RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Restricted Performance - red triangle warning light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

pnchbeckr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

I just had this restricted performance red triangle issue on a 2012 MY 3.0HSE. Car suddenly lost significant power while doing about 70mph. Land Rover came out to the roadside and did electronic diagnosis. Apparently this fault warning mode relates to a myriad of potential problems - anything that causes the emissions to go even slightly off-spec will restrict the performance, for this apparently we have to thank EU regulations. In my car's case, the issue was a boost hose below the nearside front underneath of the engine, which had come adrift. The clue to this was an abnormal whistle sound, basically an over-audible turbo whine. Very easily fixed, once spotted.

Post #367490 Sun Dec 23 2012 1:20pm
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Mine went into restricted mode yesterday and has a slight whistle, will check the hose today. Typical as its 11 days out of warranty Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

It's been faultless for the past 3 years once the initial bugs had been put right. MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #367546 Mon Dec 24 2012 6:16am
pnchbeckr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

The hose that was the fault in my case is located behind a pop-off panel, accessible from underneath in the near side wheel well (turn lock completely to left to access; pop-off panel has four "raw plug" type fixings that remove by first extracting the centre core of the fixing. Warning - apparently older fixings will likely break and need to be replaced as they get brittle with time.)

The Land Rover engineer had at first thought the problem might be a sticking actuator valve which is located in a similar position in the front offside wheel well, forward of the wheels, apparently corrosion around this can cause it to stick, giving the same restricted performance red triangle mode.

Post #367553 Mon Dec 24 2012 9:55am
Landlord

At dealers now. It appears to be a stuck turbo solenoid which is jammed in the open position. One hour to replace and £180. Hopefully this will sort it, will update once I'm out of here and driven home. MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #367576 Mon Dec 24 2012 1:33pm
Landlord

Drove home, fault appears cured Thumbs Up MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #367583 Mon Dec 24 2012 3:35pm
Landlord

Driving along the M3 today at 4.20pm, near Basingstoke, 35miles from home, outside lane 70+, red warning light, engine fault, complete shutdown, not even limp home mode, coasted to hard shoulder. Tried engine, would turn over but not start Twisted Evil

That's the car issue, what happens next is unacceptable. Called AA, explained predicament, no problem will treat as urgent due to vehicle and my location, will be with you within the hour............. Stood outside vehicle on hard shoulder, 1 degree and snowing.............. One and a half hours later contracted recovery turn up. Load car and remove me from motorway to a Sainsbury car park. Unloaded vehicle and informed me that the AA would be sending someone else to look at vehicle.

Spoke to AA again "what time can I expect someone"

AA "we will be sending you a recovery vehicle to pick your car up, should be with you at 10.30pm"

"10.30pm"

AA "we're very busy today"

Amazingly another recovery company turn up at 8.30 to recover me again

"Where are you taking me and my vehicle"

"To Winchester services where I will be unloading you, you'll then be collected by another recovery for the next part of the recovery"

"I only need to get the vehicle to Chichester"

"I'm not authorised to take you any further"

Reluctantly vehicle loaded again even though battery is nearly flat and park brake unwilling to disengage.

Get to Winchester and unloaded at 9.30pm (5 hours since start of breakdown)

Call AA to ask what time can I expect to be collected

AA "will call you back in a minute"

AA call back

"Someone will be with you at 12.30am"

At this point I lost it....

Cutting this story short finally picked up at 11.00pm and vehicle dropped off at Land Rover in Chichester. AA kindly offered to drive me home and eventually got home at 01.00am. Nearly 9 hours after breakdown 35 miles from home.

Didn't once see an AA patrol and no one sent out to see if the Sport could be fixed at the road side.

To say I'm furious is an understatement, complaints will be made first thing....... Once I've called the dealer to explain why the Sport that has been dumped outside their premises. MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #373162 Tue Feb 12 2013 3:14am
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

that's shocking Landlord Censored RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #373212 Tue Feb 12 2013 4:44pm
Beancounter_74

England 

That is Censored poor service form the AA Sad
I'd be getting my money back and some for that sort of hassle Wink ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #373217 Tue Feb 12 2013 4:54pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Hate to see what a low priority call is Exclamation Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #373249 Tue Feb 12 2013 8:16pm
Landlord

Some silver lining to this story......

Fault to Sport is the fuel tank sensors again. Faulty reading showed more fuel than I had so I had run out of fuel. Sensors have to be changed plus another unrelated fault which it was booked in for. Unfortunately it's out of warranty by 8 weeks. However Land Rover have agreed to pay 66% of the bill Thumbs Up

Complaint has been lodged about the AA through a third party who have started their own investigation. Will be interested to see what they come up with ! MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #373278 Wed Feb 13 2013 12:05am
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

typical - a week or so before i hopefully get my new sport, and I just got this message today.

came back to the car after it was parked for approx 1 hour, and got a yellow warning light telling me restricted performance.

haven't noticed any restricted performance though?

do I keep driving it until my new one comes in, or do I get on to the dealer tomorrow? MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #396559 Sun Sep 29 2013 12:12pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

This restricted performance warning plus red triangle happened to me last night. 2 mins after leaving home parked car up at a friends very near, left it for a while and was all ok again. Should i worry? SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #397385 Sun Oct 06 2013 10:14am
easyrideruk

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

I had this issue come up on mt 2010 RRS Lux and all l did was insert the OBD tool and reset all error codes. All seems okay again. EasyriderUK

Post #462892 Mon May 25 2015 9:58pm
tonytiger

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

Easyrideruk..... Still ok??

Restricted performance came on mine today.... Was driving smartly..... Turned off n on again ok, tried driving smartly but keeping in flappy paddles ok???? Shocked 2010 TDV8 Bali Blue........ "Alive Tuned"

[URL=][/URL]

Post #465959 Sun Jun 28 2015 4:49pm
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Had this come up on mine today Sad pulled over stopped and started again all OK. I drove to my indie plugged in and fault showed air flow sensor Sad it's been cleared on his diagnostics and told me to go for a good drive and return in the morning for a re-scan and double check.

Post #480047 Mon Nov 16 2015 7:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>