RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Dealers not stamping Service Log Book
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Endjin

Scotland 
Dealers not stamping Service Log Book

As my car is about to be traded in I was just checking everything was in order with documentation etc.
I am shocked to find that my Service Log Book - Which is never out of the glove box - has NEVER been stamped
to record any services or for that matter had ANY of the recall notices stamped in the relevant section either!! The only stamp in the book is the PDI Evil or Very Mad Not Impressed Evil or Very Mad I should point out that this is not just one dealer as my car has been to several for work and none of them have stamped the book! Has anyone else had this problem? 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #243419 Mon Nov 23 2009 11:21am
Jonny Fresh

England 

More common than you might think, I have the same and had the same at BMW, the thing is its not all that important nowadays, your dealer can do a print out of everything you have ever had done there.

I agree they shoud stamp the book but when a detailed print out is available its not that serious

Post #243431 Mon Nov 23 2009 12:20pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I had the same with my last service at Melbourne City Land Rover, they did not stamp the log book and it was only by chance that I noticed!

They have since corrected this retrospectively with the correct date and mileage, but a poor show that they didn't do it at the time!

Post #243435 Mon Nov 23 2009 12:31pm
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Had it before also.

When bought used the supplying LR Dealer didn't stamp the book for the service they were due to do. With the accompanying faults that appeared with the car led me to beleive they hadn't done the service.

Led to Merry Hell between me and the Service Dept. Stil, it meant that I became acquainted with the Service Staff quite well, quite quickly. Now we all play nicely together. Whistle

But it is sloppy, as JF says it's all available on the LR service system. But for the prices being charged for servicing, it's a bit of a slap in the face that they can't be bothered. They don't forget to charge you.

Still the Dealers should stamp up the book for you, as they have the details of servicing done, you will probably have to visit all the Dealers though. Mad

Post #243436 Mon Nov 23 2009 12:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1