RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Getting into extended suspension mode...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

foobar

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Getting into extended suspension mode...

Hi,

I went into my local tyre shop today for some winter tyres (it is extremely embarrasing when you get stuck in a RRS and a rusty old frontera comes and pulls you out!!!) and I noticed that the guy who was fitting them had managed to get the suspension to raise higher than off-road.

When I spoke to him about it he told me that I should press the UP button and turn the terrain response knob at the same time. Tried that to no avail so searched online a bit. Came across people saying to do it in severaldifferent ways.

1) Something to do with a jacking the car up a bit
2) Hold the UP button for three seconds whilst pressing the brake pedal.

Well, its frickin cold and snowing a blizzard out there so there is no way im getting out to jack it up lol.

Is there any way to do this purely by pressing buttons?

Post #283280 Fri Dec 17 2010 11:05pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

Not that I'm aware of, it's a function of jacking the car up, it thinks it's grounded. Best way to force extended mode is to ground the car in by going down to access height over an obstacle. Then it goes into Extended Height and you can manually put it into Super Extended Height as per your 2).

Post #283283 Fri Dec 17 2010 11:10pm
foobar

DSL wrote:
Not that I'm aware of, it's a function of jacking the car up, it thinks it's grounded. Best way to force extended mode is to ground the car in by going down to access height over an obstacle. Then it goes into Extended Height and you can manually put it into Super Extended Height as per your 2).

Hmm I think I'll give it a miss then, what if a sensor is faulty and it slams down into the obstacle Shocked although when I was dangling by two wheels over a ditch the other night that might have been handy, would have been quicker than waiting for a tractor to pull me out.

In all fairness the RRS is quite dissapointing in the recent snow we've had. Admittedly it's better than my old beemer and now the 22's are off and replaced with 19's on winter rubber its better but it's still fairly cack. And why does the bloody thing think it knows better than me when it comes to stability, when I am sideways there are times I just want a lump of power to push through it, im the driver... not the ECU Smile

Post #283288 Fri Dec 17 2010 11:17pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

U need one of these, suuuuuuuuuuuperb in the snow! Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge

Post #283292 Fri Dec 17 2010 11:41pm
Mail Order Ride

foobar wrote:

In all fairness the RRS is quite dissapointing in the recent snow we've had. Admittedly it's better than my old beemer and now the 22's are off and replaced with 19's on winter rubber its better but it's still fairly cack.

Not my experience at all

Last winter on 20" Scorpions was good but this year on 19" Wintracs is just amazing

Really amazing

Like totally really shockingly amazing

A mile up a 10% gradient farm track covered in 3 foot of fresh snow for you Sir?
Well yes not a problem at all in fact

400m of 15-20% back road covered in black ice that noone else at all could get up?
No problemo besides a tiny bit of tyre slip

My RRS rocked on the Pirellis bt on Wintrac Extremes it still staggers me

And no I dont work for Tata Smile

cheers

Post #283299 Sat Dec 18 2010 12:32am
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Quote:
And why does the bloody thing think it knows better than me when it comes to stability, when I am sideways there are times I just want a lump of power to push through it, im the driver... not the ECU

Thats why you can switch it off on the dash Exclamation

Put it in Sand mode on the terrain response dial and you will have all the power you will ever need..........

Simples Whistle

Post #283308 Sat Dec 18 2010 2:27am
foobar

Mail Order Ride wrote:
foobar wrote:

In all fairness the RRS is quite dissapointing in the recent snow we've had. Admittedly it's better than my old beemer and now the 22's are off and replaced with 19's on winter rubber its better but it's still fairly cack.

Not my experience at all

Last winter on 20" Scorpions was good but this year on 19" Wintracs is just amazing

Really amazing

Like totally really shockingly amazing

A mile up a 10% gradient farm track covered in 3 foot of fresh snow for you Sir?
Well yes not a problem at all in fact

400m of 15-20% back road covered in black ice that noone else at all could get up?
No problemo besides a tiny bit of tyre slip

My RRS rocked on the Pirellis bt on Wintrac Extremes it still staggers me

And no I dont work for Tata Smile

cheers

Well I live in the north east of scotland and the snow and ice is bad here, with 22's she just sits and turns the wheels in deep snow (bringing back so many memories of the beemer), in low box, no pressure on the throttle, useless.

I think the difference between 20s and 22s is more than you would credit as my brother-in-law has the disco with the 20s and his does seem better than mine, still not fantastic but you have to appreciate the conditions we have here are pretty severe.

Of course the 19s have made a huge difference but still fairly crap. I wanted wintracs but I cant get them for love nor money here so had to settle for some cheap crap (although supply vs demand = not cheap).

Post #283381 Sat Dec 18 2010 7:00pm
foobar

lespes wrote:
Quote:
And why does the bloody thing think it knows better than me when it comes to stability, when I am sideways there are times I just want a lump of power to push through it, im the driver... not the ECU

Thats why you can switch it off on the dash Exclamation

Put it in Sand mode on the terrain response dial and you will have all the power you will ever need..........

Simples Whistle

Awesome, thank you very much. Can I get the ABS off also?

Post #283382 Sat Dec 18 2010 7:01pm
foobar

DSL wrote:
U need one of these, suuuuuuuuuuuperb in the snow! Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge

What size wheels and what tyres are you running as (per my other post in this thread) the brother-in-law has one and he certainly thinks his old L200 was way better.

Loving the depth of that snow piled up on top of your wheelie bin Mr. Green

Post #283383 Sat Dec 18 2010 7:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1