Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Restricted Performance - red triangle warning light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

jezbot

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Restricted Performance - red triangle warning light

Hello all.
I'm hoping someone might be able to enlighten me with regard to a problem.
I've just got back from what was supposed to be a nice relaxing family holiday touring central Eastern France.
Just the sort of run/test that i thought would suit the MY10 3.0 HSE which I bought new, 2 months ago.
It had 1500 miles on the clock before i set off.
During the trip on several occasions i noticed a red warning triangle appear on my dashboard and a message informing me that the vehicle was in some kind of 'reduced performance' mode. This mode limited me to about 70 MPH or 3000 RPM. It usually appeared after i'd been driving at motorway speed (90-100 MPH) for a sustained period of time.
When the warning appeared I pulled over as soon as it was safe to do so and left the vehicle for approx 10 minutes before getting back in and starting the engine again.
The warning and the light would have gone out, and I'd be on my way again.
Until the next prolonged period of motorway driving, when it would happen all over again.
I've booked it into the dealership i bought it from to have it diagnosed (hopefully) but wondered if any other MY10 owners have experienced this issue, as i've not seen any posts regarding it on the boards.

thanks in advance for any useful info.
Thumbs Up

Post #274458 Mon Aug 23 2010 12:18pm
Aitchy

United Kingdom 

see my previous threads on this. After 3 failed efforts on replacement ERG valves and s/w updates, i have had a full LR Technical download and a patch written which seems to have cured it. I have asked my service manager for a full explanation as to what has been done and also if my beta test will result in a re call for similar models but it appears not and each "incident" is being assessed on an individual basis. I cannot fault my dealership (Marshalls Peterborough) for their efforts and eventual rectification. IMO I would get your dealership to contact mine and understand exactly what needs to be done as mine was one of 2 examples they had to resolve. My 2010MY RRS 3.0 TDV6SE is Nara Bronze with Almond leather, straight grain walnut trim, 20" 15 spoke alloy's, mood lighting and power fold mirrors Gone

Post #274483 Mon Aug 23 2010 2:43pm
jezbot

many thanks for the info.
i'll start researching your other threads now and hopefully be able to give as much info as possible to my dealership as possible when i drop the vehicle off on Friday.

Post #274542 Tue Aug 24 2010 12:25pm
GTO 0297

Australia 

Restricted performance range rover sport 2010 tdv6

first time 2500km replaced turbo actuator all ok until 5000km then again replaced turbo actuator, 11000km again ????

replaced again.

This happens when driving above 3000rpm or when going up a hill where the gear stays in about 3rd gear at 3000rpm or more

or when driving at around 60km place into sports mode where the gears are held for longer revs accelerate from 60 to 100km and again restricted performance.

Back to range rover 20,000km download software two days late again restricted performance. this is ridiculous. will i have to organize a trip back to range rover...... F____ Regards

CT

Post #279112 Sun Oct 31 2010 1:33am
Rudskibaliblu

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Had the same thing in France with caravan in tow in September took them 3 days to diagnose, 10 days to fix Shocked mine was mass air flow meter that had burned out after 7hrs on the road of almost constant driving.
Seems to besorted now though. Thumbs Up Now gone Orkney grey SDV6 HSE with body style kit contrast stitch ebony leather, privacy, black piano, 22" Lowenharts for summer, 20" with Leon LTZ for winter.
Here 110 black edition defender.

Post #279129 Sun Oct 31 2010 4:28pm
JonnyDangerous

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Had the EXACT same problem with my 2010 when driving down to the south of France. LR checked teh logs and they thought it was a problem with the turbo actuator but when they stripped it down they found debris and blamed it on that. I haven;t done another long trip but i do hope its fixed now.

Post #279154 Sun Oct 31 2010 10:59pm
jezbot

I just saw this thread and realised i hadn't posted since getting the fault sorted out.
i took Aitchy's advice and mentioned the software update to the mechanic when i dropped it off for repair.
The vehicle was given an update and returned to me the same day, and i've had no problems since Thumbs Up

Also i gave the dealership really good reviews when they sent me a customer satisfaction survey, mainly for helping out with an earlier problem i had, after a wing mirror was completely destroyed (by a white van).
The dealership went out of their way to temporarily fix it up, and this was virtually last thing on a Friday afternoon, 4:45pm! (Without charge)
Because of this rave review i gave them, they've offered me a full valet and a day at one of the land rover experience centres. both complimentary Very Happy

i have to say that i was apprehensive about buying a RRS from all the scare stories about reliability and cr@p dealership service i'd read about. However, other than the software update issue, I couldn't imagine i'd be this happy with the car and the overall experience so far Smile

Post #280061 Fri Nov 12 2010 5:38am
Bradders

United Kingdom 

@jezbot - it would be really helpful to know which dealer you've been to; Ive tried most in the Leeds/Wakefield/Sheffield/York area and have been spectacularly disappointed with the level of service. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #280068 Fri Nov 12 2010 8:51am
jezbot

@ Bradders - It's Copley Land Rover which is situated between Halifax and Huddersfield.
www.copley.landrover.co.uk/

It's a relatively small operation, which is perhaps the reason for the quality of service I've received.
But it feels genuinely friendly and more family orientated somehow. Which I personally like.

Prior to striking the deal at Copley I'd tried to buy a RRS from dealership's in Leeds and Bradford, both of which let me down.
They seemed way more interested in corporate sales than an individual one off purchase.

Obviously this is only in my experience and I'm sure most dealerships have both positive and negative outcomes from their respective clients.

GL

Post #280091 Fri Nov 12 2010 1:26pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Cheers - Jezbot; good to know. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #280093 Fri Nov 12 2010 1:36pm
jezbot

Just looking back through this thread it becomes apparent that the problem might not entirely lie with our Range Rover's!
Perhaps travelling through France, is the more common denominator here! Laughing

Post #280114 Fri Nov 12 2010 5:25pm
clausrrs

Monaco 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

It is funny that all this happens on the way to the South of France. Same happened to me on the way to Nice, with one exception: In my case the turbo charger broke which resulted in having to leave the RRS at a dealer in Austria and a repair bill of app. 4,000 EUR which was fortunately covered by warranty. The dealer said this was a common issue with some of the earlier TDV6 3.0
My tipp: Have your shop check the turbo charger next time you experience this otherwise chances are it happens right after warranty runs out...
By the way the LR Assistance service is a nice feature... they organized and paid for a rental car and the return of my RRS

Post #317816 Tue Oct 18 2011 3:36pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think I've just suffered the same failure - apparently there's an upgrade part for the turbo actuator that should help remedy the problem However, having a TDV8 they will not necessarily fit the upgrade part to both turbos as it's a fix on fail item under warranty.

Does anyone know if a service or technical bulletin was issued on this subject?

Post #321457 Wed Nov 16 2011 6:36pm
Cavham

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

So I am now having fun with restricted performance. It is now in for the 4th time and losing patiences with this, just the hassle of calling road side out getting the car to the garage and getting the hire car.

So far they have

1st visit - jan 12 power train upgrade
2nd visit - jan 12 value shut off
3rd visit - feb 12 replaced turbo vacuum and actuator
4th visit - today and lets see what they do next?

Reading the post, could it just be getting a new turbo? I just fed up that they check the fault code and repair and don't seam to look any further. As soon as I drive it around 90mph for any period of time pit goes again and back to the garage.

Any thoughts would be appreciated so I could question what they have and have not done tomorrow so I get it sorted once and for all.

Many thanks

Richard

Post #332277 Mon Feb 13 2012 8:32pm
Cavham

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

This gets better, I get told they need to replce the actuator??? I asked did they look at what they did 3 days ago Embarassed , they replaced the actuator. Rolling Eyes

So I have got LR technical assistants from H?Q on the case now so they do all the necessary checks to get thsi right. Guys if you have any thoughts please feel free to say so I can get them to check before I get it back.

Rich

Post #332464 Tue Feb 14 2012 5:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>