Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Broke Down. 2010 3.0 HSE 5 weeks old
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

CITYLADD

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Josh

Hi Josh

Now why would I put my self at risk.I have made the decision that if I find my self in similar circumstances I will have no hesitation in leaving my car in the out side lane.

I am in the fortunate situation of not having to suffer any financial discomfort if my car gets totalled.

With out resulting to bragging rights ,I conceder my self to be above your average daily RR driver. I have a Full race licence, in the past I have competed in manufactures Eu based race series. Along with helped with the development of a F1 team car.( My Company was lead sponsor at the time.)

Due to time restrictions I now attend approx 20 track days a year.

I consider my self more than capable of dealing with events that arise out of driving a RR Sport 3.0 D.

However I can say that the events of my car having a total power loss, whist driving in the fast lane of a motor way in horrendous weather conditions, were the most challenging that I have had to deal with for a long time.

Post #243219 Fri Nov 20 2009 12:10pm
Lateral5

Australia 

Good to see LR have addressed all quality issues in the new model.....when will they get the basics right? RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #243334 Sun Nov 22 2009 6:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Agree with your sentiment Lateral - worryingly a few of the issues from the "old model" seem to have been carried forward to the new model..

Post #243335 Sun Nov 22 2009 7:58am
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Just read this post with great interest - several years back I had an almost identical problem in a new Jaguar XK-R. Outside lane on the M5 - busy but good weather though. Suddenly the car lost all power completely - I managed to dart across to the hard shoulder & upon coming to a stand-still the engine cut out.

The strange thing was I started the car & she fired up with no problems! I took the car back to my Dealer who were unable to find any fault with it. This power loss happened 3 x further times over the next 6 months (thankfully near to my home as opposed to the M5) & in the end I part-exchanged it for an X5.

At the point of power loss - all electrics including power steering etc. worked. When the vehicle reached a standstill all electrics ceased working. I am reliably told this was an issue Jaguar later owned up to (they certainly didn't when I contacted them!) and it was a fault with the throttle body assembly - the electrics still worked whilst the wheels were turning but then stopped at standstill.

I must admit - it didn't put me off buying 2 x more XK-R's when the new shape came out - but the 1st had a gearbox go & a supercharger unit replaced! The last XK-R I sold before the 5L S/C R/Rover Sport has taken residence on the driveway - was faultless!

So far I've had 2k miles in the Sport with no problems....Fingers Crossdd!!

Post #243340 Sun Nov 22 2009 9:44am
CITYLADD

I am pleased to report that my car is now running perfectly. Thanks to the excellent assistance of GS Coventry . Now pulls strongly through out the rev range and returning 27MPG over all.

I like to think I was just unlucky, having ran my previous sport for 30 months and 45 k with not so much of a lose screw.

New TDV8 arrives next month keeping fingers crossed.

Post #243343 Sun Nov 22 2009 10:29am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Good news CITYLADD. look forward to the comparison between the 3.0 and the v8 when it arrives! Mr. Green

Post #243378 Sun Nov 22 2009 8:44pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

good to hear the car is now sorted Thumbs Up

years ago i had a Vauxhall Vectra Sri cut out on me in the fast lane, i was nearly flat out in it when the engine just turned off, it was a very quite stretch but for everything to fail and steering go very stiff is not something i would wish on anybody, turned out to be a sensor that failed and the car turned off to stop a piston going through the top of the engine i was told, happen a year later aswell in crawling 30mph traffic, accelerating then nothing Rolling Eyes

Post #243381 Sun Nov 22 2009 9:04pm
Lateral5

Australia 

2nd Rower wrote:
Agree with your sentiment Lateral - worryingly a few of the issues from the "old model" seem to have been carried forward to the new model..

Sounds like it...

I had my high pressure fuel pump replaced about 6 months ago and it broke as I was driving home on the F3 at 110km/h - talk about sh*t myself! It was towed back and another pump put in (the "new" replaced one had chewed itself and the cover out) - it then broke down again with my wife driving and yes, again on the F3 - fuming Censored !!! They put a third pump in and I left it with them for 2 weeks to make sure. As it turns out, there is a faulty batch of high pressure pumps. Guys were telling me that LR have recalled about 4500 vehicles in NSW to be checked and replaced......

I will buy another LR when they get above industry standard on the JD Power reliability guide.....given that they were third last in 2009, it will be a while methinks...... Whistle RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #243394 Mon Nov 23 2009 7:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Leo

Kenya 

CITYLADD: what was wrong and how did they fix it?

Post #243417 Mon Nov 23 2009 11:08am
CITYLADD

I am informed that my car had some how lost its fuel. I say this because the vehicle had travelled 180 miles from its fill up along with the gauge was reading over half full at the time of the incident and showing 138 miles to empty.

So I suspect a faulty sensor in the relation to the incorrect readings and a fuel leak. All through whilst all sensors have been replaced and re set along with fuel pressure tests ect. There have be no admissions reported back with regard to fuel leaks.

Seems odd that the car can travels 180 miles on a full tank. And be down to consumption alone.

My car was returned to me on Friday and already I can report a much more responsive pick up on the throttle. With no lag what so ever. I now have to back off when pressing on.

The MPG is now showing a over all 27 plus.

Post #243440 Mon Nov 23 2009 1:29pm
Bigby

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

CITYLADD wrote:
I am informed that my car had some how lost its fuel. I say this because the vehicle had travelled 180 miles from its fill up along with the gauge was reading over half full at the time of the incident and showing 138 miles to empty.

So I suspect a faulty sensor in the relation to the incorrect readings and a fuel leak. All through whilst all sensors have been replaced and re set along with fuel pressure tests ect. There have be no admissions reported back with regard to fuel leaks.

Seems odd that the car can travels 180 miles on a full tank. And be down to consumption alone.

My car was returned to me on Friday and already I can report a much more responsive pick up on the throttle. With no lag what so ever. I now have to back off when pressing on.

The MPG is now showing a over all 27 plus.

I am also suffering Turbo Lag and poor MPG on the 3.0 TDV6 . Do you know what the dealer did to fix it? 2010MY HSE 3.0 TDV6. Stornoway Grey/Ivory. Extended leather, winter pack.

Post #258768 Tue Mar 09 2010 5:46pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Glad its looking up for you now.

Pulling in the local stealers last week I followed a breakdown truck in with a very shiny back D4 on the back. The EPB had jammed on solid would not release, poor guy had only collect his brand new car the day before.

Post #258801 Tue Mar 09 2010 11:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123