Land Cruiser and of-course Lexus took the lead Crying or Very sad

Post #28598 Sun Apr 30 2006 6:13am
Bobby

We have difficulty thinking of 2007... still to solve the 2005 issues. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yes, its the same here. Japanese are tops, X5s done quite well too. Of course the Koreans are around in quite a number.

Can't say anything about the LRs though... been missing the past year. The base LR3 will be going at around 90,000 GBP. so take a guess! Mad Malaysia Boleh!

Post #28610 Sun Apr 30 2006 9:18am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Bobby - whatever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck. Your story has been entertaining to say the least and your resolve is remarkable! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #28611 Sun Apr 30 2006 9:24am
Bobby

Very Annoyed wrote:
Bobby - whatever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck. Your story has been entertaining to say the least and your resolve is remarkable!

Thanks VA.

I think I've waited long enough. Now that the RRS is finally here I have to decide.
I'm afraid if I wait any longer, I will lose my zest to drive!! Wink Malaysia Boleh!

Post #28612 Sun Apr 30 2006 9:51am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Bobby you say 2005 ?

My car ( sept 2005 ) is classed as a 2006 model year by LR as I understand all of them are ...???

Bobby if you buy anything else - you will only live to regret it & be bitterly disappointed -

RRS is the best 4 x4 x FAR

All the best

MDP 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #29406 Wed May 03 2006 3:39pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

My god, Bobby... you have been through the mill with this haven't you. Let's hope your local dealer can work some magic with the numbers, but it does look like you're going to be stung by a very high price if you do go ahead with it.

As usual, keep us posted and we'll be wondering about you! Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #29412 Wed May 03 2006 3:46pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Keep the faith!

As MDP says, RRS is the best! I should know, we spent weeks driving all the other options and fell head over heels with this one! Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #29419 Wed May 03 2006 3:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>