RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > S**T Problems Already!!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Your right I haven't had to use them - and I'm not complaining about that Smile Mine has been pretty much perfect.

I remember a few dealers telling me when I've picked up new cars befoe that if I had any problems call the emergency assist as they will sort you out a replacement car. I guess the dealers also prefer that as it saves them the cost. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #262935 Tue Apr 13 2010 11:02pm
socalocjm

I had the same issue as well. I brought it to the dealership and they replaced the memory module underneath the seat for free , but a week later the issue came back.

Went back to the dealership and they found that the passengers foot well had water leaks from the sunroof drain tube being clogged up. They found some wires that were corroded , it happened to be the wires that controls the seat and side mirrors.

To fix the issue, they re-splice the corroded wires and now all issues are gone.

Hope it all works out for you. That sunroof drain is so poorly designed in my opinion.

Good luck.

Post #262936 Tue Apr 13 2010 11:07pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

My daughter couldn't resist taking this photo of her Dads 2 week old RRS Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Enterprise have given me a Freelander which is filthy inside obviously never been near a valet and with about 5 miles worth of fuel in it...huge scores on one side looks to me like its been keyed Shocked Shocked

Post #262992 Wed Apr 14 2010 5:37pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Show off!! Laughing You got an AA truck!! I got the local crowd for mine!! The last Freeby I got was absolutely filthy! 1st thing I did when i got it home was wash it so I could see a) What colour it was!! Whistle and b) if there WERE any scratches or marks on it. Laughing Next day I took it back and asked them to hoover the various agricultural items out and give the grease a clean off the door panels!! Big Cry Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #262993 Wed Apr 14 2010 6:07pm
SingeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Your problem sounds familiar - whilst I was in for my last warranty visit a D4 owner collected his (very new) car (from a warranty visit) and they drove it out of the workshop spraying diesel all over the forecourt and making the most disgusting smells. Needless to say he went beserk and they drove it back into the workshop and gave him a D4 loaner pretty pronto before he put off the rest of the customers!

Perhaps a good tactic?

Good luck with it - have they located the problem?

Singe

Post #262994 Wed Apr 14 2010 6:21pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

The last enterprise car I got was a FFRR, they came to pick me up in it, it was clean but got back to do the paperwork and they washed it again with a brush, it was swirled really really bad

Post #262996 Wed Apr 14 2010 6:23pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

Just been off the phone to ST and been told that number 5 injector faulty...they have ordered new injector and pipework which they say should be with them tomorrow...which probably means that I wont actually see my car for another 3 weeks!!!! Laughing .... Just hope they get the interior smelling like new again

PS: my daughter is still grinning like a Cheshire cat Evil or Very Mad

Post #263000 Wed Apr 14 2010 6:50pm
Vadim

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

OMG wakyjim, I feel sorry for you man. I hope your problems will get fixed ASAP. Vadim A.

Post #263811 Thu Apr 22 2010 2:02am
Vadim

There more I read, the more I get scared... I booked my car sometime ago... oh dear Confused Vadim A.

Post #263812 Thu Apr 22 2010 3:05am
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

Dont worry Vad, they not all like that, last one 3 years trouble free, this one . . . . touch wood purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #263817 Thu Apr 22 2010 7:39am
wackyjim

Scotland 

Hi Vad....As PPE says I think and hope this was just a blip..for the record got the car back last Friday and so far so good. I think I'm just jinxed when it comes to things like this Big Cry ...not sure why but I had a gut feeling the day i got the car that something would go wrong so lets hope thats the bad luck over with Very Happy I also have to say credit where credit is due Stratstone were excellent and had the car looking and smelling like brand new when I collected it Thumbs Up

Post #263820 Thu Apr 22 2010 8:24am
Vadim

Hey there guys,
Wackijim, I am delighted to hear you RRS has been fixed. PPE thanks for your comments too.

One things that bothers me a lot, is that when you talk about 50k+, it should not be the case of "I hope it is just a random error"... We pay so much of money, we must be assured that we pay for a good quality car.
I am currently waiting for my RRS (2 months to go), and I am very worried tbh. However, I understand that this site is biased, like any other. In the sense that, people mostly speak out when they have problems (and sites like this is just the right place), when everything is fine we enjoy our lives and cars on the streets, not on the internet Vadim A.

Post #263920 Fri Apr 23 2010 1:17am
Vadim

Also, I have noticed that people with using RRS with diesel engines tend to experience more problems than the ones with petrol. Am I correct.

Wackyjim, would you be so kind and keep us updated on how your RRS behaves Thumbs Up Vadim A.

Post #263921 Fri Apr 23 2010 1:23am
wackyjim

Scotland 

Ah well...here we go again....Car has to go back to dealers this week to try and exorcise the demons infecting its soul Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Everytime I take the car out I get warnings that I have gearbox faults one day then airbag faults the next...sometimes I get told to STOP immediately and SWITCH off engine ...which if I'm driving I now completely ignore.. I just wish the F*****G thing would self destruct as I'm actually beginning to hate this car. These warnings generally go once I lock and then unlock the car but the real annoyance is that the memory seats now seem to be suffering from alzheimers and just wander about to any position it feels happy with!!!! Anyway I phoned the Dealer about it and was re-directed to Stratstones friendly and very helpful sevice booking centre at God knows where and was told that the earliest that they could look at it was 27th May!!! Censored Censored I then politely told them that I would be away on holiday on that date and would need it attended to sooner...so it goes in next Friday and as they cannot provide me a courtesy car I will just have to sit around for 2 hours and wait for it.. Beginning to think buying a RRS was a HUGE HUGE mistake Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #265416 Sat May 08 2010 11:12am
admiral

United Kingdom 

whilst being aware of the considerable volume of computer /software faults on the rrsport,why do similar makes not suffer in the same way,i think it will be an infiniti for me as do not want to live at a dealer ,or are the problems faults being sorted,and should i risk it

Post #265533 Sun May 09 2010 9:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>