RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > BAS Remap - WOW
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>

braddersmd

BAS Remap - WOW

Just remapped the TDV8 today using the BAS remap interface.

Has virtually removed all lag, pickup is astonishing, and it seems to pull forever!

I can heartily recommend this to all TDV8 owners - I can only guess that it will be the same for other variants.

Get in touch with Pete and get yourself one ordered!

Cheers, Bradders.

Post #231428 Tue Jul 21 2009 2:43pm
Killerbob

Switzerland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Funny, I ordered mine last week, got it today (slow shipping to Switzerland), and just came back from a small test drive.

The experience: Loading the software and connecting to the BAS unit was a breeze. I then downloaded the original ECU file form the RRS, and sent it off to Pete, who promptly (30 min.) returned the tuned version. Loaded that one into the RRS (which is a bit dicy as the dashboard gives off all kinds of warning messages in the process), and then went for a spin.

Initial response is that the 30-100km/hr pickup is much more prominent. The RRS is a heavy car, and there is just no way the 0-30 is ever going to be fast, but then the power kicks in. The sound is great (kind of savage actually Twisted Evil ), and albeit the TDV8 is a powerful car already, this is just more powerful. I used to own an EVO VII, and it was the same push back in your seat.

I have a drive to Scandinavia next week, and will post mileage and response feedback later.

Thanks to Pete!

KB RRS TDV8, black with ivory.

Last edited by Killerbob on Fri Aug 07 2009 10:20am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #231465 Tue Jul 21 2009 8:19pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

For warranty purposes, that was fictional right Wink Whistle Whistle Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #231485 Wed Jul 22 2009 12:16am
Josh

United Kingdom 

Since remaps have been around for a while now I'm wondering how many people have actually had problems with their cars or do they just dump them and buy something else at the first sign of trouble Question TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #231543 Wed Jul 22 2009 2:29pm
Killerbob

With Pete's BAS remapper the advantage is that you can revert to the original ECU map before going into the stealer to have any work done.

I am not sure it matters though, as I for one have not heard about anyone having problems with warranty following a remap. And, some of the remaps are pretty permanent, i.e. replacing the chip, or one-time reprogramming them. Also, some stealerships actually perform the remaps themselves.

But, WW is right, of course this is all theoretical, and something we heard about, and/or expereienced in a computer simulator.

Post #231559 Wed Jul 22 2009 3:28pm
RobP

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Had a chat with Gary from TD5 Alive tunning at the Billing Land Rover show on Sunday.

He is running a TDV8 RRS himself and is able to offer remaps for all diesel Land Rovers, with regards to warranty issues, I asked him about this and he says he is now remapping brand new motors on behalf of Duckworths so I confident there are no issues.

Didn't get mine done yet, but have had nothing but great feedback on his services on the Discovery Owners Club forum where he is a member and advertiser.

Once I get bored with the current performance I will be visiting him TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #231582 Wed Jul 22 2009 7:25pm
Killerbob

Just drove to Scandinavia, most of the way on the Autobahn:

TDV8 usually does around 200km/hr, but with the BAS, WOW. Clocked on an independent GPS, 215km/hr!!! And the acceleration is just unbelievable. Not just the 30-100, but the entire range. Cruising at 140km/hr, and then putting the right foot down, and not really stopping the noticeable acceleration all the way up to 200km/hr.

Fuel usage wasn't bad either. Normal driving at home I'm getting 10l/100km. On the autobahn, going 140-200km/hr, 11.5l/100km, and in Scandinavia, with speed-limits (130km/hr), 9.5l/100km.

Last edited by Killerbob on Fri Aug 07 2009 10:22am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #231930 Mon Jul 27 2009 12:47pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Good news Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #231934 Mon Jul 27 2009 1:28pm
lou-lou

United Kingdom 
WOW

Hi,

I'm new here.

Just installed a BAS remap to my Sport TDV8. It was quick before but now it's got fantastic performance. Took about 1/2 hour to do from start to finish.

Then out for a quick spin which was timed nicely to meet a Boy racer with a big exhaust pipe who was trying very hard to impress me Wink Rolling with laughter

When the dual carriageway cleared I slipped over to the inside lane while the boy did his stuff in the outside lane and then said tatty bye Twisted Evil Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Thanks Pete Thumbs Up Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'll pop back to update you'all in a few days.

Post #232013 Tue Jul 28 2009 12:48pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Another happy customer Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #232014 Tue Jul 28 2009 12:57pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

HI

Firstly, thank you to all of you who have posted feedback on the forum, its nice to here such good news and that my product is giving what i have worked so hard to acheve.

Secondly regarding some peoples questions about safe limts etc etc.

When tuning the files for the cars i use some of the major component levels safe working limits to decide what my tuning wil give and how it is deliverd.
In some cases the limits of a standard component is lower than i would like but still i will work with the LR recomended component limits.

Regarding the TD5Alive mapping, i can assure you that his tuning will be as safe as mine.
I can say this because i have supplied him the base modifyed files to write with his tools for all the later cars including the TDV8 Puma TDV6 Freelander2 just as i have with most of the countrys tuning suppliers which use my slave tuning tools for the programming and brand as there own.
He may adjust them very very slightly to taylor to each car, but in a nut shell its my tuning he sells to customers and duckworth landrover.

Pete 

Post #232021 Tue Jul 28 2009 1:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gianluca

Italy 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I Pete, as I told you some weeks ago, I will be back to you in September to buy the interface for the TDV6, after holidays.
Bye now. Cool

bellautos wrote:
HI

Firstly, thank you to all of you who have posted feedback on the forum, its nice to here such good news and that my product is giving what i have worked so hard to acheve.

Secondly regarding some peoples questions about safe limts etc etc.

When tuning the files for the cars i use some of the major component levels safe working limits to decide what my tuning wil give and how it is deliverd.
In some cases the limits of a standard component is lower than i would like but still i will work with the LR recomended component limits.

Regarding the TD5Alive mapping, i can assure you that his tuning will be as safe as mine.
I can say this because i have supplied him the base modifyed files to write with his tools for all the later cars including the TDV8 Puma TDV6 Freelander2 just as i have with most of the countrys tuning suppliers which use my slave tuning tools for the programming and brand as there own.
He may adjust them very very slightly to taylor to each car, but in a nut shell its my tuning he sells to customers and duckworth landrover.

Pete
 My gallery: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=994

Post #232025 Tue Jul 28 2009 2:33pm
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Having now had the BAS re-map (switchable) on my TDV8 for over 12 months, I can honestly say I have had no problems at all and just enjoy the driving experience of the RRS.

I needed to take her to the stealers the other week so took the re-map off - boy oh boy was the drive there so boring Big Cry but on the way back I stopped at a layby and put the map back on - oh the joy Thumbs Up

Anyone that has one of these switchable units and has been using it for a while can I suggest you conduct a small excercise and take the map off for a day - then put it back on and feel the difference all over again Very Happy Thumbs Up Very Happy "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #232255 Thu Jul 30 2009 11:00am
lou-lou

United Kingdom 
BAS switchable remap

Had my first decent drive today with it. So first impressions:-

1) Very smooth effortless performance from standstill.
2) Mid range performance ie. overtaking without changing to sport mode is a WOW Exclamation It just immediately pulls and pulls. Have to keep an eye on the speedometer now Wink
3) Sports mode even better.
4) Taking it steady barely have to apply any pressure on the pedal. 70 mph at about 1800 revs is very smooth and feels effortless. Engine just feels a lot smoother than it was.

It can't be far off SC performance now, but with better mpg Rolling with laughter

I can't report on mpg cos I didn't look too busy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #232334 Thu Jul 30 2009 10:16pm
lou-lou

United Kingdom 
I must stop playing

Well I was told by a Dealer that a tuned TDV8 was as quick as the SC.

Well it's true......followed a SC FFRR onto the A43 at J10 M40 tonight and he clearly wanted to show off to his family who were with him how superior he was than a humble diesel sport Rolling with laughter

So after allowing him to demonstrate his non superior handling at the first roundabout. I took the inside line at the next and showed him my superior RRS and how quick a diesel really is. I obviously pulled into the nearside lane at every opportunity to allow him to pass but he couldn't muster the torque or speed to acheive it. Rolling with laughter
I was coming off at the next roundabout so I slowed so that he could see my lovely diesel badge before saying good bye Exclamation

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #232460 Sun Aug 02 2009 7:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>