September 2005 55 Reg
Mot Sept 2009
V8 Petrol
20,000 miles Full LRSH
G4 Spec - Underbody protection, Winch, Snorkel, Full Roof Rack, MTR Tyres etc
Used in 2006 G4 Challenge.
Full HSE spec incl; Sat Nav Etc etc
Certificate of Authenticity from G4 Challenge
This has been used off road on the challenge so shows some scars from use !

Sadly for sale due to change in personal circumstances

£26,000 Sorry No Silly Offers

Own a piece of Land Rover History

If seriously interested in buying give me a ring

07740 280009 or work 01865 322226 Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Last edited by pjb on Fri Oct 17 2008 6:09pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #192351 Fri Oct 17 2008 6:00pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

ok here's a sensible offer

1 packet of RBMM 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #192354 Fri Oct 17 2008 6:08pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

1 packet of RBMM

and a used Land Rover Camping & Caravaning Club Tax Disk Holder. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #192355 Fri Oct 17 2008 6:19pm
Theo_Pental

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hello mate

Im interested in what a 'silly offer' may constitute

You have a V8 petrol non S/C
This is debatably the least popular RRS
It has also been hammered off road
The spec includes all the off road kit the next owner is unlikely to ever use - I imagine anyone wanting an off road car would buy a Disco or a landcruiser
The colour of your car is challenging at best

Regular V8 petrol HSE's of this age are 5k cheaper at least and arguably more desirable for the above reasons

I can see an SVX being a collectors item but not your car

Thus why are you asking so much of a premium and why the 'silly offer' comment?

Cheers

Theo

Post #192371 Sat Oct 18 2008 12:33am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Theo, there is demand for the G4's and as this is one of something like 39 G4 RRS's built, of which there are now fewer remaining due to accidents and if it has the authenticty of having been a competition car rather than "just" a press car, then they are very desirable cars despite having the 4.4V8.
What will be really crucial for the value is if it still has all the toys like the tent, mountainbikes, surf canoe etc that the G4's had on the competition. You might not think much of the colour but I can assure you there are a significant number of people here who would give their right arm to have a Tangiers Orange RRS with all the offroad toys. It is debatable whether the car is worth £26k when you can get a similar aged RRS S/C for less than £20k these days though.
I would chop in my Def 90 for a G4 RRS tomorrow if I could justify running 2 V8's! The fact that it has been hammered offroad is of no consequence as LR took the whole lot of the G4 cars back to the factory and refettled them before putting them into a closed dealer auction. Anyway it's been used to do what it was designed to do and if you aren't aware the RRS is as good as the D3 and the FFRR offroad, the biggest fault with the modern LR's compared to a Defender is that they are some 12cms wider than a Defender and that is a problem in the places where I take my 90. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Oct 18 2008 4:06pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #192385 Sat Oct 18 2008 12:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rupert

Ireland 

As Tim said Thumbs Up

For the record, I too would bend over backwards to get a G4 RRS (or D3 for that matter) & am currently looking into that very possibility.

Including seriously considering chopping in my Feb ’08 Java RRS for a “Challengingly Coloured” orange Land Rover Whistle

Post #192389 Sat Oct 18 2008 12:24pm
Leo

Kenya 

Theo_Pental wrote:

.......The spec includes all the off road kit the next owner is unlikely to ever use - I imagine anyone wanting an off road car would buy a Disco or a landcruiser.......

Speak for yourself mate. The RRS is one of the best offroad cars I've ever had - and i've had a fair few. If I was in the UK, I'd happily buy this piece of LR history - not as iconic as the Camel trophy cars, but still important.

Post #192395 Sat Oct 18 2008 3:57pm
pjb

Thanks Lads for the comments.

Every one is entitled to their own opinion and by silly offers, there is no point in offering me £20k but £24k I might consider it.

It was never hammered off road as it only did one stage of the Challenge, however, you would be suprised as how tough and accomplished a RRS is off road, its a shame more RRS drivers do not venture off road.

Sadly due to a change in my job I'm going to be doing 30k per annum and its just not sensible in a V8 petrol RRS, you'll be glad to hear I'm looking to replace with a diesel RRS.

Thought I would put on here first before going through a dealer as whilst I appreciate the service offered by dealers sometimes a £3k profit on the car they sell and £3k profit on the car you part ex is a little hard to swallow.

Anyone out their with a 55 plate diesel RRS HSE that would like to swop ?

Regards

Paul Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #192496 Mon Oct 20 2008 1:28pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I have an 05 with all the offroad bits on that I might consider swapping. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #192504 Mon Oct 20 2008 1:54pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Excellent post Tim Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #192515 Mon Oct 20 2008 2:53pm
Lookers Park Royal

pjb wrote:
I appreciate the service offered by dealers sometimes a £3k profit on the car they sell and £3k profit on the car you part ex is a little hard to swallow.

I wish Rolling Eyes

I'd love to have such an eye-catching RRS on the forecourt, however Central London probably isn't the place where it will fetch the best money.

If you do sell yourself then please let me know and I will certainly look for something suitable for you (without a £3k margin Laughing )

Very Annoyed may have the solution for you in so much that his is a TDV6 with a similar spec to yours Question

Good luck with it, I think it looks great! Thumbs Up

James

Post #192522 Mon Oct 20 2008 3:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pjb

Thanks James & VA,

James I might take you up on your offer, I've been offered an 06 RRS HSE 30k miles £5k to change but not the right colour as I do not want black, ideally want silver with black leather.

Come on James scour your stock, I'm sure you've got something that would fit my bill !

I'm sure the G4 would look good in your showroom, and I know quite a few of the G4's sold went to wealth londoner's for their country estates & shooting.

You've my number if anything comes up.

Regards

Paul Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #192683 Tue Oct 21 2008 5:31pm
Lookers Park Royal

pjb wrote:
Come on James scour your stock, I'm sure you've got something that would fit my bill!

Paul,

I have put the feelers out to get an underwrite on your G4, and have got what I hope to be a suitable vehicle, although it would be slightly more as a figure to change! Have a look at our web site www.charleshurstlondon.co.uk, select used vehicles and then Park Royal, then RRS stock. It is an March 2008/08 plate TDV6 TDV6 HSE in Silver/Ebony that we supplied from new, which has just been part-exchanged for a TDV8. It has covered 14500 miles and is priced at £36900, however there would be a 'forum member' discount appled!! The sticking point is getting a suitable bid for the G4 as I am sure you will understand!?

I will be off site tomorrow and Thursday AM, but if I get any positive news I'll try to PM you. In the meantime if you would like an more information then please call Matthew Gurney on 0208 992 2299.

Regards,

James Thumbs Up

Post #192689 Tue Oct 21 2008 5:56pm
pjb

Thanks James,

Not sure I can go to £37k unless the part ex is £30k Laughing

Regards Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #192898 Thu Oct 23 2008 12:40pm
pjb

Now sold Big Cry

Will be advertised shortly by James French.Com

At least you will get a warranty. Smile

Bought a 06 Java Black RRS, so still in the "club" Very Happy

Low mileage 24k as new condition, and a diesel.

On 30k per annum at average of 7 miles more per gallon I should save £1,500 on fuel per annum Thumbs Up

Regards Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #192966 Fri Oct 24 2008 9:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>