RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > S**T Problems Already!!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

wackyjim

Scotland 
S**T Problems Already!!!!!!

Maybe not major but already have seats and mirrors that have a mind of their own....jumped into car this afternoon and got pinned against the steering wheel while the mirrors started seeking out planes flying overhead!!!! Why the hell can't LR sort out these stupid bl**dy software issues there is no real excuse??? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I can recall having similar problems with my Disco3 almost 5 years ago.......Come back S8 your attention to detail is already sadly being missed!!! Big Cry Big Cry......... Looks like a phone call to dealer tomorrow Censored

Post #261638 Wed Mar 31 2010 7:29pm
kman

lol that is quite funny! Laughing

but also quite sad too - you sure it wasn't someone playing with the settings for a prank?

Post #261641 Wed Mar 31 2010 7:36pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

No kman.. Its been with me all day went to filling station locked up when paying for diesel came back out and the thing went beserk!!! pressed Memory 1.....nothing...so had to manually reset seats and mirrors!!!!! Censored Censored Censored .... Not good enough for a so called premium brand IMO!!!

Post #261642 Wed Mar 31 2010 7:41pm
SkyWalker

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I think you have just used the other key of the set.

Happened to me too, when i took my wifes key.

When you unlock the car, all preseted ajustments of that particular key will be set. SW

Sometimes it is not enough to do our best;
sometimes we must do what is required.

Adriatic Blue 2005 RRS HSE 2.7 TDV6
Now: 2016 RRS HSE DYNAMIC 3.0 TDV6

Post #261656 Thu Apr 01 2010 1:12am
wackyjim

Scotland 

Hi SkyWalker....I have never used the other set of keys, they were left at home. In fact I never pressed anything on the key at all which might activate any previous presets I always use the keyless entry system. Sad

Post #261662 Thu Apr 01 2010 6:21am
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Jim. Give it a week. This is a machine which has just been assembled and requires a bit of time to establish itself. It needs a good few runs get the electrics charged. I had some electrical probs at the start, been fine ever since. 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #261666 Thu Apr 01 2010 8:41am
wackyjim

Scotland 

Thanks Gazzer...might just have to do that..have been locking and unlocking car several times today to see if the problem replicates itself and guess what its working perfectly Shocked Shocked Shocked I don't see much point in talking to dealer about it if the gremlin has gone. Just Very Very irritating especially after the similar problems I had with the D3!! and having enjoyed 30000 trouble free miles in the Audi....Anyway onwards and upwards Laughing Laughing

Post #261668 Thu Apr 01 2010 8:51am
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

happened to me once, foolishly tried to adjust seat to my memory whilst driving, found myself nose pushed up to the screen, it was like being eaten alive by the seat. Never happened again though, and never tried to adjust whilst driving again! purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #261669 Thu Apr 01 2010 8:52am
Tyke554466

Yep this has happened to my 3x since Ive had my RRS10 delivered.
A pain in the Ar$e really. I also have never used the spare key as it locked away in a safe !!!!!!
Rear windows when you press to close from driver seat, sometimes up and down like a bride's nightie Laughing

Post #261719 Thu Apr 01 2010 5:20pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

Oh well had to happen I suppose after all its a Land Rover product :censored !!!! Censored Censored Censored ... Just waved goodbye to the transporter carrying my 2 week old RRS with diesel spewing out all over the place..from what I can gather the high pressure pump has blown. The fumes from the diesel hitting the exhaust manifold has filtered into the cabin with the lovely new car smell now well and truly gone in fact the whole interior smells absolutely DISGUSTING....I'm now waiting for Enterprise phoning to give me something to run around in until the repairs are done. What is really Censored me off is that I told the dealers that there was a smell of diesel over a week ago just to be told that this is normal as its coming from the aux disel heater??? ( I thought that only kicked in when the temp is below +5 degrees).....I have to say that in the heat of the moment I feel like telling the dealer to keep the bloody thing...perhaps I will have calmed down by tomorrow Evil or Very Mad I suppose what isn't helping is having my wife say "Well I told you so" after all the problems I had with the D3 and vowing never to buy another LR vehicle Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry...Jeeeesus give me strength!!!

Post #262910 Tue Apr 13 2010 7:03pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

bloody hell, sorry to hear that!! i will have had mine two weeks on thursday, i am on tenterhooks everytime i get into the car after reading posts on the forum!! i think i might sign off for a while to preserve my sanity!! let us know what caused the problem whether it was not connected properly or whatever!
cheers
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #262912 Tue Apr 13 2010 7:15pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

Don't worry Dave I'm sure you will be ok....I'm afraid I have very little patience when it comes to things like this and I'm sure if this had been say a Lexus the minute I had flagged up a problem then they would have had someone from the dealership down to take the car away and leave a courtesy car within the hour...but with LR the dealer told me he couldn't help out as he didn't have a car to give me and advised me to phone LR assist!!! What kind of service is that!?!? Had I bought a S/H Fiat Punto from Sir Arnold then I might have understood but not for a vehicle costing over £60K from a so called premium dealership for crying out loud!!! Evil or Very Mad...Ok I'm the first to accept that anything mechanical can and does go wrong but something like this I'm convinced would and should have been picked up with a decent PDI and if this takes ages to rectify then dealer beware Censored Censored

Post #262916 Tue Apr 13 2010 8:11pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

All dealers for any make of car advise you to call the emergency assist in a situation such as this, I'm sure Lexus would do the same. The emergency assist have access to a fleet of cars through the rental companies which will normally of the same standard as your own car. See this thread for example. I don't see anything wrong with requesting that. Dealers don't normally keep spare taxed cars sitting around.

Terrible that this has happened in the first place, I wouldn't want that car back unless it is better than new - including the new car smell! WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #262922 Tue Apr 13 2010 9:30pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

RichardM wrote:
All dealers for any make of car advise you to call the emergency assist in a situation such as this, I'm sure Lexus would do the same. The emergency assist have access to a fleet of cars through the rental companies which will normally of the same standard as your own car.

Oh dear Richard! Its easy seen you haven't used LR Assist before! Ford Fiestas, Vauxhall Merivas and X-type Jags are among the pitiful offerings from them! You need to hold the mother and father of hissy fits to get a Freeby out of them never mind an RRS! I EVENTUALLY (after 7 weeks) got a Disco for the last 8 or 9 days! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #262928 Tue Apr 13 2010 10:08pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

Hi Richard...Maybe your right and maybe I'm expecting too much, just feel everything about today lacked the personal touch...car packed up, I'm really fed up Crying or Very sad ... told to phone an 0800 number...you are now in a queue please hold on and we will answer your call shortly blah blah...why could the dealer just not take charge do the leg work for me and make me feel as if my business with them consisted of more than just writing a cheque???? What I will say is that Enterprise were fantastic on the phone and are to do their best to get a similar vehicle for me tomorrow morning Smile Fingers crossed...

Post #262931 Tue Apr 13 2010 10:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>