RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Going for Australian lifestyle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Vadim wrote:
actually did not realise it would be THAT difficult. Since the steering wheel is on the same side in the U.K. and Australia, I assumed taxes would be the only problem...

Anyway, thank you very much for your information, I am going to look into this ASAP.

Angel, come on, bud! You are not that old ..... Thumbs Up

Vadim start here http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/veh...ndex.aspx.

Duties are usually based on the Australian value of the car, and it needs to go through ADR i believe.. one key component is the change of the European to Aussie FLUX CAPACITOR Whistle

Come on Angel, you owe us a trip, especially after the Anti-Shark measures we have been doing in prep of yours and Mrs A's trip Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #274801 Fri Aug 27 2010 8:46am
Vadim

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Fellas,
Thank you very much for your comments and help! It is very kind of you and very much appreciated. Vadim A.

Post #274945 Sun Aug 29 2010 3:34am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Yes the Flux Capacitor is the only tricky thing to get converted - it's these Australian green measures that require it but I think it's one for the future in the UK. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #274948 Sun Aug 29 2010 8:52am
MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

I very nearly ended up moving to Sydney 2 years ago, had the bid I'd been asked to go out there and help with been successful. Spent 4 months living there (in the Oz summer, which *ahem* helped) and we were all set to go, wife was 100% up for it, the whole setup / lifestyle etc appealed. Looked into shipping the G4 out there and although a hassle, it still looked worth doing and I'd have just packed it up with a few more spare wheels and crated it up. Still looking at going there in the future but unless my company actually manage to break into the pipeline business I doubt it'll happen.

Ex-work colleague has just moved out to Melbourne, found a firm to ship his D3 out for him and deal with all the alterations / taxation crap that vicroads want. Think it's cost him £1500 to get it there and as it less than 3 years old I don't think the modifications were too onerous. Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #275208 Thu Sep 02 2010 11:26am
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

BKHK wrote:
SP has to get his jet first! It's the military market that's popping more at the moment post GFC. The Government market would be OK if we had a Government Thumbs Up

Doesnt SP own Australia Question

Post #275257 Thu Sep 02 2010 9:53pm
Vadim

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Just went through some info about importing a vehicle to Australia, one of the rules says that I have to own my car for at east a year before importing it to Aussie. I've only had mine for 3 months... Censored Vadim A.

Post #275261 Thu Sep 02 2010 10:33pm
Zilch

Vadim wrote:
Just went through some info about importing a vehicle to Australia, one of the rules says that I have to own my car for at east a year before importing it to Aussie. I've only had mine for 3 months... Censored

Vadim depending on your type of Visa it could take more than the remaining nine months to sort out your immigration, especially if it is Skilled Migration, so you may be ok.

If it is setting up a business under a biz visa, well depending on how much filthy lucre you have will depend on how fast you get it.. or on a 457 if sponsored can happen within a matter of a few months

Thanks Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #275331 Sat Sep 04 2010 4:04am
Zilch

Vadim wrote:
Fellas,
Thank you very much for your comments and help! It is very kind of you and very much appreciated.

trying to get a few more countrymen here Whistle waits for BKHK to take bait Laughing Wink Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #275332 Sat Sep 04 2010 4:07am
MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Zilch wrote:
Vadim wrote:
Just went through some info about importing a vehicle to Australia, one of the rules says that I have to own my car for at east a year before importing it to Aussie. I've only had mine for 3 months... Censored

Vadim depending on your type of Visa it could take more than the remaining nine months to sort out your immigration, especially if it is Skilled Migration, so you may be ok.

If it is setting up a business under a biz visa, well depending on how much filthy lucre you have will depend on how fast you get it.. or on a 457 if sponsored can happen within a matter of a few months

Thanks

Just remember that if you're going on a 457 they take into consideration any time you've already spent in Oz and add that to hte ownership time, as if you're in Oz then you can't be using the car in the UK. This was an amusing one I found when looking into the importation. eg, if you've owned the car for 12 months, but been in Oz for 1 of those 12 months, you then need to wait another month to have owned it for 13 months, this then means you avoid some of the taxation iirc. There's also an oddity about imprting when on a 457, rather than full residency, but I can't recall what that is. At least as an imported vehicle it's valued lower than an official import and that cuts down on the tax due.

Sort out the visa 1st though, as Zilch mentions without a company sponsor it can take a dogs age to get one. I kick myself for not getting my company to sort one for us back in 2009, we could've had a 457 in 2 weeks Big Cry Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #275484 Mon Sep 06 2010 3:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12