RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > First message and advice required
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

dazsear

England 

It's funny you should say that since the BMW was the first guy to call back and does seem a little pushy!
Mind you he is younger and a steriotypical sales person!

Post #197488 Wed Nov 26 2008 9:32am
dazsear

England 

Well I had my test rides today and all I can say is WOW!

I took the RRS out first and found it impossible to find faults, I loved everything about the car.
I was totally sold on the ride, performance etc and would have been happy to sign on the dotted if they had would have had the correct car available there & then.

Then I took out an X5, this one was the M sport version of the diesel model and I was absolutely amazed by the power and handling, a massive improvement over the RRS and nothing at all like an SUV..... it went round corners like a normal car at serious speeds!

I think the RRS felt much nicer when crusing at normal speeds and lots smoother, it made you want to drive sensibly and enjoy the ride. The BMW made me want to be a holigan..... not sure that is a good thing!

There seemed to be more toys as standard with the RRS and the engine noise was a million times nicer than the six cylinder BMW.

The Notts RRS dealers even have a little off road route in their car park made up of a banked 90 degree turn and a little hump back bridge to test climb etc...... I could not believe what the car can do and this was nowhere near the limits of the car.

I need to do a bit of soul searching before I make my mind up but think the RRS will suit my needs a little better.

I have to say both salesmen were great, Roland from BM & James from Landrover .... I would be more than happy to throw money in either persons direction.

Will have to see what cars they come up with in my £30k ish price range.

Post #197646 Wed Nov 26 2008 10:30pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Daz.

A lot of folks have come to the RRS from fast BMs (myself included, I had an M3 before getting my RRS) and the RRS does have this calming effect on your driving style.

If you're interesting in offroading at all, then the RRS beats the X5 into a cocked hat. If you think that little foray around the car park was impressive, you'll be stunned to see what they can really do Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #197675 Thu Nov 27 2008 10:58am
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

dazsear wrote:
Will have to see what cars they come up with in my £30k ish price range.

Shocked Big Cry

Why the heck do I live in Germany? I could surely get an X5 for that sort of money but never a RRS TDV8 over here (in fact it will not be easy to find a TDV6 for that sort of money in Germany)! Big Cry

And: shmoogle is absolutely right! Thumbs Up
I'm coming from a fast Audi but a fast Beamer (M5) was also one of my possible choices. Now I have the fat, heavy, slow TDV6 RRS which is as fast as an X5 or Q7 with a broken turbo, but I do not regret it at all. The car is great! Very Happy
(Of course a TDV8 would have been even better.)

Btw: Is it possible that German laptop keyboards do not have the key for the British Pund sign anymore?! Shocked I just realized that... Confused

Post #197700 Thu Nov 27 2008 12:30pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

none need pounds any more - except the *islanders*... Cool

Btw: we need pics of your moded car - was that you the other day with: S-TE..... /Alexanderstr. ? 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #197708 Thu Nov 27 2008 12:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

XXXAngelXXX wrote:
Btw: we need pics of your moded car - was that you the other day with: S-TE..... /Alexanderstr. ?

The Lady is in the garage today and get's her windows tinted! Cool

s/c grill and vents are fitted since this morning so if the weather will be fine on the weekend, there will be some pictures in my gallery on monday. Thumbs Up

No, sorry to disapoint you, I didn't go for the S-TE (althoug that would have been a good license plate, too), I took another number. ->pm

Post #197750 Thu Nov 27 2008 4:55pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

i see Smile 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #197755 Thu Nov 27 2008 5:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12