Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Questions from potential buyer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Gasman

United Kingdom 
Questions from potential buyer

Hello Guy's,

I have a few questions and maybe more that i may forget to ask, so i hope you don't mind answering them please. Embarassed

1.) I have seen on here some earlier models had problems (i would expect from a new model) what were the main probs and have they been sorted in later models?

2.) I have a budget of £35k would this get me a good spec model? Looking at HSE (I'm a private buyer not company car)

3.) Petrol or diesel (my ann mileage would roughly be 6000miles)

4.) Road tax! whats the damage?

5.) Should i buy private or trade?

6.) Colour? i really like Ivory leather,so looking at Blue's or Black!! advice would be grateful.

7.) What are the best options to look at for that have been fitted?

Now after that lot, tell me to get lost.. Mr. Green

Thanks in advance, if ithink of any others i'll post em..

Cheers

Gasman. Thumbs Up

Post #167644 Mon Apr 28 2008 5:57pm
EX-X5!

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Probs with mine: Sometimes the Nav screen freezes and the radio / CD volume goes on and off of its own accord. Leave car locked for a while and it rights itself!

35K will get you a nice 06 HSE Yes.

Diesel

Tax - c£300 quid I think (4 year)

Either if warranty still intact

Black with Alpaca (Ivory TOO light. Dark Gstars + Ivory + sweaty arse (or rain) = Wrecked leather)

Options - 19"ers, side steps, privacy glass

Now get the hell outta here.....

Post #167650 Mon Apr 28 2008 6:35pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

With that budget and low mileage, go for a supercharged.

Fully loaded, mega performance and all the toys and low 30's...

Speak to Charles Hurst. 2022 P440e AB

Post #167655 Mon Apr 28 2008 7:13pm
EX-X5!

If hes asking about road tax cost, my guess is he doesnt have money (petrol) to burn.....

Check out the total 3 yr running costs of a supercharger on what car? Bit scary.

Post #167660 Mon Apr 28 2008 7:52pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

OK time to upset a few folks here...................................

Options to look out for:
1) Sunroof - not many have it, but nice option to have.
2) Logic 7 - don't pay any extra to have it, by all accounts it isn't one of the best installations with disappointing performance
3) ECU Chip - don't touch a 2nd hand RRS that has had it done! By all means get it done later but long term life is still unknown
4) DvD - if you want this try to go for the version with screens in the head restrians rather than the drop down single screen in the centre
5) 22" to 24" wheels...................... car was never designed to have huge wheels, steer clear of anything being offered on anything other than LR OEMs up to 20" or Overfinch 21's
6) Kahn - don't pay extra for any Kahn kit, it isn't to everybody's taste and some of it is totally tasteless and will limit your market when you want to sell
6) Maya Gold.............................................. don't even think about it!
7) Modified S/C Engines............. the S/C has reduced cylinder capacity compared to the unblown 4.4V8 because LR were concerned that the liners weren't up to the strain so reduce the capacity with liners, so stear clear of S/C's with engine mods
Cool JE and Overfinch do pukka conversions with warranty, if you like that sort of thing.
9) Look closely at the "privacy" glass if fitted - factory fit has the aerial and heater elements in the glass, film is evident by raised airgap over the aerials and elements. Especially evident on the rear side glasses. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #167664 Mon Apr 28 2008 8:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
EX-X5!

Well I for one and well and truly upset. I'm going to bed without any supper. Thanks a bunch Tim. And I actually liked you. Big Cry

Post #167669 Mon Apr 28 2008 9:10pm
Gasman

United Kingdom 

PauloAmore wrote:
With that budget and low mileage, go for a supercharged.

Fully loaded, mega performance and all the toys and low 30's...

Speak to Charles Hurst.

Thanks pauloamore, yeah i had thought about the S/C as with my low mileage,so will bear that in mind, yes i will be emailing Charles hurst..thx again Thumbs Up

Post #167670 Mon Apr 28 2008 9:11pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Didn't know you have a Kahn RRS - EX-X5 Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #167671 Mon Apr 28 2008 9:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NickM

United Kingdom 

I just think with fuel costing what it does - and if you hammer it - you won't see a good side of 10 mpg....

Post #167672 Mon Apr 28 2008 9:13pm
Gasman

United Kingdom 

EX-X5! wrote:
If hes asking about road tax cost, my guess is he doesnt have money (petrol) to burn.....

Check out the total 3 yr running costs of a supercharger on what car? Bit scary.

Hi EX-X5, i was not sure with these new road tax changes if it applied to ALL RRSPORTS or new models? As did not want to be putting more money into Gordon Censored Browns pocket...Fuel tax is more than enough... Big Cry

Thx again Thumbs Up

Post #167673 Mon Apr 28 2008 9:15pm
bermyandy

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Think long and hard about the s/c - if your mileage is low, it may not be an issue. The price difference between a new tdv8 and a year or two old s/c is significant, so many saved today could offset the increased fuel costs.

They do drink fuel, and it does get a bit annoying, but as a car i now love it and its perfect for all i need in my 6,000 annual miles, so personally fuel becomes less of an issue

I do have an underlying fear though that the lentilists will impact residuals of the s/c more in the future

Post #167674 Mon Apr 28 2008 9:16pm
EX-X5!

Yeah I've got delusions of being Chris Eubank. I've got a Kahn branded orange leather quilted smoking jacket on order to go with my Kahn monacle and Kahn velvet pinstriped plus 4's.

Its cool to be a dandy dont u know. What what what.

PS: Bo Censored cks!

Mr. Green

Post #167676 Mon Apr 28 2008 9:20pm
Gasman

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
OK time to upset a few folks here...................................

Options to look out for:
1) Sunroof - not many have it, but nice option to have.
2) Logic 7 - don't pay any extra to have it, by all accounts it isn't one of the best installations with disappointing performance
3) ECU Chip - don't touch a 2nd hand RRS that has had it done! By all means get it done later but long term life is still unknown
4) DvD - if you want this try to go for the version with screens in the head restrians rather than the drop down single screen in the centre
5) 22" to 24" wheels...................... car was never designed to have huge wheels, steer clear of anything being offered on anything other than LR OEMs up to 20" or Overfinch 21's
6) Kahn - don't pay extra for any Kahn kit, it isn't to everybody's taste and some of it is totally tasteless and will limit your market when you want to sell
6) Maya Gold.............................................. don't even think about it!
7) Modified S/C Engines............. the S/C has reduced cylinder capacity compared to the unblown 4.4V8 because LR were concerned that the liners weren't up to the strain so reduce the capacity with liners, so stear clear of S/C's with engine mods
Cool JE and Overfinch do pukka conversions with warranty, if you like that sort of thing.
9) Look closely at the "privacy" glass if fitted - factory fit has the aerial and heater elements in the glass, film is evident by raised airgap over the aerials and elements. Especially evident on the rear side glasses.

Thanks Tim, i think you covered most of it there Bow down

I will certainly take all those points into consideration..Good tip with the "privacy glass" Thumbs Up

I didn't think about a sunroof,but v.good suggestion.

I am looking to buy used pref 2yrs old!

Also not sure how to finance yet as i have a VW Golf that i'll probley prt/ex...then prob start a fresh deal??

Cheers
Thumbs Up

Post #167677 Mon Apr 28 2008 9:20pm
Gasman

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Thanks guy's for all you tips and info...keep em coming.

Gasman Bow down

Post #167678 Mon Apr 28 2008 9:22pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

EX-X5! wrote:
PS: Bo Censored cks!

Mr. Green

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #167679 Mon Apr 28 2008 9:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>