RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Town & County Aberdeen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

PauloAmore

Scotland 
Town & County Aberdeen

Just had my car back from Town & County MOT service. Excellent service.

I got a card in the post offering an MOT and pre warranty expiration checkup.
- Booked in.
- Car picked up from my home.
- Returned same day having passed the MOT.
- No warranty issues.

Wipers replaced at my request.

No hassle, and more important, no suggestive selling of brake pads / disks yadda yadda.

Couldn't recommend them more. 2022 P440e AB

Post #197529 Wed Nov 26 2008 12:40pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Nice one - good to hear Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #197531 Wed Nov 26 2008 12:41pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

You wouldn't believe it but they've just gone and fixed the knocking. In my case, 2 bushes 3 or 4" either side of the Dynamic Response unit. (maybe attached to the anti roll bar).
- So nice to have a dealer that actually knows what the problem is and keeps trying to fix it.

Seems these bushes (which remain the original design) seem tight until the car is on a ramp. Then if there is even slight play in them, they seem to make the knocking noise.

A £15 part paid for by the dealer and a 2 hour fit. Thumbs Up

Point is, if you are in the North East of Scotland and have knocking, call T&C Aberdeen. 2022 P440e AB

Post #202995 Fri Jan 02 2009 6:11pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

PA - Would be very interested to know what they have done.

Part numbers and a diagram would be nice. I am posting highlighted areas (via Diagram) on the ongoing knocking link later. L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #203026 Fri Jan 02 2009 8:35pm
Red1903

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

Not a good dealership IMHO!

Wont be using them for any servicing or warranty work after "discussions" with their service manager on Friday evening. Was basically told to f**k off and told that they would not be looking at the car. Unfortunately for the service manager at Town and County the phone was on loud speaker and the recovery driver heard the entire conversation.

Landrover breakdown service have passed the details of the conversation to customer relations and described the incident as unacceptable. After town and county refused to look at the car, the recovery driver had to head north to a dealership in Elgin at the request of the chap handling the breakdown/recovery.
Instead of driving 2 miles to drop the car of at Town and County dealership, the recovery driver had a round trip of almost 150 miles after he kindly dropped me off at my home. Cant fault the chap that recovered the vehicle and he even offered to stop to pick so I could pick a few beers en-route to the house.

Good work Town and county Censored

Post #208277 Sun Jan 25 2009 8:28pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

wow red - I wonder what made them react like that?

Post #208280 Sun Jan 25 2009 9:08pm
Red1903

The service( or lack of it ) manager called me to discuss the breakdown given his dealership had claimed to have fixed the same fault less than a month earlier. I asked him politely to dig a bit deeper into the fault and just not replace another sensor. He told me that he was tied by Landrover UK to get a fix and get the car turned round and back to the customer. I explained that this was unacceptable and I would contact Landrover and explain his stance, it was at this point he told me he wouldnt take the car to look at it and then told me to f**k off!

As I already stated the recovery driver heard the entire conversation as the phone was on loud speaker during the conversation. I will be instructing my solicitor to write an appropriate letter to the dealer Principal at Town and Count and CC Landrover customer relations as requested.

All I want is the Range Rover Sport repaired to my satisfaction so I may drive the car without having to take valium before every journey.......To much to ask on a £56,000 car?

Post #208283 Sun Jan 25 2009 9:28pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Red - you are right to follow this up as this is terrible customer service and it's great that you have an independent witness to back you up. I think someone at T&C Aberdeen might be looking for a new job come tomorrow! If anyone form T&C is reading it would be interesting to hear your thoughts. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #208285 Sun Jan 25 2009 9:41pm
Red1903

Being shouted and sworn at does not put me up nor down, its the fact that the nearest dealership to me is now 60 miles away because I am now not welcome at my nearest dealership . Never had any problems with the Porsche dealership in 2 1/2 years which is also part of the Town and County Dealership.

There loss, as i will never purchase a car from Town and county and will never take any car to them for service or any other work.In the climate that dealers find themselves in what a idiotic way to deal with customers!

Post #208287 Sun Jan 25 2009 9:58pm
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Shocked I never liked T&C when I lived in Aberdeen anyway (bought my very first brand new LR from them years ago).... Move to Houston .... here the dealers are pretty good most of the time and they have coffee and cake always available Thumbs Up but competition from other car brands is fierce here so they have to try harder. Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #208304 Mon Jan 26 2009 5:24am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The problem is that T&C know they can get away with truly dire customer service as they have a monopoly of Land Rover sales and servicing for half of NE Scotland - The next nearest dealer is the one Red mentions in Elgin, 60 miles away and they cover the other half of the Highlands. It's along way to go Red, but I have heard lots of good things about Stratstone Perth (used to be Tay Land Rover) - have never used them myself as I use Morrisons of Stirling or CHPR in London for my servicing. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #208320 Mon Jan 26 2009 10:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Well, I've booked my RRS in for her annual service.
- Courtesy car, pickup / drop off at home.

They are even going to put another wheel on my car while they get one of my kerbed alloys refurbished.

I'm amazed at your experience.
- Nothing at all like mine. They fixed the knocking after all.
- I still recommend them.

But I'll report back after next weeks service. 2022 P440e AB

Post #208323 Mon Jan 26 2009 10:26am
Red1903

Tim,

Cheers for the heads up regarding Stratstones. The Frank Ogg Dealership up in Elgin have been very good so far, spoke at length with their service manager about the problems I have been having with the car. Just had a phone call from them to inform me that the car is now at the garage and they will call again to keep me updated on the repair Thumbs Up

Spoke with Landrover customer services this morning and they were helpfull and at 12 am today I got a call asking me to return the jag courtsey car as they had found me a brand new range rover vogue TDV8 until mine is repaired Thumbs Up

Last edited by Red1903 on Mon Jan 26 2009 4:14pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #208370 Mon Jan 26 2009 3:38pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There is at least one member here (from Belgium believe it or not!) who uses Frank Ogg, they even supplied his LHD UK spec RRS TDv8. Mind you they are the nearest dealership to his farm in Wick!

Sounds like you might be getting somewhere Red. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #208374 Mon Jan 26 2009 3:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
There is at least one member here (from Belgium believe it or not!) who uses Frank Ogg, they even supplied his LHD UK spec RRS TDv8. Mind you they are the nearest dealership to his farm in Wick!

Sounds like you might be getting somewhere Red.
Frank Ogg??? never heard of him! Any relation to Angus? Whistle I knew there was a dealer in Elgin, but I never knew their name Embarassed
All my dealings were with MacRae & Dick in Inverness or with Landrover Hasselt in Belgium and can recomend either of them Thumbs Up
Tho the courtesy car differs greatly between them ... FL2 from M&D inverness or a fiets (pushbike) from LR Hasselt Rolling with laughter Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #208382 Mon Jan 26 2009 4:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>